Not talking proper like....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Ok, so we've had the threads about text talk & mis-spellings on here but what really gets your goat in the spoken language?

Personally, I hate double negatives or when people say wiv instead of with; or free instead of three. Oh and one that REALLY bugs me is when someone says for eg "look what I done" when it should be "look what I've done" or "look what I did"

I'm going to stop now as I could go on & on, lol

I try not to write the way I speak 'cause if I did yis wouldn't have a clue what I was on about... d'ya know what I mean? :lol:

I do know what you mean, lol as a few of you write totally different on here than you do on facebook (thank goodness :))

I can't be asked grrrrrr

I would OF instead of have!! :irked:

She learn't me instead of she taught me

grrrrr

The use of double negatives annoys me, as does the insidious habit of inserting profanities between every word. Equally irritating is when people start everything they say with something like "at the end of the day", grrr!

The overuse of the word 'yeah' or 'like' superbly demonstrated on the only way is essex with lots of Huns and babes in the middle.

I don't need no education lol

The use of double negatives annoys me, as does the insidious habit of inserting profanities between every word. Equally irritating is when people start everything they say with something like "at the end of the day", grrr!

I was at a party and one of my staffs sister was there... She kept on saying,"at the end of the day...." her sister always finished it up with,"it gets dark!" absolutely creased up!! I still giggle about it now!

When people say "I've just thought of somethink", or "it goes somethink like"... argh its SOMETHING not SOMETHINK

Sent from my HTC Desire

I will not accept being called "hun". Cringeworthy.
"like" annoys me too, as does the verbal affectation "innit"

I remind our juniors that they come from Bromley, hardly the Bronx!

D'ya know what I mean ??? and Not being funny but.....

Hate both of them.

I can't pronounce 'TH' so I say free instead of three :eek:

Brought instead of bought.

And like!

And likkle!

And swearing three times in every sentence!

And... I'd better stop now.

Basically this and basically that...... and i should also stop because im as guilty as anyone.Half the time i can barely string a decent sentence together at all.

eh?
You what?

Using weren't instead of wasn't or was not, e.g. I weren't there.

I was at a party and one of my staffs sister was there... She kept on saying,"at the end of the day...." her sister always finished it up with,"it gets dark!" absolutely creased up!! I still giggle about it now!

I shall have to remember that one!!

Don't poke the dragon..... I would likely offend someone.

There are one in a million ways that you can annoy me with the spoken word. Shall we leave it at that? LOL

But I have to say... I just LOVE watching shows/movies with characters from the UK when they yell "OY!" I've started saying it now LOL:lol:
I'm not sure what "OY!" means, I just like how surprised they sound when they say it, like they've been pinched in the arse hahahahahahahaha:eek:

This made me :lol: - I'm often the one that jumps in with the 'it gets dark'! :wink2: Love this thread. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back