Nouvatan 20%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has had the chance to try the Nouvatan 20% which can be used as a rapid tan?
If so could you please tell me what its like? What sort of colour you get if you only leave it on for 3 hours?

Thanks xx

Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has had the chance to try the Nouvatan 20% which can be used as a rapid tan?
If so could you please tell me what its like? What sort of colour you get if you only leave it on for 3 hours?

Thanks xx

20% OMG!!!!! :eek:

People wear this??? I would be worried they would look bright orange. I generally use 6-10% and stamp my feet at my wonderful Gay clients who use my 12% and want to look like is it the only way is essex or something LOL!

I wouldn't put a 20% on a client unless they wanted to be mahogany even if they washed it off after a few hours as it still develops doesn't it? Use a proper Fast tan or you may end up with angry clients. x

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
I used a 16% on many girls now... I live in Essex its my most popular shade lol! I spoke to Dawn at Nouvatan who said it can be used as a rapid tan xx

I wouldn't put a 20% on a client unless they wanted to be mahogany even if they washed it off after a few hours as it still develops doesn't it? Use a proper Fast tan or you may end up with angry clients. x

I think you'll find that some companies rapid tans are just higher percentage solutions that you leave on for less time!
I have Nouvatan 8-16% and the 8% is my least used. 10 and 12 are the most popular but I use them all and I will be trying the new 20%!

I think you'll find that some companies rapid tans are just higher percentage solutions that you leave on for less time!
I have Nouvatan 8-16% and the 8% is my least used. 10 and 12 are the most popular but I use them all and I will be trying the new 20%!
your quiet right angellina there is no magic ingredient in "Rapid Tans" they are high DHA solutions with added erythrolose as a secondary tanning agent. We decided to just be honest and instead of saying it's a specially formulated rapid tan. We have just told the truth. It's a high DHA solution that can be used as a rapid tan. If you use it on an olive skinned client you will get the equivalent of a 12% tan after around 4 hours so you could have a tan at 3pm and be out on the town for 8pm
If however your client wants to brave it out and go for the full 8 hours then be prepared it made me look Asian for the first 3 days.
We have tested it for 2 months every day on different skin types and have washed it off at different times and have not had anybody turn orange or fade off badly

Hi Everyone!

Thanks xx
HEY ALL

I trialed the 20% on a friend on a 4hr developement time shes olive skin toned she was as dark as she would be with her normal 12% ,We also done the full developement time and yes her teeth were glowing white lol she was really dark but she has great pigment in her skin it also wore off fine with no problems she moisturises daily which helps keep the tan looking great xx
She loved the full time developement and said she would definatly have it again :D my 20% is on its way x
ive posted a few pictures on the nouvatan facebook page heres the link if use want a look
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nouvatan-Spray-Tanning/206188080942

Last edited:
20% OMG!!!!! :eek:

People wear this??? I would be worried they would look bright orange. I generally use 6-10% and stamp my feet at my wonderful Gay clients who use my 12% and want to look like is it the only way is essex or something LOL!

check out the nouvatan fb page hun ul see from my pics she wasnt orange or mahogany x

Think I will give it a miss. Not my clients cup of tea. I used a rapid tan once and I was told it was a stickier DHA that reacted quicker. I wouldn't want to risk my reputation by doing a dodgy tan :(

Only takes the one client who is pale to forget to wash it off or not get to a shower in time.

you wont find any orange/yellow undertones with nouvantans range, I stock it all (8% also being the least used) but 12, 14, 16% all very popular.
I have every faith in the 20% on its way!! Its going to be great to be able to offer the complete range from Nouvatan inc 20% for the ultimate tanner and the rapid tan, rather
For the very fair skinned I suggest leaving the rapid on an 1.5 hours only, 3 hours will be the equivalent to a 12% but it really depends on the natural skin tone to begin with, 3 hours on an olive skinned client may look more like a 14/16% but however it turns out its lovely to have the confidence to say it will simply be a stunning colour if used correctly.
Dont let some clients ignore the advice and keep it on all night! Have every confidence in the instructions given - given for a reason.
The true depth of colour will not arrive until 24/48 hours have passed and usually after the 2nd shower, the rapid part is being able to wash off the colour guide soooo quickly, its so easy to use!

you wont find any orange/yellow undertones with nouvantans range, I stock it all (8% also being the least used) but 12, 14, 16% all very popular.
I have every faith in the 20% on its way!! Its going to be great to be able to offer the complete range from Nouvatan inc 20% for the ultimate tanner and the rapid tan, rather
For the very fair skinned I suggest leaving the rapid on an 1.5 hours only, 3 hours will be the equivalent to a 12% but it really depends on the natural skin tone to begin with, 3 hours on an olive skinned client may look more like a 14/16% but however it turns out its lovely to have the confidence to say it will simply be a stunning colour if used correctly.
Dont let some clients ignore the advice and keep it on all night! Have every confidence in the instructions given - given for a reason.
The true depth of colour will not arrive until 24/48 hours have passed and usually after the 2nd shower, the rapid part is being able to wash off the colour guide soooo quickly, its so easy to use!

You can tell clients things until your blue in the face. Sometimes they simply do not listen. But it only takes that one client to get stuck in a traffic jam, or have to make an emergency diversion to pick kids up or get sidetracked on a phone call and end up black as the ace of spades. Personally I think clients know what to expect with normal tanning and these rapid tans are a one of those fads. I used Sienna X's and it was awful.

