Nouveau Nail System

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helenails

Reaction score
Hi... I am in Australia and am looking at changing my acrylics to Nouveau...as the cost is one third of creative and i have been told that it is out of the same factory and it the same formula...would love to hear feedback from anyone who is using nouveau or has some advice for me....looking forward to reading your response...

Helen,
I would find it hard to believe that CND would be the same as the above product..
If it is a third of the price than i would expect it to be a third of the quality.
CND is the best IMO and I would stick to that.... is cost the only reason you want to change?..
I know alot of Aussie techs changed to IBD acrylic when they first came out becuase it was so much cheaper.... most changed back as it was no where near as good as CND...
Some clients ( including me) will only go to a tech who uses CND so bear that in mind before changing.

Oh no, not another one of these ... 'it's made in the same factory' stories. :rolleyes:

How many times have I heard this? As for it being the same formula (which is patent protected) .... :lol:

Many have claimed the same thing and used the Creative reputation to give themselves credibility ... yada yada yada ... same old story.

And this would be your first post on the nail geek site??????? Hmmmm!

Oh no, not another one of these ... 'it's made in the same factory' stories. :rolleyes:

How many times have I heard this? As for it being the same formula (which is patent protected) .... :lol:

Many have claimed the same thing and used the Creative reputation to give themselves credibility ... yada yada yada ... same old story.

And this would be your first post on the nail geek site??????? Hmmmm!

I'm sorry but your response comes across rude. You may have seen a million posts like this over the years, and yes you are right that other companys that create a cheaper lower quality product will claim to be "The same" or "better" than some of the more well known brands. But with that being said she asked the question obviously because this is what someone has told her, and she wanted opinions.

Is Nouveau the same as creative....no sorry it's not. The rule is "You get what you pay for" Inexpensive products use basic formulas' with minimal amounts of special or expensive ingredients like UV stabilizers, catalysts, flow modifiers and wetting agents which increase performance and workability. So if you are looking for something that is like creative than I recommend that you stay with creative. However if you are wanting to try different products to see how they compare, than by all means try Nouveau. Get samples from as many different companys and choose a Product line that works best with your technique.

Thanx for all your feedback. I havent visited this site for over a year. Used to visit and read...but never had the need to post before.

I have been advised by the Manufacturers of Nouveau in writing that the quality, adhesion and clarity is indeed equal to Creative. I am aware that Patents come into place for a lengthy time over products to allow the companies to recoup their investment in creating a new product and marketing it.

I have received samples and am currently using it and also sharing it with other nail techs to get their responses, it is early but I find it to be working really well. And I posted a msg to get as much feedback as possible to be as informed at possible.

Once again thanx for you help.

Helenails

Hi... I am in Australia and am looking at changing my acrylics to Nouveau...as the cost is one third of creative and i have been told that it is out of the same factory and it the same formula...would love to hear feedback from anyone who is using nouveau or has some advice for me....looking forward to reading your response...

I have been advised by the Manufacturers of Nouveau in writing that the quality, adhesion and clarity is indeed equal to Creative. I am aware that Patents come into place for a lengthy time over products to allow the companies to recoup their investment in creating a new product and marketing it.

Those two sentences are completely different!! TO be told by a company that their product is IN THEIR OPINION equal to another companies is just that - their opinion. To state that it's the same formula and out of the same factory is factually incorrect.

You're doing the best thing - trying it out. Use it over time and see how it compares in strength and look to CND and make your own opinion......

Hi Helen, Nouveau is not going to tell you that their product is not as good as Creative... of course they are going to tell you that it is the same quality etc..
They are after all a business... you need to decide for your business what the best product is...
I still don;t understand why you want to change from CND.. other than the cost as you mentioned...
before you change make sure you give nouveau a good try out.. by that i mean dont just do a full set and be done with it... do a few rebalances too just to make sure that you are not going to get service breakdown etc...
Good luck with what ever you choose..

Thanx for all your feedback. I havent visited this site for over a year. Used to visit and read...but never had the need to post before.

I have received samples and am currently using it and also sharing it with other nail techs to get their responses, it is early but I find it to be working really well. And I posted a msg to get as much feedback as possible to be as informed at possible.

Once again thanx for you help.

Helenails

All companys sing the praises of their product, it's marketing, and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately I have no experience of nouveau so can not offer any opinions on it. I am of the belief that you generally get what you pay for, but then people have different demands of their products too.

Try the samples out on some different people and see how it handles and stand up.

Hello,
I was thinking myself of trying out Nouveau gel, I did not hear anything about this product until very recently.
I did my nail course over a year, I did not do it for the purpose of working for a salon but for myself as I did not like the quality of service that was offered in my area. So over a year I've been doing nails just for my self, a bit difficult with the left hand but I'm used to it now.:lol:
I would love to hear people's comments on this brand, as I also think that products like IBD and Creative are a bit expensive, and I do understand that you pay for the quality but maybe you could advise for those who dont want to pay ridiculous amounts for their gel. And to be honest I even tried Lina, which I think probably the worst brand that you can find, but still I got on with it ok, no lifting, chipping and etc. (but I changed now to IBD, but find it ridiculously expensive, for me at least):idea:
I'm also an active sunbed goer and found that recently my nails started to go yellow after a sunbed, so does anybody know whether there is something that I can do about it (but keep getting sunbeds), whereas before I used to have airbrushed tips on and did not notice the yellowing but now when I'm doing a french they go yellow.:cry:

i use Nouveau Nail products and i am very happy with them. they are very good quality. the reason why it is cheaper than cnd is because nouveau nail products do not have a fancy packaging like cnd.but the product itself is really good.

and of course they all come out of the same factory. just like shampoos and toothpastes and other stuff.

i use Nouveau Nail products and i am very happy with them. they are very good quality. the reason why it is cheaper than cnd is because nouveau nail products do not have a fancy packaging like cnd.but the product itself is really good.

and of course they all come out of the same factory. just like shampoos and toothpastes and other stuff.

With respect, this post is a huge load of rubbish in several respects.

Glad you like the gel you are using ... terrific... very happy for you.

As for CND professional products having fancy packaging ... I think they probably have the least fancy packaging of anyone. The pro products are in very plain packaging unlike many I've seen that are packaged as if they should be on a dressing table, which to my mind is a silly waste of money.

As for the last sentence ... CND manufacture their own products ... they come out of CND's factory and no one elses. There are one or two others who also manufacture their own products BUT even the ones who don't and maybe buy from the same manufacturer do not necessarily buy the same thing ... so your assumption that everything is the same with just a different label is completely misinformed as is your information re CND.

Last edited:
Well, all i can say is....You get what you pay for....CND is an excellent brand, i cant sing their praises high enough, their products are packaged in a smart, no frills way as the product sells itself. There is no way that you can compare any product to CND as its far superior to any other product out there, if your finding CND products to expensive then obviously you are not charging enough for your services. :)

As others have said in this post CND all the way for me I have used other brands in the past and I converted to CND last year and havent looked back since.
The packaging is not fancy it does what it says on the tin and I am far more happier to be paying for quality rather than quantity and so are my customers, they know the difference between my nails and the cheaper nss down the road.
Once my clients have been to me they dont look back either.
You really need to decide if its quality that you want to offer to your clients.
Jen

i am very happy with nouveau systems. it is brilliant. i trained with it and started working with it as well. and all the clients i had, i still have them and none of them has left me. i have not had one client yet who did not come back for infills.

Latest posts

Back