nvq3?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybaby88

Reaction score
can anyone who is doing nvq level 3 add me to their buddy list. im kinda struggling abit and would like some help from you :)

what are you struggling with hun?

the assignment unit G11 its really difficult to understand, im sure the assigments are different for different colleges arnt they??
x

yes they will be.

is it a whole subject or specific questions?

well there is 2 questions but they r really long, its ok il try my best to do it ive got untill next monday to do it. i wil photocopy it and post it on here so you can see it.
x

If you are struggling with things try doing a search on here lots of info will come up. Also try using the internet you will be surpraised what comes up hth

I've only done part1 as we have 2 parts to it. I havent had it back from being marked yet but I pretty much found all the info on the internet. What question are you having trouble with?

hey

if you pm the questions or want any help im happy to try i know how difficult certain sections can be. isnt g11 financial business side of things

yes it is contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business. i just really dont understand what i am doing:sad: do you know how i can send it to this message board bcs i tried attatching it but it doesnt work

xx

Ideltify the main acts and legilisation that relate to the use of EACH of the following resources in beauty salons

PART A

1.Human e.g staff-all
2.Financial e.g all monies-recieved/outlay/salaries-including how effective use of resources can comtribute to profitability of the business
3.Information systems e.g computers,record cards,appointment books, rotas.etc
4.Stock e.g used for treatments.retail and disposables include the principles of stock control and how ordering systems work.
5.Power e.g heat,light-gas,electricity
6.Water - washing, cleaning-drinking,domestic
7.Communication systems e.g telephones,emails,memos,meetings.
8.Tools - personal, salon owned, sterilisation etc
9.Equipment - use, maintenance,repair
10. Time e.g for treatments,opening hours, staff hours
PART B
Discuss the common problems associated with EACH of the salon resources above 1-1 and possible ways of salon management resolving them.

Thanks girly :)
xx

Did you get a handout with this assignment as a lot of the answers are in their.
The first question you have we werent asked about how it relates to the acts, we were asked how thoses resources could affect the profit of the salon.

i.e. staff: Being late - means late on appointments / gains salon bad reputation - possibly other staff leaving as fed up of covering.

We were asked to clarify certain acts, which I looked up on the internet.

I think it might be worth speaking to your lecturer to clarify what's she is looking for in your answers.

Good luck.

I know it's not your fault hun, but I do get amazed that you are just thrown course work at you without even having being taught it. How can you answer something if you haven't been given the resources in the first place?

What you need to do is get yourself some good reference books, such as Marion Newman's the Complet Nail technician. It has all the different legislation that we abide by and then it should be easy to marry up the legislation with the questions above. Don't forget too that really a lot of common sense comes into play here, and I think sometimes we think the questions are harder than they really are.

The other thing to remember is that an NVQ3 is equivalent to 2 A'levels, so you can see that a lot of hard work has to be put in. Sadly there are no shortcuts.

Oops that sounded as though i was lecturing and it wasn't meant to come across that way. :hug: I found M2 and M74 which asks similar questons to these a real pain in the derriere, but I just had to plod my way through it and it took me hours!

I know it's not your fault hun, but I do get amazed that you are just thrown course work at you without even having being taught it. How can you answer something if you haven't been given the resources in the first place?

A lot of colleges do this. When I was doing my quals, we were given our assignments to do first and only after we'd done them, was the topic covered in class.

This was to encourage "self learning" and not to be "spoon fed".

I didn't have a problem doing it, but found that the way the asked / structured the questions where beyond incomprehensible. The tutor always had to explain what the question actually meant and then everything was crystal clear.

Managing to understand what they were actually asking was half the battle !

Marlise

What you need to do is get yourself some good reference books, such as Marion Newman's the Complet Nail technician. It has all the different legislation that we abide by and then it should be easy to marry up the legislation with the questions above. Don't forget too that really a lot of common sense comes into play here, and I think sometimes we think the questions are harder than they really are.

The other thing to remember is that an NVQ3 is equivalent to 2 A'levels, so you can see that a lot of hard work has to be put in. Sadly there are no shortcuts.

Oops that sounded as though i was lecturing and it wasn't meant to come across that way. :hug: I found M2 and M74 which asks similar questons to these a real pain in the derriere, but I just had to plod my way through it and it took me hours!

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who hated those bloody assignments M74/ M2. God I spent hrs on them hated every minute had me in tears at one piont as useless with written work.:irked:
Definately would get the Marian Newman book I have that & also Beauty therapy by Jane Hiscock & Frances Lovett, thats level S/NVQ level 2 but still halped but no end with all courses I've done, & thats been quite a few!!!

Try to keep smiling hun & if your really having probs get in touch with your tutor. I had/ was given all tutors e-mail addy's on every course I've been on or their mob number incase anyone got stuck etc.....

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

does anybody know how i write about these i have wrote the acts/legalisations for each like human, financial etc but i was wondering what do i write about human-staff and financial-all monies recieved/outlay/salaries.... i really dont undedrstand what i have to do now.... ive got3 days to do it and im not going to be able to do it :cry::cry:
My tutor is away untill monday (when its due) so i cant ask her, its really getting me depressed this is what i was afraid of. :cry:
xxxxxxxxxx

[FONT=&quot]PART A
[FONT=&quot]

1.Human e.g staff-all
2.Financial e.g all monies-recieved/outlay/salaries-including how effective use of resources can comtribute to profitability of the business
3.Information systems e.g computers,record cards,appointment books, rotas.etc
4.Stock e.g used for treatments.retail and disposables include the principles of stock control and how ordering systems work.
5.Power e.g heat,light-gas,electricity
6.Water - washing, cleaning-drinking,domestic
7.Communication systems e.g telephones,emails,memos,meetings.
8.Tools - personal, salon owned, sterilisation etc
9.Equipment - use, maintenance,repair
10. Time e.g for treatments,opening hours, staff hour[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Dont panic hun, if your tutor is away then just wait and speak to her Monday.

Most of the girls in my class hand their assignments in late, it just doesnt get marked as quickly as the others.

If you need to speak to her to complete it, then just take in what you've done so far and ask her to clarify the questions and explain you will get it into her ASAP.

We always have to get our lecturer to explain the questions as their worded more complicated then the answer their looking for - hope that makes sense.

I'd love to be able to help you but it looks like your paper is different to mine and I'd hate to send you down the wrong path.

Let us know how you get on with your lecturer on Monday.

P.S. Is there any way of contacting someone else on your course to see what they've done?

hi hun i'm also doing nvq3 and i'm doing my e4 exam paper for g11 unit. i dont know how to add to buddy list but maybe we could help each other on this, as i found it all a bit overwhelming and sometimes a bit confusing.

how do i add you to my buddy list????

Hi just figured out how to add you to buddy list. hope you dont mind, but it's good to be able to chat to someone who is also doing the same course as me.

Latest posts

Back