Nouvatan question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
Hi Nouvatan geeks.. I am considering having a change from my usual tanning solution. I am not doing many tans at the moment and I think its because I don't particularly push the tanning side of my business any more as I seem to have lost interest in it really.

So I was thinking of having a new solution and new promotional materials to give myself a boost to promote it again as I know how profitable it can be.

I have read lots of exciting things about Nouvatan and lots of you geeks are loving the results you are getting from this solution.

I was just wondering, which DHA solutions you use the most as I really don't want to go down the route of having a large selection of choices again as its just not cost effective with the amount of tans I am doing. I am thinking about the 10% and 14%. Can anyone who uses it tell me how different these two %'s are and would it be better to go for the 16% for the clients who currently choose my 12% as thats the darkest I offer currently, some of these clients would definately go darker if the solution was on offer.

Any advice would be appreciated... many thanks in anticipation.

Hi Jen, hope you are well. I use Nouvatan in my salon, and I would defo say that the 8, 10 and 12% are the most popular. We very occasionally have people who jump in and say they want the 14% but its usually clients who have never used the tan before, and they are happy with the 12%. I even had one person say they were too dark with the 12% when she was trying to convince me to use the 14%!!!

So my advice is take on the 8,10 and 12%. The 14 and 16% quite frankly scare me...and I've never had a client yet who thinks a 12% isn't dark enough. However, I found out today Nouvatan do booster drops. So you could always order these for those who want a bit darker than the 12%.

I can honestly say I have never had anything negative to say about the company or the tans. I actually was a model for them today at a training session and I'm sitting here loving my tan! You'll be really pleased with it.

Give Dawn a call...her number is on the website... www.nouvatan.co.uk She is lovely. :D

PS Just saw you are worried about cost effectiveness...don't think we're allowed to discuss numbers on here but its so reasonable compared to some of the other brands. If you were really stuck for money you could just go for 8 and 12% and buy the boosters...but honestly you'll be worth buying the 10% too. (You'd think I was employed by them but I'm just really pleased with the product and the service)

Good luck and hopefully we will be welcoming you into Nouva-land soon :D xxx

Hi Jen,

We use the 8% 10% and 12% and they are all great, the 10% can be used on most clients, but the 8% is great for anyone who doesnt want to be too dark and the 12% is as dark as our clients want to be. The booster drops would be fab to add in if anyone wanted darker. Our clients really love it.

Nouvatan are a great company to deal with, delivery is fast and the costs are very reaonable. Hth

I am soon to be using nouvatan aswell really exicted as heard nothing but great things! :green: x

I use Nouvatan and i have 8,10,12,14 and 16 plus the booster drops.
I would say 8 and 10 were the most popular. The 16% has only just come out but is already proving to be very popular.
I would definitely get an 8% for pale skins and then either a 10 and booster drops or a 12 and booster drops.
I've used Nouvatan since it launched and i've never had one complaint and i do a lot of tans :)

Thanks guys for your responses... I can feel an order coming on :)

I think I am going to go for the 8 and 12 to start with. I do have some booster drops from the tanning solution I use now.. would these be ok to use with Nouvatan or would you recommend buying Nouvatan's booster drops?

Thanks again for your help xxxx :hug:

Dawn will be able to give you sound advice on your booster drops. Not sure about compatibility. :) xxx

Hi, Im planning to use Nouvatan, basically because of all the good reviews on here and also because I spoke to Dawn a little while back regarding training and she was so helpful. Ive never done spray tanning so have no knowledge of all the different tans, but I had my first ever spray tan tonight, it is the Sun Laboratories one and I have to say I feel great, I love the colour. Has anyone who uses Nouvatan ever used Sun Lab? how does it compare??

Lauren

Hi, Im planning to use Nouvatan, basically because of all the good reviews on here and also because I spoke to Dawn a little while back regarding training and she was so helpful. Ive never done spray tanning so have no knowledge of all the different tans, but I had my first ever spray tan tonight, it is the Sun Laboratories one and I have to say I feel great, I love the colour. Has anyone who uses Nouvatan ever used Sun Lab? how does it compare??

Lauren

I have used sunlab before and i did not like the results one bit, if you have a scan through the forum you will see about orange undertones in sun lab products, Anyway have purchased a couple of samples from dawn ( who was so nice on the phone ) and now that have compared i feel Nouvantan would win every time hands down ! ! ! ! :green:x

