Nouvatan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy Carter

Reaction score
Recently completed my training with Nouvatan and loved it such a great colour!!! Sprays on so so well... Only used !0% on both clients but quite a natural look

What are the main percentages people use? I know this varies upon clients ut am going to be ordering some extra tan in x

At Glo, we tend to teach our courses with 8%. We find our clients prefer 8% and we double coat if they want darker.

Last edited:
I use nouvatan and find it doesn't smell at all? I find 8% is my most popular, followed by 10%. My clients are looking for a natural 'holiday' tan and these two percentages give that. I buy in 8% and 12% and mix my own 10%! Hth xx

I use mainly 8% and 10% and stock smaller amounts of the rest so the choice is there! I love Nouvatan and so do my clients they all comment on the smell too and how much they love it, it's amazing

My most popular is 12%. Hardly ever use 8%. I buy 8, 12 and 20 and then mix 10 & 14 so I have all shades :)

SevernRose

How do you mix to get a 14? Is it an equal measure of 12 and 20?

Thankyou :)

Either 10 and 18 or 12 and 16 to get a 14! X

It's only been a fortnight since I trained and I love it!!! The mango smell is amazing and the colours are so even and natural. I've used the 12%, 16% and even the 20%! That was on my sis who'd been to Greece a couple of weeks previous and she looked glowing, really lovely. I expect to use lower percentages come winter xxx

My most popular % is 10. I think this varies depending on where you are in the country.

HTH

u mean like essex 20% scotland 8%?? lol

At Glo, we tend to teach our courses with 8% but our DHA is more concentrated than that of Nouvatan. Our product doesn't smell as much due to this.

8% DHA is 8% DHA, 10% DHA is 10% DHA - that is the concentration in the formula.

Totally agree - edited my post to make it clearer.

I am also a Nouvatan girl and my most popular is 10% so I buy 8 and 12 and mix.

My most popular shades are 12% & 14% I have used the 20% quite a few times too!!! Loving Nouvatan :) xx

I use 12% the most, I bought 16% 3 weeks ago but have only used it once! Gorgeous colour, I used it on a client who had a tan already.. I see pics the next day & it was amazing.

I've recently used 14% on my mum who is brown anyway & it also looked lush. x

How does everyone determine which colour to use?

How I determine which colour to use is - obviously I'd also ask how they tan in the sun & what kind of colour they are looking for..

pale skin I'd only use an 8%, 10% at the most.

Normal skin (bit of colour already there) usually a 12%

Darker skin 14 or a 16%

Xx

I use 12% the most, I bought 16% 3 weeks ago but have only used it once! Gorgeous colour, I used it on a client who had a tan already.. I see pics the next day & it was amazing.

How I determine which colour to use is - obviously I'd also ask how they tan in the sun & what kind of colour they are looking for..

Darker skin 14 or a 16%

Xx

I usually use the same guide as you.
Pale skins no darker than a 10 (unless they wish to)
Med skins up to a 12
More olive skins 14, 16, 20
I generally ask what kind of colour they want to go, then advise them myself! I always explain the wear off of a much darker tan on a pale skin 9 times of of 10 clients tend to go with my advice. ;-)

SevernRose

Add the two % together in equal measures then divide it by 2 and that will give you the %.:)

SevernRose

Don't know if some one already answered this as haven't read the posts below mine but I make 14 with equal measure of 20% and 8%

(20+8) / 2 = 14

So 12 & 20 would make 16

X

Darker skin 14 or a 16%

Xx

Lush lash, you back on Nouvatan now? Xx

Lush lash, you back on Nouvatan now? Xx

I never really left lol I was just testing other tans out but still using nouvatan on a few of my clients who didn't want anything else, I've now excluded the other brands & am now soley using nouvatan again, i had more clients who preferred nouvatan to the others I tested. but I do still like to test the waters with other new tans that come out :D Xx

Latest posts

Back