NVQ level 3 in 12days??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traineekezia

Reaction score
Heyy,

Im about to start my nvq level 2 at yorkshire college of beauty but i want to do my nvq level 3 on one of those courses that's only 12days long like the carlton institute just because loads of people have told me nvq level 3 is a waste of time apart from the nail courses, and i dont want to waste a year doing it as i want to go straight to uni to do a degree,
basically

anyone know any of these courses?

I really don't see how you can't achieve a Level 3 in Beauty Therapy in just 12 days although I have read about these establishments offering this 'quickie' training. I appreciate there may be units of the course that don't interest you but I disagree that it's a waste of time, and also any future employer wouldn't see it as a waste of time either. Concentrate on your level 2 first...and perhaps discuss your feelings with your tutor. Good luck whichever way you decide to do your training :)

I have to say i agree with angie.Level 3 is so not a waste of time.Most salons wont employ you without it and you gain so much more knowlege than you do on level 2.
I really dont believe in these short courses, not for a course as compact as this. If you were a salon owner who would you take on, a level 3 that had been dedicated to college for another year or someone who has trained in 12 weeks?
I personally dont think you can get enough experience in this short space of time and a lot of people taking short courses, lack confidence in their treatments.
So id seriously think about dropping the short course hun
xxx

Make sure that the option you take is one that will qualify you for a uni place. IMO you cannot perfom facial and body electrical treatments without proper training. Having done the qual at Thomas Danby in a year I would not expect to be able to do these treatments safely after doing a 12 day qual.

You have to have level 3 in the future anyway coz you wont be able to get insurance without it.

You have to have level 3 in the future anyway coz you wont be able to get insurance without it.
This is not true, it is something that colleges tell you to encourage you to do level 3,
its called scare mongering.

Level 3 is really worth it. Some things you may think "Oh I won't do that in my salon" BUT I may sound really geeky here but its nice to know the science behind it esp things like Electrolysis.

I am currently doing level 3 at my college, and loving it, but I can't imagine doing it in a short time, the course I'm doing is 36 weeks and the way I look at it is that is only a short time in my lifetime and it's well worth the extra knowledge.

Enjoy whatever you decide to do hun:hug:

I have got to say, I was 'shocked' to hear that people think NVQ3 is a waste of time. If you ask me, I recently qualified in level 3 NVQ beauty and it was the hardest course I have ever undertaken BUT well worht the hard work. We chose the massage route and electrical facials. The class by the time it came to hands on with clients and exams only 6 of us were left out of 22. It requires a special therapist to apply them selves and grab hold of the knowledge your lecturers are willingly giving you. I found the theory of NVQ3 alot harder when you learn about currency and more depth about muscles but it was well worth it. I now have knowledge that alot of salons do not. You will find not many offer 'electrical treatments' so you become a salon in your own league. Good luck with NVQ2 and speak to your lecturer about level 3 before making up your mind. Short courses don't usually giv you enough confidence to take on the world...... Good luck:hug:

Latest posts

Back