I have used sunlab before and i did not like the results one bit, if you have a scan through the forum you will see about orange undertones in sun lab products, Anyway have purchased a couple of samples from dawn ( who was so nice on the phone ) and now that have compared i feel Nouvantan would win every time hands down ! ! ! ! :green:x
we have unfotunately had to introduce a very small charge for samples due to pp and solution costs , but we do provide enough in our sample pack for 4 tans poss 5 and the cost of the sample is deducted from your first order
every single person who has paid the small fee for the sample has ordered from us however when were giving samples away, it was left on shelves and not used by some people and even mistaken for other solutions !!
some folk just contact every company they can and ask for sample packs and then dont use them:eek::eek: or never answer the phone afterwards
One post code had 6 free samples sent to it in 3 months different house numbers and names but all within 150m :irked:
there are some companys that do not even offer samples !!
we have proved too ourselves that by asking for a small fee for a sample pack that potential new customers if they are serious about changing or trying something new will use the sample if they have paid the price of a bacon sandwich and a cup of coffee for 4 tans worth :lol::lol:
rather than let it gather dust with all the other samples they sent off for !!
and as i have said it is a free sample really because we deduct the cost from the first order
it was with a heavy heart that we made the decision to start making a small charge for samples and we do feel a little guilty about it but last month, on one day i sent out 37 sample packs ! we put our life savings into developing the solution and starting the company and yes we are doing very well, but the small charge simply covers the costs, the sample pack has nearly quarter of a litre in it ! Our solution is made from very expensive raw materials and we do everything we can to keep customer costs per litre low, we are still out of pocket with the current small charge for samples when including postage and packing

Last edited:
oh and thankyou for the great reviews i got a lump in my throat reading this thread :cry::cry: we work so hard at this and its lovely to know that you all like what we do xx x x

I dont think there is anything wrong with making a small charge for samples, I have paid for samples of other solutions and can understand the reasons behind the charges.

I have just made an order of my usual solution as I was completely out of a couple of colours :eek: I like to test new ones on myself, friends, family etc before making the 'switch' and I just didnt have enough time to do that properly this time. I have heard good things about Nouvatan and I will definately be ordering some samples to try ready for when my next order is due! :green:

Anyone who has used both Nouvatan and Sienna X, can you tell me if the % are similar? I currently stock 8/10/12/16 but don't use much 8 or 16...

I don't know if I should just try 8/10/14 from Nouvatan? If its lighter/darker etc? any help greatly received! :hug:

Hi Sherrie, as with all high% DHA solutions you run the risk of it not lasting the time the skin. We have them available for the dancers, clubbers. or clients who want to be the darkest they can even though it may not last the 5-7 days that the lower ones will. Most companies will sell the booster drops to enhance the depth of a tan HTH :hug:

Last edited:
Thanks for that Steve, but what I need to know is how the % compare to each other from one brand to the other, i.e is the 8% Nouvatan similar to 8% Sienna or is it lighter/darker etc etc...

Also heard that Nouvatan is same as Celebrity Secrets? Is this true? I hated the way CS looked on me! :eek: :Scared:

Hi again Sherrie, a lot of tans out there are very similar but are not the same. I dont know what one you tried with Celebrity but they do have two types.
Give us a call if you want to discuss different shades etc. Good luck

the good thing aswell as the samples are not even expensive though so well worth it!!x

in answer to the how dark is our solution question, i uploaded some pictures onto my geek profile page from the training manual to help with an earlier post about spraying arms and hands, some time ago
They are pics of our 10% solution after it had developed for 6 hours and then showered off,they were taken by a professional photographer around 30 hours after application using a light meter to show the correct colour shades
there are some more pics on the Nouvatan facebook page of the finished showered off results hth

we have unfotunately had to introduce a very small charge for samples due to pp and solution costs , but we do provide enough in our sample pack for 4 tans poss 5 and the cost of the sample is deducted from your first order
every single person who has paid the small fee for the sample has ordered from us however when were giving samples away, it was left on shelves and not used by some people and even mistaken for other solutions !!
some folk just contact every company they can and ask for sample packs and then dont use them:eek::eek: or never answer the phone afterwards
One post code had 6 free samples sent to it in 3 months different house numbers and names but all within 150m :irked:
there are some companys that do not even offer samples !!
we have proved too ourselves that by asking for a small fee for a sample pack that potential new customers if they are serious about changing or trying something new will use the sample if they have paid the price of a bacon sandwich and a cup of coffee for 4 tans worth :lol::lol:
rather than let it gather dust with all the other samples they sent off for !!
and as i have said it is a free sample really because we deduct the cost from the first order
it was with a heavy heart that we made the decision to start making a small charge for samples and we do feel a little guilty about it but last month, on one day i sent out 37 sample packs ! we put our life savings into developing the solution and starting the company and yes we are doing very well, but the small charge simply covers the costs, the sample pack has nearly quarter of a litre in it ! Our solution is made from very expensive raw materials and we do everything we can to keep customer costs per litre low, we are still out of pocket with the current small charge for samples when including postage and packing

I completely get that you charge for samples and think that by doing so you eliminate the time wasters of which I am sure there are hundreds. If people are serious about spray tanning as a business they should be happy to invest their time AND a little money to get the products that are right for them. Keep doing what is right for you and for Nouvatan....then it can only get better for us as your customers. :D

Hi I know this is an old thread but was just wondering if the popularity of the % have changed at all? I'm 100% going to change over to Nouvatan having only heard good things but am unsure on the solutions. People like being quite dark where I live! :)

Hello!

I use Nouvatan and I use the 8, 10 and 12 with the 10 being the more popular for me.

I am thinking of getting some booster drops in too :)

Latest posts

Back