Not sure where to go from here....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Well as some of you know Im having a baby soon (12 weeks) and I still haven't really got the situation at work sorted :cry:

My initial plan was to get another therapist in and sublet my room (inclusive of products) the problem with this idea was that I would be stipulating that they have to charge my prices, use my products, etc etc also would have to do the Dermalogica training but really as the therapist would be self employed I haven't really got any right to insist on these things as I wouldn't be employing them.

So I then negotiated with salon owner that I would have 6 full weeks off work and not pay rent then come back part time (2 days per week) as you can work up to 10 days and still claim maternity allowance, I would do these 2 days over 5 weeks.

The main problem with this is I feel that even if I cram all my clients into 2 long days over 5 weeks I am still going to have to pay full rent (£90) and when the 5 weeks are up will I really want or be able to go back to working longer hours when I have a new baby !

To add to the problems financially the last few months have been a bit of a nightmare as I stopped all advertising since finding out about pregnancy so since the summer I have literally had just a few new clients every month and they have been for little treatments. There is no point me advertising now as in a few weeks my hours will be restricted and I won't have space for new clients when im doing 2 days per week but I seriously need to boost my income now.

I have put god knows how many special offers up in hair salon and go through a ton of price lists but never seem to get new business from the hair side of things :irked: !!

Has anyone got any suggestions ?

Sorry to hear of your predicament and even sorrier I cant provide any specific suggestions.

All that comes to mind is to say that you remain confident in yourself and that through some more effort hopefully a solution will come about.

Well you have a lot to look forward with the little one about to join us and we wish you both well :hug:

any possibilty you can start working from home or mobile chick? Just a thought but maybe not right for you.:hug:

Thanks guys :hug:

Mobile not an option as did that before and hated it also 99% of my clients prefer to come to salon and also Dermalogica wouldn't continue to supply me.

If I could work from home then this would be my preferred option but at the moment we are in a 1 bed house 15 miles from salon so unless I can move back to that town Im pretty stuffed really !

I would like to rent a room for say two days a week in another salon but most places want someone fulltime, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what am i going to do !!

Can you not employ a junior? someone str8 outta coll they would love to go to dermalogica and be trained up then you can relax at home -them on min wage + bonus' and then do your 2 days. Its not ideal but who knows when you go back you may be doubly busy. Work on an amazing promo to get this girl busy and she may just end up staying and doing a few days whilst your at home wit d baba!

Latest posts

Back