Not insured to perform service..??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babyd6

Reaction score
I need advice. I'm in a bit of a mess through Nectar Card (long story) anyway a woman wants a sports massage form me via nectar card and Im not insured to do it. Dispite her being awear of this and not being bothered that Im not insured, I'm not so sure. Please help.

If your not insured to do something then i wouldn't do it.

wouldnt do it - your reputation as well as your livelyhood would be on the line !!

I wouldn't do it either, it's just not worth the risk! xx

i agree dont do it! ur rep is far more important......is there no way of getting urself insured in the mean time??

i def wouldnt do it - if she had a contra-action to your products or anything you wouldnt have a leg to stand on. hth

I need advice. I'm in a bit of a mess through Nectar Card (long story) anyway a woman wants a sports massage form me via nectar card and Im not insured to do it. Dispite her being awear of this and not being bothered that Im not insured, I'm not so sure. Please help.

Insurance is not just there for her benefit, it is for you too. If something were to happen during the treatment, and she decided to sue you, the insurance is there to cover the claim.

If you are not insured and she makes a claim, you could end up losing your business.

Why are you not insured to do it? Are you not trained in it? Or is your training provider not accredited?

Can you expand on the Nectar problem... maybe we can offer you some advice? :hug:

Just tell her you can't do it! It's no different than if someone wanted a tan and you weren't trained, you wouldn't still do it would you?

Thanks for the advice. I am awear of all that, she just didn't seem to want to take no for an answer. I explained that she might have a reaction & she said she had had it done before & never has.

I would buy insureance if I had the money to do so. My current insurers dont offer cover on that.

As for nectar card I have tryed ringing them but no answer!!! Its like this Nectar card reps where at a beauty fair, I signed up at the time as I thought it would be a good business idea but it turns out it wasn't. I was ment to be offering manicures & pedicures & sports massage's to nectar card customers as a treat. I had no info from them & Ive had no contact from them. I have phoned them told them that I couldnt do Manicures, pedicures & sports massages & I wanted them to change my mobile number & add treatment that I could do. However they dont appear to have done any of that. This woman has been to my house I didn't know they would give out my personal address. I have been on the phone to them. But still having no luck.

Thanks for the advice. I am awear of all that, she just didn't seem to want to take no for an answer. I explained that she might have a reaction & she said she had had it done before & never has.

I would buy insureance if I had the money to do so. My current insurers dont offer cover on that.

As for nectar card I have tryed ringing them but no answer!!! Its like this Nectar card reps where at a beauty fair, I signed up at the time as I thought it would be a good business idea but it turns out it wasn't. I was ment to be offering manicures & pedicures & sports massage's to nectar card customers as a treat. I had no info from them & Ive had no contact from them. I have phoned them told them that I couldnt do Manicures, pedicures & sports massages & I wanted them to change my mobile number & add treatment that I could do. However they dont appear to have done any of that. This woman has been to my house I didn't know they would give out my personal address. I have been on the phone to them. But still having no luck.

Can you email them? What I would do is.. tell anyone that rings that you are no longer participating in that promotion. Say your details have been given out in error. What might happen is that the person who is after the freebie gets back to Nectar and tells them, then they will probably contact you, and you will have their attention, and you can have a proper discussion about what you can / cannot do. The other thing you could do is ask the 'client' where she got your details from... if it was a website, get the address and there will be a contact page. Or if she has a letter, see what the contact details on there are. If necessary, write to them.

Thanks Zo Zo. I would but my old phoned died and no one can contact me on that. The woman just had a voucher which she showed me. From what I rember it just had my contact details on it, there was some writing but i cant rember what. I emailed nectar card and they contacted me by email and said I would need to ring the number they gave me which I did, which just wrang with no answer or wrang a few times then I was cut off. In the mean time I told the customer I couldnt do friday and I would ring her next week, she is still adement that I do it before her voucher runs out.

you can only offer her a treatment that you are insured for - tell her that is the situation and you can't do anything else about it.

seems you have either been swizzled by nectar or you've signed up for something that you know nothing about. you need to have talks with nectar to iron this out pronto as it doesn't look good or professional for both parties.

I hope that you didn't pay much out for this type of publicity.

Thanks Hippy-Chick. Well when the people who where at the beauty show told me about it it sounded good so i signed up and Im sure she said they would post info too me. Anyway Nectar Card say in emails that a company called TLC are running the promotion. I emailed again and the person who replyed to the email said they where sorry I couldnt get through but that is the correct number to call. They said to call again. I didn't pay a thing for it.

Don't do the massage hun. It's a no no with no insurance.

I would explain to the client that Nectar have been asked to change the treatments you offer, and have not done so. You are not able to offer her this and suggest she takes it up with Nectar as you cannot help her any further. Nectar have given her the old information, which was wrong.

Don't allow the client to bully you into doing it, be polite with them, but tell her straight you won't be doing it and tell her to get back intouch with Nectar - it's their problem if they are giving out incorrect info.

Good luck hun xx

Thanks for that Bev Rose. I guess I just need to be a little more confedent. I will contact her tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back