Nostril Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HsarahH

Reaction score
Good Evening!

I have had warm and hot wax training in the past but neither of these gave advice on nostril hair waxing. And to be honest it has not yet been requested by a client. BUT.... my husband has been talking about this for a while and would like it done and i know it is possible. I have viewed a couple of you tube clips but they're not very professional and before i perform this treatment on the poor man I just wanted to clarify my technique!

I plan to use hot wax. I will use a good sized amount of hot wax on the end of a spatula (should i use a facial spatula or normal sized one) and push the sides of the nostril onto the wax. Now... do i need to hold the nostril down so the wax sets to the hairs or will it automatically stick. And do i leave the stick in as I'm not convinced i would be able to make enough of a handle with the wax that drips down to pull it out in one swift go! How long do you think it would take for a blob (rather than the strip sized pieces of hot wax I'm used to) to set?

Thank you in advance! :biggrin:

I would be interested in this so after I saw a thread a few days ago and never even contimplated waxin nostrils, but the more and more I look at my own they could do with a wax ! Lol and yeah you tube clips are nt the clearest and vary with technique.
Do you think you would need to be sprcifically trained for this service as I have hot waxing and warm waxing qualifications but no one ever mentioned this area?

Good Evening!

I have had warm and hot wax training in the past but neither of these gave advice on nostril hair waxing. And to be honest it has not yet been requested by a client. BUT.... my husband has been talking about this for a while and would like it done and i know it is possible. I have viewed a couple of you tube clips but they're not very professional and before i perform this treatment on the poor man I just wanted to clarify my technique!

I plan to use hot wax. I will use a good sized amount of hot wax on the end of a spatula (should i use a facial spatula or normal sized one) and push the sides of the nostril onto the wax. Now... do i need to hold the nostril down so the wax sets to the hairs or will it automatically stick. And do i leave the stick in as I'm not convinced i would be able to make enough of a handle with the wax that drips down to pull it out in one swift go! How long do you think it would take for a blob (rather than the strip sized pieces of hot wax I'm used to) to set?

Thank you in advance! :biggrin:
Here is a link to last weeks thread. There is a tutorial by Learn Male Waxing as part of the thread..

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/132760-what-charge-nostril-waxing.html

HTH Jack

Done! And very successfully too! Used hot wax, moved it around nostril, stick seemed to start to stick while in the nostril so i was happy to go with that and it pulled out in one swift move with many many hairs in it!

And do i leave the stick in as I'm not convinced

Please, please, please, please do not leave any tool (bit of stick / cotton bud / matchstick / etc) in the nostril (or ear).

It's completely unnecessary, and the risk if the client moves suddenly (like a sneeze reflex) could be really bad.

Free tutorial with photos and troubleshooting Click Here.

Oh blimey, agreed!!! Don't leave the spatula in for goodness sake. Read the tutorials on here or watch the whole ball if wax DVD!!

Please, please, please, please do not leave any tool (bit of stick / cotton bud / matchstick / etc) in the nostril (or ear).

It's completely unnecessary, and the risk if the client moves suddenly (like a sneeze reflex) could be really bad.

Free tutorial with photos and troubleshooting Click Here.

Thank you! Taken on board and will certainly refrain from leaving any tool in the nostril! Didnt think about clients sneezing ect.

Latest posts

Back