October

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natm

Reaction score
:-( is any body else finding October dead? I know my clients haven't gone else where as my Christmas week is nearly booked up but where is everyone in October? I could cry its so quiet. Is any body else in this same situation!

Yes me too. It's sickening. Just using my time for working out Christmas promotions and gifts etc. advertising too. Stick in there, it will pick up again.

Last week I was dead but the next two weeks have all of a sudden gone crazy for me and I just dont have enough slots for all the enquiries I am getting but to be fair I have two mornings over the next 2 weeks where I am working in a ladies fitness club to help them raise money for breast cancer care!

same as, ive got nothing till the end of the week but neither have the local salons (hair and beauty) so im not too worried....have wrapped all my xmas goodies for clients. speaking to local hairdressers she said that clients are booking up for xmas but making their appts till then last as long as possible....we are still in a recession people so lets just make use of our time!!

Me too - soooo quiet :'( Hoping it will pick up asap!!!!

I was really quiet for the last week and a half but I'm quite busy this week which happens to be the week that I go back to work!! I have already worked out my Christmas packages starting in November (Christmas party season starts really early round here!!)

Leanne
X

Does anyone know when it's gonna pick up in November? Start or end of the month? What has it been like previously? I'm skint!

I have gone from £700 ave takings over 3 days to £400! Scary times!

Same here, very quiet and has been since kids went back to school :(

same as, ive got nothing till the end of the week but neither have the local salons (hair and beauty) so im not too worried....have wrapped all my xmas goodies for clients. speaking to local hairdressers she said that clients are booking up for xmas but making their appts till then last as long as possible....we are still in a recession people so lets just make use of our time!!
Hi Souz, do you mind me asking what sort of gifts you get your clients? I've been giving it some thought but am not sure what to get people. Also do you give all your clients the same gift or do you buy regulars something a bit different? Thanks x

I'm a bit quieter at the moment too, but i usually find that October is quiet for me. I would normally ensure that i have a promotion going to bring business in but because of some personal stuff that hasn't happened this year and i'm glad for the downtime.

Like the others have said, if you're quiet get working on the paperwork, make sure your client cards, etc are up-to-date, work on promotions, stock check, update your website, play with some new nail art, work on some "we miss you" cards for clients that haven't been in the last 6 months...there's a lot to get on with xx

Iv gone very quiet always do this time of year i tried to be organised and put some offers up for oct/nov but nobodies even booked from them. Suppose its a good chance to deep clean our salons, catch up on stuff, or av a few days off while we get chance pre xmas rush;)

Thanks guys, I need some inspiration I just feel rubbish! I need money for Xmas! Luckily at Xmas I work 2 days a week on a beauty counter in debenhams, that helps but I think from January I could do with one day a week in any job! Do any of you work part time doing something completely different? Xx

We are quiet too- is isn't normal for us so touch wood it's only just for two weeks. Nice to hear its not just us. But yes this week and next week look quiet.

I am really quiet too and I'm skint! It's depressing! I think everyone is saving for Xmas so not having things done.

My salon is getting busier by the week, so far we are in our best month yet (nearly 1 year) we are growing nice and consistently.

I hope it continues throughout the rest of October, but generally it's not bad at all.

I hope it picks up for everyone who is quiet xx

I'm really quiet but I am moving premises so need the spare time at the mo! Just fed up of waiting for the phone call saying come sign your paperwork and get your keys grrr then the cleaning and decorating can commence!!!!

After a mental summer, September came to a major halt! I had barely anyone but I have to say the last couple of weeks have really picked up again. My phone went nuts the other day and I have been fully booked this week and am almost fully booked next week now. