Non professional doing treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
A girl contacted me through facebook about a month ago through a friend asking if I could do a minx party for her. Sent her the designs and was waiting on her getting back to me with what designs everyone wanted.
Then she cancelled but didnt rebook. Thought I would follow up after a while asking if she wanted to rebook in.
Then the other day she posts a status on facebook saying "doing my mums minx tonight cant wait" I thought thats odd as she asked me to do a minx party and she isnt even trained or assosiated with beauty as her job.
I kept an eye on her profile and 2 days ago she posted a picture of her mums toes, and they were actually a trendy nail wrap design. A few people commented saying they looked great, and I of course had to reply and say this was NOT minx, it was a similar product but cant use the minx name for it. Nobody replied
Then yesterday I rechecked her profile and she has had about 10 people asking her how much she charges for minx nails and she is replying telling people £15!
I know she would of bought this from sallys as there is a branch 2mins from her house and they sell TNW.

Really annoyed that she is using the name minx and charging people! She is probably using a hairdryer too to apply!

Whats even more annoying is she has booked in with me today in the salon for lash extensions, which I know she will be thinking she can see how they are getting done then offer that to her friends also! I will make sure I keep everything out of her site till the pads are on and her eyes are closed so she doesnt see what I am using or doing!

Really annoys me as I spent time and money on training for these and offer a professional service then people like that can go into sallys and buy things then offer it as a service to others!! :mad:

So many post about this sort of thing and honestly I don't know why any waste their energy thinking about it! It is always going to happen .. no use getting annoyed about it kiddo! lol

Do the best you can do and be as professional as you can be ... and how far do you think these others ever get? Eh?

They get nowhere at all ... pick up a few quid here and there from their cheap skate friends who wouldn't know a quality service if it was right in front of their eyes and nor do they desire it because they aren't quality-loving people; they are cheap loving people. Who cares about them? If they wanted quality they would be coming to you right? :hug:

I Know here if someone is doing something illegal you can call the state board on them. if you dont mind really making this woman angry: call your local beauty regulators and tell them what she is doing. it would be one thing if she were just having fu6 playing nails but charging for services without training is a different story.

I Know here if someone is doing something illegal you can call the state board on them. if you dont mind really making this woman angry: call your local beauty regulators and tell them what she is doing. it would be one thing if she were just having fu6 playing nails but charging for services without training is a different story.

No regulations in the UK!!

It is mad that we don't have regulations here when we're SO over the top about health and safety in other areas. x

There's loads of people like her. She's really not worth getting worked up over. People like them make a few quick bucks here and there but they usually end up messing up later.
Ex. There was this client who wasn't a professional, but was secretly running an at-home nail parlor. She'd always come into the shop I once worked at and studied everything that was being done to her. She'd always try to find out what the name of the products that were being used, ect. The shop eventually ended up with her "clients". It was really sad seeing badly damaged nails due to over filing, jacked up cuticles, mold underneath enhancements, infections, hearing their complaints about how certain products sucked, ect. But ya know what? That's what they get for being cheap and going to a non-professional to save a few bucks, and that's what she gets for thinking she can pull a stunt like that. Everybody gets theirs!

It is mad that we don't have regulations here when we're SO over the top about health and safety in other areas. x

- I agree this is insane! I was thinking about this just the other day.

Its really sad that people go out and try to do treatments that they really havent a clue about, but in the end everything will come back and bite them on the bum- cause thats life. You cant just take from people and expect it to last forever, stuff just doesnt work like that.

Laughing at this "they are cheap loving people" - its perfectly true :D

You get what you pay for.

Did you ever get this one sorted out? Remember if she is charging then she needs to be registered as self employed and paying NI and tax. If you really are still annoyed then go to HMRC and tell them.....:confused:

I cant prove she is doing it on anybody else though!
Im not too bothered, just annoyed really!! Esp as she is using the minx name when using TNW's

It will come back and bite her on the bum hun don't worry :)

Lol well now I'm annoyed, I'm 2 blended tips, 4 front desk hours and a state board exam away from being licensed, but if I were to charge someone right now and get reported I would NEVER get my license and would pay a huge fine! Haha it's a good thing and I know it, but dang! Anyway, try not to get too annoyed, a few people will pay her and not have their fake ass minx last for more than a day or 2 and she will stop getting clients. When you have a good experience, you tell a few people. When you have a bad experience you tell just about everyone you meet!

Lol Fake-ass Minx!! Love it nail vixen . Good luck and hurry up and get that license. :hug:

Latest posts

Back