No Shows is it me fed up!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthit

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm having a lot of trouble with no shows lately:rolleyes:and being mobile it aint easy I'm just getting really down about the whole thing of working for myself:cry: is it me? should I be taking deposits for all bookings that re-book such as infils etc?
I was supposed to have a client this morning for infils and a facial I tried and tried to ring her last night and this morning but NOTHING she's not answering her phone so I'm not going:rolleyes: loss of earnings AGAIN!!!
I had another one last week that I tried for most of the week to get hold of I text and rang she didn't answer me then on the morning of her appointment she text me to say that she had just come out of hospital with a kidney infection:irked: I doubt that very much:mad:

I'm just getting disheartened with it all anybody got any advice as to avoid this kind of behaviour from our clients I'm just fed up with it BIIIIIG time:cry:

Any help appreciated

Kate xxxxx

Oh Kate, I am sorry I am not best qualified to offer advice as I work from home and am in the early days of setting up my business, but I would definately think that it is acceptable to take a deposit for a next appointment, especially if you explain why you have adopted this policy, it would at least make the timewasters think twice.

Its so disheartening, if only these people could get it into their silly heads that it is your liveliehood that they are messing with!!!!!

Take heart, you are not the only one, and I am sure given time, you will build up your clientelle and can tell the timewasters to take a hike!!!

Mandyxxx

Oh Kate, I am sorry I am not best qualified to offer advice as I work from home and am in the early days of setting up my business, but I would definately think that it is acceptable to take a deposit for a next appointment, especially if you explain why you have adopted this policy, it would at least make the timewasters think twice.

Its so disheartening, if only these people could get it into their silly heads that it is your liveliehood that they are messing with!!!!!

Take heart, you are not the only one, and I am sure given time, you will build up your clientelle and can tell the timewasters to take a hike!!!

Mandyxxx

Hi Mandy,

Yes I think I am have to get hard with re-booking as I think this is the only way around as you say time wasters it sooo GO DAMN annoying as I'm mobile I have to prepare my car etc etc I'm just really getting fed up with it all it's happening a lot to me and i can't help but take it personally although everyone tells me not to bit it aint easy:rolleyes:

Thanks for your kind words I will start my new harder approach from today and take deposits and hope it stops the time wasters:rolleyes:

Thanks again

Kate xx

You are most welcome Kate, hopefully some other geeks can come up with some more ideas so that you can be ready and armed for the next idiot timewaster...lol

Mandyxx

You are most welcome Kate, hopefully some other geeks can come up with some more ideas so that you can be ready and armed for the next idiot timewaster...lol

Mandyxx

Yeah I hope so:rolleyes: just sooooo fed up with it!!!!

Thanks again for your kind words:hug:

Kate xxx

You have to be really careful coming down hard on clients, they have to be well established and understand where you are coming from. You also have to be offering a good professional standard and have their respect.

When I checked this post, I also checked all your prior posts (I often mooch through old posts to see past & present problems).

Now I don't wanna shoot you down (so please don't take it that way) But, you started posting in early March (it's now late May) with many problems (some of them quite basic issues, even your recent problems), have you dealt with and overcome all of these problems in such a short period of time? You really need to iron these issues out before trying them on paying clients.

I can't help but mention further training when it comes to advice, as many have had inferior training in the past. You should be confident and well versed in your products and their application before launching headlong into advertising. Many techs and therapists proudly flaunt their qualifications to entice clients (can you do this)?

You need to get some really good work out there so your clients can sing your praises and advertise on your behalf. Unfortunately clients that have had a bad experience talk (badmouth) more readily. It's a very small world and news travels fast ..... bad news seems to travel faster.

There are so many techs advertising their services, it's quite diffucult to stand out, earn a clients trust and entice them in your direction.

Price may get them through the door once, but you have to keep them with quality service better than have had in the past, or where they can get elsewhere.