Plus isn't DHA unstable after 12%?

Where are you getting your information from?!
I advise clients what percentage I think they should have but they quite often go darker the next time if they wanted a dark one in the first place.
Clients want to go all different shades which is why we have a good range of percentages!

Where are you getting your information from?!
I advise clients what percentage I think they should have but they quite often go darker the next time if they wanted a dark one in the first place.
Clients want to go all different shades which is why we have a good range of percentages!

I was told this by two sales reps.

I saw the pic and if i did that on one of my older clients they wouldn't leave my salon for a week.

My clients are generally using the lightest shades from 5% to 10%. Its these clients I have had to spend a long time to convince that they won't look fake like that picture as the biggest fear people put to me is 'I don't want to look black or orange', I live in an area too where girls are sunbed addicts. I suppose my clientelle are different from everyone elses. I get quite a lot of word of mouth business as people who see my tans are shocked at how real they look.

I just can't believe that tan goes up so high. What next 30% LOL! May as well get the creosote out the garage just incase.....:eek:

I guess it depends which tan you use. Nouvatan is a lovely natural colour which is why my clients love it. Over 90% of my clients have been from word of mouth and I have over 500 tan clients on my books.
Most of my clients go for 10% and 12% but I have a fair few that use the 14% and 16% as well.
A 10% in one solution can be a darker than a 10% from another company.
I've never used less than an 8% and my clients are all ages.

I was told this by two sales reps.

I saw the pic and if i did that on one of my older clients they wouldn't leave my salon for a week.

My clients are generally using the lightest shades from 5% to 10%. Its these clients I have had to spend a long time to convince that they won't look fake like that picture as the biggest fear people put to me is 'I don't want to look black or orange', I live in an area too where girls are sunbed addicts. I suppose my clientelle are different from everyone elses. I get quite a lot of word of mouth business as people who see my tans are shocked at how real they look.

I just can't believe that tan goes up so high. What next 30% LOL! May as well get the creosote out the garage just incase.....:eek:
Some people want to be dark,we are not saying the 20% will be for everyone either it all depends on there needs and skin tone etc which i always discuss with my clients i for one care for my reputation and would never put it at risk,i trialed this and was interested to see the results and they where good results if my client wanted the 12% look in half the time i can now use the 20%. she did prefer the 8hr developement and said she would defo have it next time it wasnt orange and didnt wear off patchy at all she moisturises regular which is always recomended x

We were asked to produce a Rapid tan by our customers. It's no coincidence that no rapid tans have the strength of the DHA contained in the solution on the bottles. If you actually read the ingredients on the bottles of Rapid tans you will find no difference in any active tanning agents, there occasionally a few different bronzing agents or added vitamins etc. But the basis of rapid tans is high DHA and erythrolose.
We have always used high grade organic DHA and active organic Ingredients to blend our solutions. It gives a really natural result and it has lead to the almost cult following amongst salon professionals. we now have a fantastic reputation as tanning solution suppliers we were shortlisted for awards alongside the big names this year, Fake bake, St Tropez Sienna and our selves
We did nt win as they have much more customers than us voting ! But we are getting the recognition we deserve now.
I cannot comment on the Strength of DHA in other Rapid tans but our Rapid tan is 20% as I suspect is the case with some other companies products.
We have always been totally honest, hence we felt we should tell the truth on the solution strength of our rapid tan. And not dress it up as a Magic formula because truth is it's just a high DHA organic tan that does what it says on the tin its a NO UVA TAN :wink2:

well i can't wait to get started with this :biggrin: 20% WOW!! 80% of my clients love to be dark, and love the fake look!! x

well i can't wait to get started with this :biggrin: 20% WOW!! 80% of my clients love to be dark, and love the fake look!! x

LOL That says it all! I didn't think clients wanted to look 'Fake' anymore or maybe Manchester are coming away from dayglow either that or I am so good a Hypnotherapist that I can Control peoples minds to look natural :biggrin: LOL!

They must see my face drop when they tell me they want to look fake and that the products I currently use would never go that dark, but less is more! I just can't maintain my prices with the range I use at the minute so I have been looking for a tan that is similar for less money. After reading this I think I will leave this to those of you with the right clients, it just will not suit mine. I just never heard of anything above a 16% before so was shocked to see this thread!

LOL That says it all! I didn't think clients wanted to look 'Fake' anymore or maybe Manchester are coming away from dayglow either that or I am so good a Hypnotherapist that I can Control peoples minds to look natural :biggrin: LOL!

They must see my face drop when they tell me they want to look fake and that the products I currently use would never go that dark, but less is more! I just can't maintain my prices with the range I use at the minute so I have been looking for a tan that is similar for less money. After reading this I think I will leave this to those of you with the right clients, it just will not suit mine. I just never heard of anything above a 16% before so was shocked to see this thread!
well its your choice entirely if u would or wouldnt use it the whole point of this thread was asking for info on people who have tried it not to get into personal debates with others all my clients are guided to suit there needs i would never use a product on my clients that didnt suit.
my reputation is important and ive never had an unhappy client the 20% simply offers different options wether it be for suited clients to be darker or used as a rapid tan

Latest posts

Back