NO to Christmas cards..............

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
I have emailed my friends this and would like to say.
NO Christmas cards to or from me.
What a waste of paper etc that has to be recycled.
Lets all email etc our mates and put a stop to this idiotic thing that has become the "norm"
Anyone else think it's a good idea?
I will send them all personal messages...it means so much more xxxx

i neva send xmas cards! 1, i hate / am against xmas, and 2, even if i didn't im too lazy lol.

im as much christian as i am sikh (or any other religion for that matter!), u dont see me sending Diwali cards!!!

I may seem really mean here but I never send Xmas or birthday cards to anyone and everyone who knows me knows not to expect one. For Xmas I give people candy canes instead as you can eat them and I think it's a nice alternative. For birthdays however I just add a little extra to their gift. x

I agree, I only send Christmas Cards to my Boyfriend and family, and will do my son this year!
Other wise its just a waste and ends up getting expensive paying out for more cards, because someone has given you one and you forgot to send them one, so you go and buy more!

I said last year that I wouldn't be sending cards this year as it is a ridiculous waste of money! I must spend about 30 pounds on just cards and postage! and they will be in the bin a week later!

Some of my family were a bit put out by this, my nans etc, but hey ho! I'd rather donate the money to malamute rescue! :green:

Yeah mam, nans and aunties think its awful if you so much as hint at NOT sending out cards.

I don't even send my hubby an anniversary card either - maybe when its a landmark date but thats it.

I agree - I love Xmas - but can't be arsed with sending cards.

xx

i havent sent any for the last 2 years, coz i have been 2 busy/lazy.
i cant see the point of sending them to people who you see all the time any way.
i dont really like getting them either, i hate the way they blow over when you open the door to the room.
at least they can be recycled though.

I always buy cards, write them out, and then forget to give them out...
So this year I will only buy the kids cards for them to give to classmates,
and maybe a small pack just for like my mum and grandad etc.....But no neighbours, no mums at the school, and no friends I never see this year...
We will have to do a mass email pm at xmas lol...so we can all send each other E cards...
:green:

I walked into our local M&S yesterday and nearly choked at a whole section already devoted to Christmas wrapping paper and cards. I thought :rolleyes: for goodness sake :rolleyes:, it is only September! Seems to get earlier every year.

Me to. I love Christmas but cant stand cards cluttering the place. I feel guilty that people have taken the time to write them and all I want to do is put them in the bin.

i didn't send any last year...its a daft idea...cards are for people you are not going to see...people who live far away...why do we see someone...say merry Christmas and then pass them a card saying the same thing...:lol:

I will send cards to those who i wont be seeing and those who don't do emails...

I dont send Christmas cards either, I donate to my mums PBC support group charity.

Sue x x

WOWSERS! im truely shocked at all you bah humbugs!! lol....I LOVE chrimbo and everything that goes with it....i love cards...making me list, writing them, giving and receiving, I buy them individually for special people like my mum, partner, son etc then i buy a pack to use for everyone else...I dont think its a waste of money at all...you can spend as little or as much as you like when it comes to cards....they are recyclalalalalbubble....and cheer the place up...it always gives me a nice feeling when i look at how many cards ive got at christmas...its nice to know youve been thought about!

I think with the current recession why buy a load of cards that most people don't even really look at or care about when money is so tight for most folk.
Why cause even more recycling??
No-one I've emailed etc. thinks I'm a tight bugger and think it's a good idea and are not offended in any way.
Obviously as Angie says there are a few folk who you can't email etc like old relatives but it's just as nice to receive an email not just saying merry christmas but also with a personal message attached.

Agreed hun.I hate xmas cards! They just look so scruffy all scattered about anywhere that we can find to put them! I dont really understand why we have them?
xxx

I am with you on this one Judy....i have never ever sent cards,because,it is just not in my nature to do so,i telephone,write a letter,or e mail,now i have learnt some computing from hubby:eek::lol:....

I remember when my grandmother died on her birthday,people gave her a card,as she was dying,and i thought that some were hypocrytical to do so....and my uncle wanted to bury the cards with my grandmother aswell:confused:.....

For me it is the memories i cherish,no one can take that away:hug:

The laughter,the tears,the emotions,gosh,it is nostalgic!

At work the last few years we haven't sent cards, we have collected the money we would have spent on cards and put it to a charity. There are 3 branches of the vets i work at and what we did at the beginning of nov was pass around big sheets of decorated card for everyone to put on a message and add a donation to the envelope. As for other cards, dont tend to do everyone - but do buy for some folk that i don't see very often, although liking the idea of individual emails to folk!

Either way I don't mind but I love the Christmas theme because it brightens up the end of the year when the mood is blue and the weather is cold and bitter, as you know I am passionate about looking after number 1, so I think Christmas is a special celebration for all the hard work that we have done throughout the year. I hear both sides of this thread and I am sitting on the fence, I have forgotten to send cards in the past and not felt guilty about it and I have send loads of cards and felt good about it, either way it's made no difference to friends, family, neighbours etc. :hug::hug:

i love christmas. i always buy my cards in the sales but i ALWAYS send cards. i tend to buy expensive ones too which is why i buy them in the sales! i put blu-tack on every single card i get and arrange them all over the walls in my lounge. they look really nice and not tacky at all! i think it's nice to keep in touch with people and let them know that you are still thinking of them. you can donate your cards after xmas. some charity shops accept old cards and stamps. you can recyle your cards after xmas by taking them to special bins at tesco, w h smith t k maxx amongst others. the woodland trust will then recycle the cards and plant trees. you can buy charity cards and do your bit. there's some ideas for you miserable buggers! lol

They are in the shops now.
Don't buy them send a charitable contribution or something instead.
I'm on a one woman mission with this:eek:
And the neighbours can bog off because someone nicked my recycling bin and bags this week:irked:
I'll be out first thing next time to find out who it is.....I'm waiting till nightfall and going on a mission to see who it was:)

Latest posts

Back