Nose hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NoI cant set light to their noses or advise them to do it lol, and as i said, does the hair grow more brittle if you use the trimmers?

Sorry, I don't know why but I just laughed so much at this I think I peed a little!

If you put a cotton bud or something into the nose just imagine what could happen if the client suddenly sneezes or coughs - the potential risk doesn't bare thinking about! I had one salon try to do that to me once and I refused to let them complete the treatment - I actually walked out.

I use Andy's method in the video above - you just in effect seal one nostril at a time with wax so you catch the visible hairs at the very base of the nostril. People say about the hairs in the nose are there to do a job, yes they are - the fine ones much higher up that we don't go anywhere near.

Mat

The fact is that using a spatula or cotton bud gets the best results and the removal is cleaner and quicker. I use a cotton bud to do my own and walk around the room whilst its setting looking like something our if Futurama with two cotton buds sticking out my nose:)

However, I'd never do it on clients just in case they sneeze and pushed it up although more chance of them falling off the bed.

Last edited:
I've never stuck a spatula up anyones nose!

My eyes are watering just reading this thread 😰

I had hot wax done at a beauty show and I have to say it really didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. It removes your nose hairs brilliantly and there is something quite satisfying checking the wax for hair afterwards (eurghhh) . But, I did get a cold after doing it, whether this was a coincidence or not, but hairs are there for a reason and that is to filter dust etc.

But I guess it's a vanity thing. I would rather have a little cold than hairs popping out from my nostrils!!! You can do it in ears too ( for men) , I've yet to see a lady with hairy ears.

The fact is that using a spatula or cotton bud gets the best results and the removal is cleaner and quicker. I use a cotton bud to do my own and walk around the room whilst its setting looking like something our if Futurama with two cotton buds sticking out my nose:)

However, I'd never do it on clients just in case they sneeze and pushed it up although more chance of them falling off the bed.

Hi Kim, So I take it, you don't press the wax with the cotton bud/Spatular against the edges of the nostrils, u just put a big blob slightley in there, let it set and then yank out?:confused:

Scissors with rounded tips or nose hair trimmers. You can always pluck them or wax them but doctors say that this can cause infections.

In the lycon training day they taught you to do it with a cotton bud.

I covered this in my waxing training, i must say I find it really satisfying to do. To myself & family members... Im not yet brave enough to suggest it to a client altho I do advertise that I do it! Feels more like a plaster being removed than actual pain. Love the results too!

I dont use a cotton bud, i use 1/2 a wooden spatula to place the wax.

Xx

Here's one I made earlier :)

Attachments

• wax.jpg
    wax.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 440
Here's one I made earlier :)

Lovely ;) haha!

Its weird My first few waxes (i haven't done loads yet) I'm just amazed at the hairs in the wax inspecting them lol. I seem to for get its come from another persons body!

Xx

I got trained by Kim and she helped us out with the nose hair, I use a spatula to apply (fresh one for each cavity) the spatial is not left in the nose, wee pinch of the wax and yank it out :)ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373425375.712791.jpg

I got trained by Kim and she helped us out with the nose hair, I use a spatula to apply (fresh one for each cavity) the spatial is not left in the nose, wee pinch of the wax and yank it out :)View attachment 37942

At first I thought this was a slug/snail lol

What sort of prices do you charge for this? And do you advertise it on treatment brochures.

At first I thought this was a slug/snail lol

Haha you should have seen my pals reactions when I posted it on Facebook, I was so proud yet disgusted that came out of me lol x

And I thought I was the only freak that takes pictures of random stuff :D
I charge $5 and my clients love the results

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373463492.183583.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373463492.183583.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 262
Omg! Those pics look like they came from something growing on a coral reef!

Hi Kim, How far do you put the hot wax in the nostrils? and which way do u pull?

I've done this a few times :) I got taught to push the side of the nose towards centre and apply hot wax to that area alone, one it begins to harden, use your finger to kind of mould the wax :) Put it against hair growth and pull off against hair growth :) x

Latest posts

Back