No show-gift voucher client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siana

Reaction score
I'd really like a few opinions on what you would do in this situation. I had a lady with a gift voucher who booked in to use it - for a luxury facial. This was an evening appointment at my home salon and she didn't turn up. I'd obviously spent half an hour preparing my room, products and myself for the appointment and unfortunately I did not have her number. I could easily have filled her slot as evening appointments obviously go weeks in advance and I have a waiting list. Last night (nearly a week later) she phoned and left a message saying she wrote the appointment down on the wrong day on her calendar, she realises it is her mistake but wants to re-book so that she can use her gift voucher.

Would you forgive the mistake and re-book her or politely explain the fact that you do have a waiting list and you lost out because of her not showing up (even though you've already been paid for the voucher and therefore that appointment)?

Oh I hate these situations!

I would accommodate her could be a genuine mistake we all make them

I would accommodate her could be a genuine mistake we all make them

I would too, she may become a good regular client.

Id just say my next available evening appointment is .... I understand the missed appointment was a genuine mistake. If you can not make it in future please could you give me 24 hours notice as per my T&C's (available to read at....) otherwise the appointment will be charged at full price. (Or something along those lines)

Then if she doesnt turn up, she knows she will have lost the use of the voucher.

Xx

I agree - I sometimes think I'm a bit of a soft touch, but I would probably do it. Unfortunately though, quite often when I do this, I end up never seeing them again!!!

I usually let people off the first time, if they are bothered enough to speak with me or leave a message explaining.

I would rebook her, do a wonderful treatment and hope she becomes a regular. Although I agree that often they don't.

Now if she didn't turn up next time, that would be a different story lol xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated. I do feel like I'm a bit of a soft touch at times and I really have been quite stressed this month trying to fit people in - she really upset me by not turning up but I suppose I'm taking things too personally. I think I will give her the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not bending over backwards to fit her in this time! Thanks again for your help ladies :)

I'd really like a few opinions on what you would do in this situation. I had a lady with a gift voucher who booked in to use it - for a luxury facial. This was an evening appointment at my home salon and she didn't turn up. I'd obviously spent half an hour preparing my room, products and myself for the appointment and unfortunately I did not have her number. I could easily have filled her slot as evening appointments obviously go weeks in advance and I have a waiting list. Last night (nearly a week later) she phoned and left a message saying she wrote the appointment down on the wrong day on her calendar, she realises it is her mistake but wants to re-book so that she can use her gift voucher.

Would you forgive the mistake and re-book her or politely explain the fact that you do have a waiting list and you lost out because of her not showing up (even though you've already been paid for the voucher and therefore that appointment)?

Oh I hate these situations!

I may have miss read this but how did she know she had missed her appointment if you didn't have a number to call her about it? Surely if she had written down the wrong day she would have turned up on that day expecting her appointment? Confused

I may have miss read this but how did she know she had missed her appointment if you didn't have a number to call her about it? Surely if she had written down the wrong day she would have turned up on that day expecting her appointment? Confused

Good point!

I've just listened to the message again. She said she wrote down this Thursday instead of last Thursday, but when she looked at her calendar she realised it was wrong because she remembers booking the facial the day after a special event and that event was last week! It may be genuine but who knows, I'm going to offer her another appointment but I'll be warning her if it happens again that's it!

I would rebook her, but not offer her an apt at a premium time I.e evenings etc incase she cancels again.

Latest posts

Back