NSI Polish Pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamIam

Reaction score
I asked this question in the Polish Pro group and received no answer, so maybe someone here can help?

Am trying Polish Pro and so far the results haven't been good. Within one day I had a chip and all my nails peeled off really easily. I've done the same prep steps I do with Shellac. Am I missing something?

Could you run through ur prep please! Do you have a clear polish pro brush or black you should have the new one which is clear! Also there is polish pro renew available to add to your pp which will give better results! Phone Nsi theyv a deal fir existing pp users!

OR you shouldn't be doing prep for one system when your using another!

Shellac is pep and requires no buffing of the natural nail.
Polish Pro..does require buffing of the natural nail.

You must learn about your products before you just buy them, otherwise this is where the troubles begin xx

I have the prep steps for NSI Polish Pro and I didn't buy the product, it was some samples they sent me. The prep steps are very similar except the buffing, I just forgot..... :eek:. But I've heard lots of nail techs comment on how Gelish says you need to buff and they find it works just fine if you don't. But it seems that isn't the case for Polish Pro. :lol:

Thank You Shazzer for the info and your offer to help. :wink2:

I know every tech is different but I have been using PP since it's launch and have not had any problems with chipping or peeling. Infact I have had no problems at all apart from the old formula thickening up but NSI heard the calls of us techs and changed it and also made "Renew" to help us out with using the old formulas up so as to not waste the products.

Peeling to me usually represents that the product is being applied to thick. Try and get your layers thinner. The first layer must be sheer and the 2nd coat will give you full coverage.

Now what about how you apply the product?
Are you doing it Shellac style or PP style?
With PP you only cap the base and top coat NOT the color coats and when you do cap, make sure you give the nail a soft swipe from cuticle to FE to ensure there is no build up of PP at the FE.

The next question I have to ask is and only you know if you have been honestly doing this or not but I will say, with many techs I have helped privately, it turns out after some prodding, they admit to using non NSI products to prep with.
So I ask you, are you using only NSI products to prep with or are you using Scrub Fresh etc cause you already have it from Shellac.
I ask this because, you say you use Shellac and that the PP was sent to you as samples and unless you purchased Nail Pure and Cleanse, I doubt you would have received these products in your samples.

Then my next question is, your lamp?
I gather you are using either a CND lamp or another brand of lamp if you use Shellac.
I have been discovering over some time now that the techs who complain about PP and having problems with it are using usually a generic lamp, not a NSI lamp or even a good quality lamp.
I now am only recommending that if techs wish to use PP long term and make it work for them and make them money, then they invest in the NSI Ultra Pro lamp as this is the lamp that will give you the correct cure.
Again, only you know the truth as to what lamp you are using.

How many tests have you done? Did you just do the one? Another issue that I have come across is the tech not curing for the correct times because they are so used to curing for Shellac times and without even thinking about it, auto pilot came on and they did it Shellac way and again after some thinking, they realised what they had done, fixed it on the next application and all was fine.

Have your bottles got the white/clear brush?
Where did you get your PP samples from?

I would highly recommend that you DO buff gently with a 240 buffer if you are new to using PP.

Did you do the test run on yourself or a client?
Another thing I have noticed is some techs doing the test run on themselves, then working on clients and not realising they are filing off the capped FE or getting acetone on the nail and not knowing and then all of a sudden, the PP has chipped off or caught on something and peeled off but again, PP gets the blame, not taking a look at what has happened to the nails throughout that day or previous days that might have caused it.
Or if it was a client, then has the client done something to her nails and she will not admit it?

It can be the most simple little things like the issues I have mentioned above that can cause the problems you are talking about and some times it is not intentional, it's just from using another product and being on auto pilot, so this is why I'm ask so many questions.
I do not mean any nastiness when I talk about only you knowing the truth as to exactly what you are using and asking upfront questions.
I say it because I have seen in the past both publicly and privately (I have helped many fellow PP/NSI techs privately) many techs who are quick to bag out PP and compare it to Shellac and say how bad PP is etc etc cause they have problems in the start, to only find out they are not doing the application or prep and even sometimes the removal correctly and I think for any product but specifically PP, this is very unfair.

I hope this has helped to some degree, if you wish to PM me in the future for any more trouble shooting, please do, I am more than happy to help:)
I am happy to go through your exact prep steps with you and then application steps with you if you would like.

I forgot to say, at the moment I am wearing PP on my very long natural pointer finger nail and ring finger nail on my dominant hand (right hand) that I applied just over 4 weeks ago and apart from the grow out, it is in perfect condition.
I did some nail art on my nails using PP a couple of weekends ago but left these 2 as they were and just incorporated my nail art to match on the other fingers, so it wouldn't look stupid.
I'm doing this as a little test to myself to see how well it lasts on long natural nails and so far so good.

I just measured my nails and my ring finger is just on 1cm from the end of my finger and my pointer nail is just shy of 1cm, so they are pretty long:)
A lot longer than all my clients have theirs and the PP is still holding up strong.

I asked this question in the Polish Pro group and received no answer, so maybe someone here can help?

Am trying Polish Pro and so far the results haven't been good. Within one day I had a chip and all my nails peeled off really easily. I've done the same prep steps I do with Shellac. Am I missing something?

I believe I responded to your post on the Polish Pro group. Please check again. Although it looks like Wooshka has you covered!

I believe I responded to your post on the Polish Pro group. Please check again. Although it looks like Wooshka has you covered!

Thanks Jessie:) I hope SamIam has had a chance to read all the advice given here and yours in the PP group and is now getting a better result with using the advice given:)

SamIam, please let us know how you are going.

I also have had problems with polish pro. I love NSI and use all their products so this is really disappointing could I cover this in the 1 to 1 training as I'm thinking of doing some in January to improve my skills further. I would much rather stick with it and get it right as I spent alot of money on the kit so don't want to pay out for another system if I can get it right with a bit of training!

I don't see why you couldn't spend some time troubleshooting in your 1 on 1 training....it will not hurt to ask anyway.

I am always happy to help if I can, if you want to pm me, we can troubleshoot if you want to:)

Yes, you did, and I appreciate it, but it was a day after I had posted my question on here. Kind of like missing phone calls, uh? :wink2:

Latest posts

Back