It's very competative and it's hard to stay ahead/above the rest.
Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

You have to be really careful coming down hard on clients, they have to be well established and understand where you are coming from. You also have to be offering a good professional standard and have their respect.

When I checked this post, I also checked all your prior posts (I often mooch through old posts to see past & present problems).

Now I don't wanna shoot you down (so please don't take it that way) But, you started posting in early March (it's now late May) with many problems (some of them quite basic issues, even your recent problems), have you dealt with and overcome all of these problems in such a short period of time? You really need to iron these issues out before trying them on paying clients.

I can't help but mention further training when it comes to advice, as many have had inferior training in the past. You should be confident and well versed in your products and their application before launching headlong into advertising. Many techs and therapists proudly flaunt their qualifications to entice clients (can you do this)?

You need to get some really good work out there so your clients can sing your praises and advertise on your behalf. Unfortunately clients that have had a bad experience talk (badmouth) more readily. It's a very small world and news travels fast ..... bad news seems to travel faster.

There are so many techs advertising their services, it's quite diffucult to stand out, earn a clients trust and entice them in your direction.

Price may get them through the door once, but you have to keep them with quality service better than have had in the past, or where they can get elsewhere.

It's very competative and it's hard to stay ahead/above the rest.
Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice but I have now sorted out the problems with my nails as I was trying out a new technique and it didn't work!!!!!!!:mad:

I am qualified to VTCT level and have been up and running for 3 years now:eek: my question on this post was why people choose not to keep appointments without even letting us know:mad: to me this is just bad manners and I can't quite accept why as I think I give an excellent service as opposed to many many NSS salons in my area who in my opinion don't deserve business!!!!!!! I give out aftercare and I think I provide a caring service and people seem keen to re-book but don't feel the need to tell me if they can't keep their appointment which I find very disheartening admitteddly perhaps i haven't been in th ebiz very long but I have gone through the right avenues as far as training etc is concerned yes I think to keep up with our skills is important and maybe I'm not as good as the next person but I do feel I care a lot more than many salons do in my area but they seem to get the clients with pis por service my question is why??????

My post was not to hear the bad things about myself as you seem to have readily forwarded I AM FINDING IT very hard at th emoment to stay motivated and no I must admit there are days like today where I don't see the point of carrying on with it I care very much about my clients and not just a fly by night that thinks I can make a quick buck on a few sets of nails :mad:

This as far as I'm concerned is my career and I am very serious about it everybody has no shows I just asked th equestion as to how I stop this I didn't expect to be shot down in flames as you have just done!!!!!!!:mad: it's a very hard industry and I don't think you have helped me today as I'm very close to the edge and maybe you should be more careful when posting a thread and your choice of words coz I too follow threads and more than once I have thought that your choice of words were not fitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that you think on this and we people that are trying our very hardest and we really are trying just want some advice as to what others do in this situation!!!:grr:

Thanks

Kate

Keep your chin up!!!, life stinks sometimes and we all go through bad patches,whatever the situations are,buisness, love etc, Im sure things will improve, they always do,just dont worry :) Ive all this to come yet when I qualify, yikes :/

Keep your chin up!!!, life stinks sometimes and we all go through bad patches,whatever the situations are,buisness, love etc, Im sure things will improve, they always do,just dont worry :) Ive all this to come yet when I qualify, yikes :/

Thanks soooo much for your kind words :hug: it's a hard industry to survive in but worth it good luck to you in future:hug:

:hug::hug::hug:

Kate xx

Thanks worthit, Hope things improve for you :):hug: :hug:

Hi,

Thanks for your advice but I have now sorted out the problems with my nails as I was trying out a new technique and it didn't work!!!!!!!:mad:

I am qualified to VTCT level and have been up and running for 3 years now:eek: my question on this post was why people choose not to keep appointments without even letting us know:mad: to me this is just bad manners and I can't quite accept why as I think I give an excellent service as opposed to many many NSS salons in my area who in my opinion don't deserve business!!!!!!! I give out aftercare and I think I provide a caring service and people seem keen to re-book but don't feel the need to tell me if they can't keep their appointment which I find very disheartening admitteddly perhaps i haven't been in th ebiz very long but I have gone through the right avenues as far as training etc is concerned yes I think to keep up with our skills is important and maybe I'm not as good as the next person but I do feel I care a lot more than many salons do in my area but they seem to get the clients with pis por service my question is why??????

