Nouvatan has faded patchy-what have I done wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avoir Beauty

Reaction score
Hello.. I recently trained with Nouvatan after much deliberation between them and Sienna X.. I chose Nouvatan because of it's rave reviews about the natural golden colour (very true) and the even fade off!! I'm using the 'Click n Tan' machine and have done a fair few practice tans.. But my husband, daughter and mum have all faded patchy.. I know it can't be the product so what could I be doing wrong???? Thanks in advance 😊 I have attached a piccie of the inside of my mums arm.. Sprayed on Friday last week and today is Wednesday.. It certainly lasts!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404909752.108886.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404909716.000123.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404909716.000123.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 113
That is what happens to me when I don't look after my tan properly.
It will happen when I don't moisturise, I get hot/sweaty and wear tight clothes, and it happens worst when I am really really lazy and do not take my tan off before putting a new layer on.
OR you are using too much product maybe? Either way unless you are NOT tanning that area which is unlikely, it is mostly down to the maintenance of the tan.

Thank you for your reply hun.. I have put a call in to Nouvatan and I'm waiting for them to come back to me.. I just thought a fellow geek might have had the same problem.. I know they have moisturised daily etc to look after the tan. I think I may have used too much product! When I get used to the gun it might rectify the problem 😊

that's what happens to me if I don't moisturise properly, I recommend moisturising twice a day to my clients... I have to say in the 2 years of my doing tans with nouvatan I have never had a single complaint only compliments x

I'm not qualified in tanning but have had a few recently as looking to train in that next. This always happens to me though when I have had my tans. I wondered if it was because it's quite hot and the creases in my arms can get moist (sorry couldn't think of a nicer way to put it) although it could well be that I don't moisturise properly. I do moisturise every evening after I have had one though. (The lady that uses me uses sienna x) x

Hello.. I recently trained with Nouvatan after much deliberation between them and Sienna X.. I chose Nouvatan because of it's rave reviews about the natural golden colour (very true) and the even fade off!! I'm using the 'Click n Tan' machine and have done a fair few practice tans.. But my husband, daughter and mum have all faded patchy.. I know it can't be the product so what could I be doing wrong???? Thanks in advance �� I have attached a piccie of the inside of my mums arm.. Sprayed on Friday last week and today is Wednesday.. It certainly lasts!!

View attachment 69989

given the actual tan colourisation has,in the main ,developed as it should and that the problems experienced are one of fade off issues it would seem that the problem here is related to poor pre tan prep and post tan maintenance

It is essential to prepare the skin prior to the application...removing all dead skin and additives such as perfume etc.
Likewise it is important to maintain post tan maintenance regimes ...in particular moisturising

I think this is the area you need to focus on and in so doing your tans will be as they should be...loverly and brown with a good longevity and fade off

HTH and good luck with your new business venture

I agree with all the above but also if they are pale and have quite a dark tan it will show more as it fades. I always notice the inside of my arms patches a bit but I have very dry skin and rarely get the time to moisturise. All my clients love Nouvatan and I always get recommended.

Thank you all for your advice.. Nouvatan is such a lovely colour so if I can avoid this happening it will be the perfect spray tan in my opinion! As with most new skills I guess it's trial and error 😊 practice makes perfect!

Latest posts

Back