Nouvatan problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlotte.b

Reaction score
I have been trialling new solutions and have loved the colour and fade off of Nouvatan but I have found that I spray, leave overnight and shower off in the morning, but throughout the day I find my skin smells like fake tan. I always have a "proper shower" not just the quick nip through I know clients do when they don't want to lose the guide colour...! Has anyone else had this or just my skin? I haven't used on any clients and never had it happen before. Does anyone know if it contains Aloe Vera?

Glad someone else thinks this! thought it was only me! usually find im okay after 2 days? x

Yep same after 2nd showering fine though.x

Same here although I usually smell fake tan on my skin with anything I've tried. After the second shower it's ok x

Yep ok after 2nd shower! I suppose I will just have to live with it as I do like the colour, cost, etc. Such a shame as the only fault I've found, glad it's not just me imagining things lol :)

I've too tried nouvatan but tbh I didn't like the smell either, I've decided to use another product that's much better. Nouvatan I also found isn't very well known so clients wasn't very interested. Def going with a higher quality product. It's cheaper but I feel you can tell as the quality isn't as good.

I've too tried nouvatan but tbh I didn't like the smell either, I've decided to use another product that's much better. Nouvatan I also found isn't very well known so clients wasn't very interested. Def going with a higher quality product. It's cheaper but I feel you can tell as the quality isn't as good.

Completely disagree with this, yes it's not the most expensive solution on the market but its certainly not the cheapest. I think the quality is excellent, good guide colour, lasts long time, looks natural, good fade off and great customer service from Nouvatan themselves. I have tried, and still try other solutions, as I want to make sure I am using what I think to be the best solution for my customers and I haven't yet found one to beat Nouvatan. All others seem to be worse or the same as Nouvatan, not better. Just my opinion of course - everyone has different experiences, I just don't agree with saying you can tell Nouvatan is a cheap solution as the quality isn't very good.

Completely disagree with this, yes it's not the most expensive solution on the market but its certainly not the cheapest. I think the quality is excellent, good guide colour, lasts long time, looks natural, good fade off and great customer service from Nouvatan themselves. I have tried, and still try other solutions, as I want to make sure I am using what I think to be the best solution for my customers and I haven't yet found one to beat Nouvatan. All others seem to be worse or the same as Nouvatan, not better. Just my opinion of course - everyone has different experiences, I just don't agree with saying you can tell Nouvatan is a cheap solution as the quality isn't very good.

Well said you literally took the words out of my mouth, I love nouvatan! Fantastic product IMHO.x

Totally agree!!
Nouvatan is the nuts!! :)

I love Nouvatan too, its beautiful quality product and would not say it is cheap. My clients love it x

Another vote for Nouvatan, great customer service & although maybe not quite as well known as fake bake / sienna x once my customers have tried it they have loved it & certainly becoming more well known , I don't find the smell offensive either to be honest although I do quite like the smell of fake tan I'm a bit weird like that haha !

Nouvatan is the best! I've tried a few others on myself and a friend but had problems with orange knuckles or the others being very patchy when fading but I don't have any of that with Nouvatan, very natural brown and fades gradually and even too :) It is fairly expensive but you get what you pay for!!

Such a shame, tomorrow I was going to order Nouvatan & change from Suntanna, although I dont think Nouvatan is cheap, 2 bottles being over £xx to be delivered ! I have been doing Tans for 10 years now & no one I know now really cares about the name of a Tan, they want a good colour & not to smell of fake tan! Not forgetting a good price! Nouvatan sounded like it was really going to be a good product to use, but with it being more expensive & smelling so strong, I know it wont suit the market of clients that I have, they are extremely fussy with their tans, such a shame :( Perhaps if they can do something with the smell I would pay that bit more...

Last edited by a moderator:
I use both suntana and nouvatan on my self and customers. I would trial it for yourself and then judge. I can't say I have noticed smelling any more than suntana after being sprayed or after wash off to be honest. Maybe I am just immune to the smell of fake tan now :)

I use Nouvatan and love it. I have been sampling other tans to make sure I'm using the best for my clients and I've tried LA Tampn, Suntana, Sienna and Xentan and I definitely wouldn't change. I don't think clients are that aware of brands and most of mine have only heard of St Tropez and Fake Bake. A lot of people I've tanned have been so amazed by how natural Nouvatan is and have recommended me to others. All my clients come through recommendation now and that speaks volumes I reckon. I also think talking to the clients and really finding out what they are looking for and using the best percentage for them is key. I really believe in the product and I think that belief shows through to the client.

i dont find this at all, in fact i switched to nouvatan 2 weeks ago (used to use celebrity secrets and fake bake) im finding the wear off brilliant, the colour fab,and customer service and delivery is good,but above all my clients are loving it i ve used 12 liters (only 10% and 12%) so far and so far everything is great,i can only speak as i find and so far this tan is fab x

Latest posts

Back