My post was not to hear the bad things about myself as you seem to have readily forwarded I AM FINDING IT very hard at th emoment to stay motivated and no I must admit there are days like today where I don't see the point of carrying on with it I care very much about my clients and not just a fly by night that thinks I can make a quick buck on a few sets of nails :mad:

This as far as I'm concerned is my career and I am very serious about it everybody has no shows I just asked th equestion as to how I stop this I didn't expect to be shot down in flames as you have just done!!!!!!!:mad: it's a very hard industry and I don't think you have helped me today as I'm very close to the edge and maybe you should be more careful when posting a thread and your choice of words coz I too follow threads and more than once I have thought that your choice of words were not fitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that you think on this and we people that are trying our very hardest and we really are trying just want some advice as to what others do in this situation!!!:grr:

Thanks

Kate

aww hun...I really don't think or read nailzoo's post as shooting you down in flames...he even said it wasn't.

It was about about looking at the whole picture...to try and see why people are choosing other salons/techs in favour of you.

aww hun...I really don't think or read nailzoo's post as shooting you down in flames...he even said it wasn't.

It was about about looking at the whole picture...to try and see why people are choosing other salons/techs in favour of you.

Maybe not but it sure sounded like it:rolleyes: I'm feeling very low as to why people choose not to let me know why they can't make the appointment that the have re-made with me? this was my question not to be told what my last threads were I know people go to other salons that's life but when the re-book with you surely they liked what I did otherwise they wouldn't of booked would they??? :eek:

My question was what oter geeks do in this situation and how you stop people letteing you down sooo much and not letting you know :irked: just needed some help really I thought I could just find a bit of support here:rolleyes:

Thanks Kate xxx

Hi,

Thanks

Kate

Sorry you took my advice the wrong way, even though I tried to soften what I had to offer as much as I could.

Your profile doesn't say much about you and you have only been posting since March this year, perhaps you should fill out your profile so people know where you are coming from and what you have done.

I do sympathise with you and there have been many posts in the past on no show clients which I have also offered advice on.

You are not alone on this issue, as many of us have to deal with the same problem.

ahhh don't worry about it hun just keep up the good work ..i get that from time to time it is ignorant of clients that don't show without 24 hr cancellation but we alsways pick up our mood for the next client...chin up it'll get better.
jane xx

:hug::hug:Aw sending you hugs,Im sure its just a bad phase your going through,Ive been doing mobile nails for 6 months,Ive had so many downs, but last week I was on a high as I had two new bookings,and somebody else was going to call me back..but then didnt...(this is my pet hate people saying I ll call you back,coz I know damn well they wont)..but I havent luckily come across any no shows when Ive got there on my travels, unlike you.

I do another self employed job aswell ,I dont think Id be able to hack or servive on nails alone,I have mentioned in a thread before ,I dont know whats worst sometimes working for someone else or being self employed and getting messed about by clients!!

I do get upset when new clients rebook for their infills and then cancel at the last moment ,and flob me off with some excuse ...and say I ll call you back later to rebook!!And then you never hear from them again.It makes me wonder if they werent very happy with my service,if they werent then please let me know,dont just flob me off with some made up excuse.

