Not 3 free

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, does anybody know which company sells nail polish which isnt 3 free.
Thanks
David

Hi All, does anybody know which company sells nail polish which isnt 3 free.
Thanks
David

Easier to say which ones are 3 free as most polish lines are not and some who claim to be are telling porkies.

Ones I know of that ARE truly completely 3 free are:
CND
Sparitual
Jessica

I'm sure there are others.

Easier to say which ones are 3 free as most polish lines are not and some who claim to be are telling porkies.

Ones I know of that ARE truly completely 3 free are:
CND
Sparitual
Jessica

I'm sure there are others.

Thanks Geeg, Im not actually looking for a polish range that is 3 free, Im looking for a range that contains all 3........
David

Why are you looking for polishes that contain all 3? Just out of interest :)

I think that the faster drying formula (for example the 3 free CND Colour & Effects formulation) whilst a fantastic plus for the salon client, does force us all into using new and different techniques to apply polish. Some people adapt to it very fast and others maybe find it difficult.

Apply THIN to WIN.

The new formula is significantly more volatile (solvents evaporate faster than in the old formula).

ALL polish formulas wear worse if you trap solvents in by applying product too thick. The Old formula was far more forgiving in this department but the new one is more sensitive.

Peeling and early chipping are a result of too thick an application and solvents being trapped in lower layers of colour... this essentially breaks down the adhesion.

The solution is to apply thinner and/or allow more time between coats.

Also, be sensitive to the more volatile formula - this means it will thicken faster (thicker application = worse wearing!). Always cap firmly and always agitate well before application.

You can test this out for yourself...

Quickly and thickly apply C&E to 5 fingers
THINNLY apply C&E to other 5 fingers

The new formula will outperform the old formula, but it is a different formula so you need to tweak your application accordingly!

ooh thanks for that tip geeg .. no doubt i would have known that if i still lived near the sweet shop , lol but over here there isnt a massive boom on education ! :confused:

Ooooh. That's good to know. Thanks! :D

Latest posts

Back