NSI Balance gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise jane

Reaction score
Hi everyone, and a happy 2007 to you all!

Does anyone use the NSI Balance Gels and how do you get on with it. I use LCN at the moment and i am looking at a new system to use and add to my treatments. I have no problem with the LCN other than it is a little bit too expensive, and as you can understand it is always better to try other products to see how you get on with them. Also i have seen in the NSI catalogue they have a sample kit for £4.95.

Are they soak off or buff offs?

Easy to apply?

How long do they last between maintenance?

Thank you for any information and advice that anyone may have for me.:)

Hello Louise,

A happy 2007 to you, too!

NSI Balance gels are buff-off, they are easy to apply, they are strong and they don't lift if applied properly.

However, I wouldn't recommend the sculpture trial kit:
  • The color of the opaque pink gel is terrible. It's not pink, it's actually hot red. Not a natural color at all. A girlfriend I tried it on said "ouch, my nails are looking sick".
  • The white sculpting gel (White Constructor) is also terrible. Sure, it's strong and it's a beautiful white. But its viscosity is *very* thick. Although I tried a lot of white sculpting gels from various brands I never saw a gel that was so thick. Not only it's thick, but it also sticks to the brush, not to the nail. So although the end result is nice, the workability is terrible.
  • Last thing: I was never able to get a shining finish with the Finish gel.

That kit is really not a good idea to discover the NSI gels.

Other gels are better. I'd especially recommend the Sheer Pink one.

Hi everyone, and a happy 2007 to you all!

Does anyone use the NSI Balance Gels and how do you get on with it. I use LCN at the moment and i am looking at a new system to use and add to my treatments. I have no problem with the LCN other than it is a little bit too expensive, and as you can understand it is always better to try other products to see how you get on with them. Also i have seen in the NSI catalogue they have a sample kit for £4.95.

Are they soak off or buff offs?

Easy to apply?

How long do they last between maintenance?

Thank you for any information and advice that anyone may have for me.:)

I use the Balance gels.

The best pink, IMO for a natural finish is the Builder Blush.

If I'm correct, i think Frank was referring to the Radiant Pink, which is not such a good colour - its very pink.

I'm not so impressed with the POW, so tend to use the sculpting white, and always finish the nail off with IBD Intense Seal. Haven't tried the finishing gloss.

The gels are lovely to work with, and I never get any problems with lifting.

Let us know how you get on.

The NSI radiant pink is ok if you use it thinly, I find that if I build the nail with it then it is very "in your face pink". I use clear to build the nail and use the radiant pink as a thin layer. This makes it better.

The Blush pink I find goes a little milky after 2 weeks so when it's infill time the old gel shows through. It may just be me on this though.

The Radiant white sculptor is brill, the constructor is very hard to use but radiant white is creamier, not a self leveling gel but if you are experienced with using non self levelling ones it should be a doddle.

They used to do a white sculptor that was good although it was not a bright white as the radiant.

The bright white tip is not bright white and also the same consistancy as sculpting gel. I find that warming it up slightly helps and it's great for a very natural finish.

THe finish gel has the best shine that i have ever seen from a gel. The shine lasts and does not dull over time. I notice that some geeks are having a few problems with the shine but I have only ever had a problem when a client has touched the nails before applying the finish layer.

I couldn't use the POW as it bubbled and went all funny under the lamp, i use extreme white instead and have never had any problems with it. It's as bright as the radiant sculptor.

HTH
Rachel

I use the Balance gels.

The best pink, IMO for a natural finish is the Builder Blush.

If I'm correct, i think Frank was referring to the Radiant Pink, which is not such a good colour - its very pink.

I'm not so impressed with the POW, so tend to use the sculpting white, and always finish the nail off with IBD Intense Seal. Haven't tried the finishing gloss.

The gels are lovely to work with, and I never get any problems with lifting.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi I recently tried NSI Balance. I am from the states. The constructor white is very stiff. The paint on white- I was having problems with pitting during cure. I use a 36 watt lamp and when I do french and then wipe the smile line clean, I usually do a 15 sec freeze cure. This is when I notice these problems with the pitting. I am still learning how to use it. Young Nails gel is very nice to use.

Latest posts

Back