Ive got a new lady I done last week..ex nns client,booked in to have infills done by me week Saturday,she was really lovely,took one of my cards and said she was going to recommend me to a friend..well we ll have to wait and see if she doesnt keep to her appointment ,then Im gonna be in the same boat as you hun..on a downer again.:rolleyes:

This reply is in general, not personal (heaven forbid I defend my replies yet again)

1. some clients rebook because they want to be polite (or don't want to upset you).
  2. some have good reason to cancel (then rebook) or never come again
  3. some are just rude and don't show (then rebook) or never come again
  4. some give fake telephone numbers and don't show up
  5. some don't particularly like you
  6. some don't like the nails/service
  7. some don't like the salon
  8. some are embarrassed about not being able to afford it, but book anyways
  9. some bash a nail off in the first few days and will blame you
  10. some come to you because their usual tech is on holidays
  11. some are just salon/tech hoppers
  12. some discover nails are "not for them" and have smashed nails and some pain to prove it
  13. some gets nail on, then their friend notices and says "oh you should go and see my tech" and they forget about you
  14. some get nails on for a special occasion and have no intention of coming back .... go back to point No1
The list of excuses is almost endless. New clients are the most difficult and unpredictable.

I used to have quite a few walkins that book, then ask the price (i'm more expensive than many in my area), then didn't show for their appointments.
Some will simply say, "that's too expensive" and cancel, but often their pride gets in the way.

Now I take a $30 deposit, if they cough up, they are genuine and will usually show, if they don't show, they just bought me a nice lunch and often a well deserved break.

You gotta roll with the punches, it won't be the last time it happens.
Put away the tissues and put on a happy face for the next client (nobody likes a moody tech).

MMmm , didnt realise there could be so many excuses,so what about the type of client who divvers about as to when to book their infill appointment for and then says ..well I dont know when Im free to make my next appointment,can I call you nearer the time..I always take this personally too,and feel their not happy with their nails,and too scared to tell me.

I had a new on a couple of months ago who said this,and I never see her again,but she did say she worked in a hairdressers, and Im pretty sure she said they had a nail tech..and Ive just had a new one last week who said the same,so to be honest Im prepared to not hear from her again..mind you she done my head,gass or what:eek:she coulda talked for England!

I used to take no-shows/cancellations personally but don't any more...... Have you ever booked a salon treatment and then realised that you have a bill to pay instead? Have you ever had a treatment and realised it's not for you? Have you ever been put on the spot with the price of something? I have been in all those situations as a client.......

I have regular clients that value me, I have faith in my work (most of the time!) so I accept the inevitable cancellations. It's frustrating, but it's something that we (as self-employed people) have to deal with.....

I agree with Nailzoo about a bit of training - I always get so enthused from training and that buzz comes across to my clients. Do a skill-build day, it doesn't mean you're rubbish - it means you want to be better,and we can all be better!

Slap a smile on and get back out there!

hth's

Hi All,

I'm having a lot of trouble with no shows lately:rolleyes:and being mobile it aint easy I'm just getting really down about the whole thing of working for myself:cry: is it me? should I be taking deposits for all bookings that re-book such as infils etc?
I was supposed to have a client this morning for infils and a facial I tried and tried to ring her last night and this morning but NOTHING she's not answering her phone so I'm not going:rolleyes: loss of earnings AGAIN!!!
I had another one last week that I tried for most of the week to get hold of I text and rang she didn't answer me then on the morning of her appointment she text me to say that she had just come out of hospital with a kidney infection:irked: I doubt that very much:mad:

I'm just getting disheartened with it all anybody got any advice as to avoid this kind of behaviour from our clients I'm just fed up with it BIIIIIG time:cry:

Any help appreciated

Kate xxxxx
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: just for you as a mobile hair and beauty therapist for 9 year i know your problem to be honest i did nothing about my no showes if they rang up and said sorry and re booked i would go back but other wise i just put it down to rude ignorant people, i don't take deposits in less they book 6 month in advance as some times things do happen that is out of there control i know a call dose not take long but sometimes it can be the last thing on there mind. don't give up on your work luv it is worth it in the end some times you just have to put these things down to human nature. good luck and stay positive forget the troubles and consentrat on your new and loyal clients that is all that really matters.:):lol:

This used to happen to me alot until I told them if they missed another appointment I would charge them double for their whatever serviced they were receiving!!

Latest posts

Back