NVQ or CREATIVE?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iThere are a number of companys offering NVQ, not via the collage route.

There are courses linked with them to prepare you for your NVQ assesment.

However, r theses course being sold as such impliing you will learn more than they are competant of delivering to you.
Have a look at the size of the class, usally 18 plus begginner students to one teacher, ask who is delivering the course, how much experience and actually teaching experience have they got .

Ask how they are monitering there quality of work and student achievment, or is it about bums on seats rather that any sence of quality.

Ask to what standards the teacher is delivering and assesing to, can they demonstarte this .

Is the same person teaching and assesing the student............. if not how can can quality be assesed, ....companys will only get paid once the student passes.

Goverment funded courses are an excellent way to achieve your learning goal, if the company and indivdual teachers have quality experience and skill

Yes in the future we will need some national standard to all be measured aginst............. how theses companys operating at the minute got this standard? other wise how will this industy improve.

Having read this months scratch there was a article asking people to pay and register to prove they are safe working tec? , what qualifiaction on quality has the sales person who is selling got to say u r safe or not ?

Last edited:
Same old same old arguments we have been discussing for nearly 20 years Caroline ... nothing new.

As long as colleges put money before the quality of the teaching then there will never BE a standard. Actually it is pie in the sky to ever expect there to be a standard ... it is impossible to acheive. Passing students comes before competency .. no pass no money so everyone passes.

With CND if the student does not pass her assessment ... they do not pass ... the assessment has to be passed and then skill building classes attended to ensure work is competant. Every one who completes it seems to pass the NVQ. No one has ever told me they have not passed.

This thread is about comparing CND education to NVQ and frankly there is no contest at all. The 2 are not remotely similar.

Last edited:
Same old same old arguments we have been discussing for nearly 20 years Caroline ... nothing new.

As long as colleges put money before the quality of the teaching then there will never BE a standard. Actually it is pie in the sky to ever expect there to be a standard ... it is impossible to acheive. Passing students comes before competency .. no pass no money so everyone passes.

With CND if the student does not pass her assessment ... they do not pass ... the assessment has to be passed and then skill building classes attended to ensure work is competant. Every one who completes it seems to pass the NVQ. No one has ever told me they have not passed.

This thread is aboput aparing CND education to NVQ and frankly there is no contest at all. The 2 are not remotely similar.
i agree they are not similair at all, nvq is only a minimum standard that is easly intripitad.

iThere are a number of companys offering NVQ, not via the collage route.

There are courses linked with them to prepare you for your NVQ assesment.

However, r theses course being sold as such impliing you will learn more than they are competant of delivering to you.
Have a look at the size of the class, usally 18 plus begginner students to one teacher, ask who is delivering the course, how much experience and actually teaching experience have they got .

Ask how they are monitering there quality of work and student achievment, or is it about bums on seats rather that any sence of quality.

Ask to what standards the teacher is delivering and assesing to, can they demonstarte this .

Is the same person teaching and assesing the student............. if not how can can quality be assesed, ....companys will only get paid once the student passes.

Goverment funded courses are an excellent way to achieve your learning goal, if the company and indivdual teachers have quality experience and skill

Yes in the future we will need some national standard to all be measured aginst............. how theses companys operating at the minute got this standard? other wise how will this industy improve.

Having read this months scratch there was a article asking people to pay and register to prove they are safe working tec? , what qualifiaction on quality has the sales person who is selling got to say u r safe or not ?
I am not trying to be difficult but as an Educator I find your reply somewhat surprising - I have highlighted all the spelling mistakes(excluding typos etc)

My independent educator and the Company's brochure is grammatically correct and correctly spelt.

I am not trying to be difficult but as an Educator I find your reply somewhat surprising - I have highlighted all the spelling mistakes(excluding typos etc)

My independent educator and the Company's brochure is grammatically correct and correctly spelt.

You missed a few Adele!!

Latest posts

Back