NSS Can they be sued?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkies101

Reaction score
Last week I had a lady come in to my salon to ask for advise. In November she had gone to the local NSS Salon. About 15 minutes after she left her nails began to badly itch and feel like they were on fire, she tried to soak them off but couldnt because of the pain she was in. After about 3 hours sores began to appear all over her fingers right from the nail tip to the knuckle. She had to take 2 weeks off of work as they were so severly damaged. She really wants compensation so is going to a solicitor tommorow. I have printed off some info about MMA for her to take with her, as this is definatly what it sounds like.

But do you think she will be able to claim anything?or do you think they will just class it as a bad allergic reaction? Dont know what else I can advise her
Thanks

(p.s Her hands are still in a bad way and that was November)

I am no expert and I am sure other more qualified Geeks will have definitive answers but if no consultation card was carried out at the start of the treatment, I would have said most probably that this lady has a good chance of suing this company.

Obviously she will have doctors records, sicknotes and time absent from work to back her up, but does she have a photo diary of the damage caused and various photos at different stages of healing to indicate longetivity of time taken for her hands/nails to heal. I would imagine that these would be even more conclusive is a case in which involves collating evidence in order to sue someone.

hope that helps

anne xx

Last week I had a lady come in to my salon to ask for advise. In November she had gone to the local NSS Salon. About 15 minutes after she left her nails began to badly itch and feel like they were on fire, she tried to soak them off but couldn't because of the pain she was in. After about 3 hours sores began to appear all over her fingers right from the nail tip to the knuckle. She had to take 2 weeks off of work as they were so severly damaged. She really wants compensation so is going to a solicitor tommorow. I have printed off some info about MMA for her to take with her, as this is definatly what it sounds like.

But do you think she will be able to claim anything?or do you think they will just class it as a bad allergic reaction? Dont know what else I can advise her
Thanks

(p.s Her hands are still in a bad way and that was November)

She should of gone straight back to the salon and asked them to remove them.
If she has tampered with the 'enhancements' and used a non professional product to attempt to remove them, then it could be said that what she used has caused the sores etc.Especially as the sores are from finger tip to knuckle - do you see where I'm coming from? As this is likely to be what she put her fingers in and the depth she put them in to try & soak them. Why did she not go straight back, if it was only 15 mins after she had left??
It's likely she may of been suffering an allergic reaction to the products used on her, but it may be difficult to prove as she has had a go at DIY removal.:irked:
There's no proof the salon used MMA, until a lab test could prove it - which is unlikely to happen.

I'm not in agreement with any kind of NSS, but I'm also not in agreement with a client not getting back in touch with the salon & getting them to deal with it first. That would of been the best option for her to take if she was unhappy in anyway.
I would think it unlikely that she has any kind of valid case because of what she has done herself after leaving the salon. I may be wrong, I'm not an expert in this issue or a lawyer........

She should of gone straight back to the salon and asked them to remove them.
If she has tampered with the 'enhancements' and used a non professional product to attempt to remove them, then it could be said that what she used has caused the sores etc.Especially as the sores are from finger tip to knuckle - do you see where I'm coming from? As this is likely to be what she put her fingers in and the depth she put them in to try & soak them. Why did she not go straight back, if it was only 15 mins after she had left??
It's likely she may of been suffering an allergic reaction to the products used on her, but it may be difficult to prove as she has had a go at DIY removal.:irked:
There's no proof the salon used MMA, until a lab test could prove it - which is unlikely to happen.

I'm not in agreement with any kind of NSS, but I'm also not in agreement with a client not getting back in touch with the salon & getting them to deal with it first. That would of been the best option for her to take if she was unhappy in anyway.
I would think it unlikely that she has any kind of valid case because of what she has done herself after leaving the salon. I may be wrong, I'm not an expert in this issue or a lawyer........

some excellent points raised here!!

anne xx

Latest posts

Back