NSI Balance gel overlay removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missty25

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some advice on how to remove a natural nail overlay of NSI balance gel. I helped out a friend by being a client to get assessed on her nail course and this is what was used.

I use Shellac but have no clue when it comes to gels, lol, of how to remove these gels. She has told me I can soak with acetone to remove is this correct? Do I need to buff the top coat before soaking?

Any help would be great as I need to take them off today.

Thanks

Nsi balance gel in a buff off hard gel so soaking in acetone will not remove it.
If you are not practiced in the removal of this type of gel I would not recommend you remove completely.
It will need to be buffed off using a file.
I would recommend you leave a thin layer of the gel on your nails and let it grow out. Because getting carried away with the buffing can easily thin the natural nail.

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Thanks, my friend had been told by the tutor teaching the nail technology course that it can be soaked off with acetone but I have to admit I did not think you could do this.

Just goes to show you how misinformed people can be!

It is a buff off gel.

Thinning it &, as long as there is no lifting, then putting Shellac over the top will work.

Hi chick, was gonna suggest your friend remove them for you as there's no way you should attempt it yourself if you have no experience of hard gels as you could very easily damage your natural nail. However, she's being given wrong info as NSI balance gel does not soak off. If you feel confident that she can carry out removal safely then maybe let her do it if not i would find a professional that can. HTH xx

Hi. I have just done a search and I'm baffled because I have just been tilde at college that NSI balance gel can be soaked off but I know it's a buff off. Hard to bite my tongue at the moment but I have to because no-one takes any notice anyway I guess I'll just carry on and get my qualification and do it my proper way when qualified. Any advice or have I answered my own question? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek

There is no way that you can or will be able to soak of a balance hard gels, I can't believe that a college is teaching their pupils that it is, so wrong.

It is but I need the qualification. I've got a dilemma and no word of a lie a student asked about when do you replace the uv bulbs and tutor said when the product stops curing, so not like every 3 or 6 months depending on how often you use the lamp just when it stops curing. They think it's to get you to spend more money tbh. I wanna say something but I'm already a perfectionist so I don't fit in really but that's my opinion. Frustrating. I know is not wrong to feel this way but no-one understaands. Think I'm too nice and don't like to upset ppl. Thanks Maz x

Ah, see I didn't know this !!

I had a client walk in asking for a soak off of gels. I asked her what products were used & she didn't know & had just moved house so couldn't go back to the person who'd put them on in the first place.
She mentioned the tech was of Asian dissent so (bad of me I know but you go with what you've seen locally & what you know) I thought it was another set of MMA American Acrylics !!

After 30 minutes in a warmed nail bath & no moving, I buffed the shiny top layer off & soaked for another half an hour.

After nearly 2 hours, I finished the soak off & file.
The nails were thin apart from thumbs but she was happy as she had to had to have them removed as her daughter has just had a baby at 24 weeks & the SCBU wouldn't allow enhancements !!

With nsi balance gels you gently buff off just leaving a thin layer, it's not a hard product to buff down and once there's a thin layer I use hi grit buffer till there shiny and then offer a polish, its nothing like doing nss enhancement removal which you could be there hours trying to remove. Soaking will not budge them, only thing it might do is melt any tips underneath.

Brilliant answers. U have clarified everything. I'll just see if anyone did try to soak them off when I go to college next week. Xxx

Can i ask a question please?...
How do you get a nice finish on the natural nail with buff off gels if you've had some lifting? So, you've got a chunk of gel missing where you've got rid of the lifted product, how do you then buff down to a nice finish without damaging the nail plate? I have had a bash at gels (Brisa) on two friends and myself, but have not had any success :( am a bit scared of them now as when i did them on myself loads lifted and i was left with little bits of gel stuck to my nails, which i couldn't soak off, and felt like i couldn't buff down without buffing my natural nails...
I'm just concentrating on mastering l&p for now but would love to know the answer to this for future reference.
x

Can i ask a question please?...
How do you get a nice finish on the natural nail with buff off gels if you've had some lifting? So, you've got a chunk of gel missing where you've got rid of the lifted product, how do you then buff down to a nice finish without damaging the nail plate? I have had a bash at gels (Brisa) on two friends and myself, but have not had any success :( am a bit scared of them now as when i did them on myself loads lifted and i was left with little bits of gel stuck to my nails, which i couldn't soak off, and felt like i couldn't buff down without buffing my natural nails...
I'm just concentrating on mastering l&p for now but would love to know the answer to this for future reference.
x

Not sure about this one. Maybe to take more time applying the gel making sure tough are doing it properly or looking at your steps on how u r doing them

I have just come accross this thread and have a question! With NSi balance gel, after buffing off, you are left with a thin layer.

Can you continue to prep nail, balance bond then re apply more gel. Will it be ok or will it lift? Thanks

If all lifting is removed it is fine to re-build the nail.
I never do removal and new set with gel. I always start building my nails with clear or pink gel; then add the glitter or French. That way if the client wants a change I only have to file away the top layers.
Hth

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back