Non shedding fusion hair extensions - have I made a discovery?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy BTN

Reaction score
I was doing my hair last week. (been qualified in extensions for a few years - always do my own)

I used to do normal fusion but became a convert to pre-bonded due to the non shedding and have so many wefts i've been prebonding my own.

Well, as i say I decided to redo my hair and hadn't prebonded any so i was doing it as i went along and wondered does anyone else work this way?
Seemed so much easier and with pre-bonded i can't bend the right way with the heat wand sometimes around the crown.

Fusion as normal but between applying the glue and applying to the hair - i squeeze the glue through the tip with my heat wand (just once or twice) to properly coat - then back to fusion method.

So I'm not picking up my heat wand and it stays next to my gun on the trolley. Didn't take any longer and no shedding whatsoever so far.

Have I been missing a trick or have I just dicovered non shedding fusion?

x
Tammy

I was doing my hair last week. (been qualified in extensions for a few years - always do my own)

I used to do normal fusion but became a convert to pre-bonded due to the non shedding and have so many wefts i've been prebonding my own.

Well, as i say I decided to redo my hair and hadn't prebonded any so i was doing it as i went along and wondered does anyone else work this way?
Seemed so much easier and with pre-bonded i can't bend the right way with the heat wand sometimes around the crown.

Fusion as normal but between applying the glue and applying to the hair - i squeeze the glue through the tip with my heat wand (just once or twice) to properly coat - then back to fusion method.

So I'm not picking up my heat wand and it stays next to my gun on the trolley. Didn't take any longer and no shedding whatsoever so far.

Have I been missing a trick or have I just dicovered non shedding fusion?

x
Tammy

I am totally lost , but it's me not you .. I just cant picture what your doing :lol: I will figure it out soon and get back I hope :)

Right, picture yourself making prebonds.
Apply bond to tip of hair (or heat clamp) work through hair,
at the point you'd flatten or roll with your silicone pad - this is when I'm applying to client.
No need to use the heat clamp near the clients head (not that that's a problem unless you'r doing your own but just trying to explain)

The other way to think if it is imagine doing fusion.
Just when you've sectioned off, snip a bit from weft, trim end to blunt tip, apply bond - now i run it through my heat clamp, apply to sectioned off area and roll with silicon pad.

Latest posts

Back