NO to Christmas cards..............

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL @ the neighbors! The big question is, what's going to happen when you do find out who it was? :eek:

I prefer to make my own greetings cards, mostly because it's fun for me. It can be difficult figuring out what to write for every one, so I really only send ones to people I don't see or talk to a lot but still think about. Funnily enough, it the personal aspect that I really appreciate about cardmaking/giving, but I don't usually do it for birthdays, only Mother's Day and Christmas. What's up with that?

It's different when you get cards that just say "From so and so..." under the printed greeting with nothing else on them. With that, I'd deffo just say SAVE THE PAPER and do something useful instead. There's such a weird kind of politics surrounding cardgiving... My sister-in-law was upset that she hadn't received a card commemorating her getting a placement from family who'd already told her face-to-face "Congratulations"... People are funny.

Is it popular in the UK to send out "Christmas letters" with Christmas cards? Lots of people do that here, where people fill you in on what they did this year and what they think about X and Y, etc., etc... On the one hand I can appreciate being included in the loop (albeit in a warped, impersonal way...), and on the other hand it's like, just e-mail me during the year.

Im a complete loser and I absolutely adore christmas lol So everyone gets cards from me :) xx

I always buy cards for long distance friends and family and close relatives. I will be buying them off the motor neurone disease website so that something gets donated to them as that is what my dad died of, I don't buy for everyone though.

Sorry but I love Christmas and make most of my family cards I can put lovely verses in them and My family love them.:)
Deck the halls tralalala laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I haven't sent Christmas cards to all and sundry in years....I only choose cards for my family and best friends.

I do recycle those that are sent to me.

Latest posts

Back