Normal polish over acrylic/gel nails - which topcoat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kstewart

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could answer a simple question for me?? What top coat should I put over painted acrylics/gels when I have used just normal nail polish? I tried a gel top coat to try to make them last but it made the polish wrinkle......please help :sad:

I use an ordinary top coat OPI China glaze, I also use asp signature over normal polish I find the polish wrinkles sometimes but I leave the polish a minute or two then pop it on doesn't tend to wrinkle then. Before the joys of soak off polishes I use to use my gel couple of thin layers over the polish once it is touch dry. Still have to file it off as you can't soak it off if you have l&p on the nails!

You should always use the top coat that is the suitable one for the last product you applied ... Simple rule.

If polish is the last thing you used ... Then polish top coat.

If gel is the last thing you used ... Then a gel top coat. Etc

I use lumos top coat and love it.

When using polish i use my OPI top coat. when using my gel brand which is Gelish i use Top It Off (top coat).

I never mix the 2. As i am unsure of if mixed what could happen, might sound silly but i don't want me or client having a reaction hth xx :biggrin:

Thanks for the help geeks....so I should just apply a normal polish top coat (not gel) over the normal polish?? Will this not just chip like a normal manicure? :/

Polish does not chip when applied to enhancements. If anything it can start to rub off from the free edge after a couple of weeks but that's all...... ;)

I see, that's great! thank you :)

Latest posts

Back