Not talking proper like....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a client that says us instead of me, and when she agrees with you she say ooo instead of yes LOL

Going back to typing I know a few people that type see instead of she, than for then, he's for his lol

'Over exaggerating' :grr::grr::grr: I always correct people when they say that.

am ya! it's a Black Country thing and it really winds me up!

Well Ive been hearing all sorts over the years
Im originally from London ( my mums side are from the East End )
I grew up in Surrey
now im in Suffolk!!
well, in suffolk they say ' she shew me that;
instead on she showed me that.
I also heard ' int' instead of aint!!

I dont mind those sayings at al!! we all speak differently from up and down the country wether you are a cockney or a county girl
if you drop the odd H here n there, so what???

but as the others say in the prevoius thread, works like hun.. at the end of the day... oohh shut uppp!!!!! ( when someone dosnt believe what you are saying! ) is another one!!

they are a tad annoying if in contant use!!

I love this thread - the bad use of the spoken word is terrible and I am horrified by how my young niece has no idea of the diffrence between their and there. We all have accents which is great, mine is West Yorkshire but educators please take note when training students will you teach them that they have an NVQ in beauty and that it has a T in it, every time I go on a training course there is alway's at least one that "as an nvq in buwi" I want to scream its B E A U T Y how the hell can you practice it when you can not even say it!!!!

Ok, I'll say sorry now for saying, or rather for writing 'hun', a lot:o, thing is I forget peoples names so hun is what trips of my fingers when I'm typing.
Funny thing is, I never say it:eek:
What annoys me.
I'm British, not Briddish :irked: worst bit is our Priminister says Briddish and I find myself yelling at the T.V.
Borrow me a tenna. It's lend me not borrow me and a tenna always makes me think of tenna ladies.:)
Just plain old bad grammer, is a bug bear of mine, but local dialect, no, that doesn't annoy me, I love it, it's what shows people come from the same community.
In Ramsgate (where I'm from) people say watcha, it means hello, in Grimsby (where Paul comes from) they say ay op.
My brother is, bro, Pauls brother is are (our) kid.
I go to the corner shop for my bits and bobs, in Scotland it's messages.:lol:

Ok, I'll say sorry now for saying, or rather for writing 'hun', a lot:o, thing is I forget peoples names so hun is what trips of my fingers when I'm typing.
Funny thing is, I never say it:eek:
What annoys me.
I'm British, not Briddish :irked: worst bit is our Priminister says Briddish and I find myself yelling at the T.V.
Borrow me a tenna. It's lend me not borrow me and a tenna always makes me think of tenna ladies.:)
Just plain old bad grammer, is a bug bear of mine, but local dialect, no, that doesn't annoy me, I love it, it's what shows people come from the same community.
In Ramsgate (where I'm from) people say watcha, it means hello, in Grimsby (where Paul comes from) they say ay op.
My brother is, bro, Pauls brother is are (our) kid.
I go to the corner shop for my bits and bobs, in Scotland it's messages.:lol:

It's the same in Northern Ireland lol

I like listening to different accents and all the funny little quirks but like you say, bad grammar, there really is no need for it.

What annoys me is the dropping of t's. My daughters have been nagged enough now & self correct themselves but it's very noticable with some of their friends. I have to stop myself from telling them the word has a t in it, lol

I love that local dialect can make the English language so varied - although it must confuse our tourists no end! :lol:

My latest pet hate is when people say, "Sorry, my bad". :eek: What IS this?! :confused: It sounds vile - like nails down a black board to me, I'm afraid...

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

We have two young boys one of whom is called Todd, if either ask for water without pronouncing the 't' we remind Todd that he'd become Odd if EVERYONE dropped the 't' - we think it's funny and it seems to work - he doesn't like the name Odd!!!

I started to read the book, Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynn Truss who is a real grammer geek, it was very funny but I became even more obsessed by the misplaced apostrophe so seriously had to give it up!!!

Vicki
xxxxx

We have two young boys one of whom is called Todd, if either ask for water without pronouncing the 't' we remind Todd that he'd become Odd if EVERYONE dropped the 't' - we think it's funny and it seems to work - he doesn't like the name Odd!!!

I started to read the book, Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynn Truss who is a real grammer geek, it was very funny but I became even more obsessed by the misplaced apostrophe so seriously had to give it up!!!

Vicki
xxxxx

Heheheh, love it :lol:

Another bugbear (gosh it seems I have lots!!) is the general lack of manners amongst children.

I do quite a lot of children's pamper parties and yesterday in particular, it was very apparent with the lack of please and thank you, even after I'd ask them for 'the magic word'. 10 mins later they were back to being ignorant again.....

Latest posts

Back