NSI Spa - ACT Australia, winter advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsAqua

Reaction score
Hi All

I've been trialling NSI Spa acrylic (primarily a CND gel user) for a few months now and I must say, I think it's quite good. The fact there is no odour works well for me (and the family).
We are currently in winter and the product mix has changed slightly. I've been able to cope with the colder weather, but the product is taking some time to dry... Anyone got any tips on getting it dry quicker? The heating in the house is on (I use it to warm the gel!). Would a desk fan help?
Anyone in Canberra having this problem? Would love to hear from you.
Lisa

Hi,

You could try using slightly dryer beads, or place the nails under your work lamp, as the heat from your lamp helps them dry quicker.

hth x x

GOOD IDEA! isn't it funny, solutions are there but you often can't see them, just the problem until someone else gives some advice :) Do you use the Spa system?

No, Im not a user of NSI, but have often had the same problem as you, as the heating in my salon isnt the best during winter, and quite often find myself putting clients nails under my work lamp!

Hi, I personally would not recommend placing your l&p enhancements under a lamp to speed up the drying process.
Why? L&P goes through a process "polymerization" to set and then finally cure. By placing your enhancements under a lamp (heat) you will get a false set, the top layers may have set, but when you come to filing you will have product that has not set underneath which will "roll" when you file iykwim.
Solution? Alter you mix ratio accordingly (often when it is cold we need to work with a slightly drier mix ratio to gain product control.

Hi, I personally would not recommend placing your l&p enhancements under a lamp to speed up the drying process.
Why? L&P goes through a process "polymerization" to set and then finally cure. By placing your enhancements under a lamp (heat) you will get a false set, the top layers may have set, but when you come to filing you will have product that has not set underneath which will "roll" when you file iykwim.
Solution? Alter you mix ratio accordingly (often when it is cold we need to work with a slightly drier mix ratio to gain product control.

I dont have any problems with acrylic rolling off once I have dried them under my work lamp! A simple tap on the acrylic with a nail file, will tell you if they are ready or not....if you hear a clicking sound then they are dry...if not, then they are still wet.

I dont have any problems with acrylic rolling off once I have dried them under my work lamp! A simple tap on the acrylic with a nail file, will tell you if they are ready or not....if you hear a clicking sound then they are dry...if not, then they are still wet.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.:hug:

IMO every product works best at its recommended mix ratio (which we alter slightly along with our pressing and smoothing with the brush in warmer and cooler climates) and we should always follow manufacturers instructions for optimum performance.
Set time boosters to accelerate set time (such as a putting enhancements under the heat of a light bulb) can "shock cure" the enhancement, resulting in micro-cracks that could eventually lead to breaks and service breakdown. The surface can also seem completely set as it will offer you the "Click", however the deeper layers may not have fully set.
If a cooler climate does present a problem in the enhancement setting then a faster set monomer would be a wise investment.
If I am wrong I most certainly will take back what I have posted, apologise for the incorrect advice - and hey, the positive thing would be that I have learnt something:). We are all on a journey of learning, that is what is so great about out industry. So thanks "Akaza" for disagreeing with me.:hug:

Having said that I would advise MsAqua to contact NSI direct and ask them for a solution as they have a direct link with their manufacturing scientists and I am sure she will get factual and correct answers. Maybe MsAqua will share her findings.:)

Wishing the best for everyone:hug:

Latest posts

Back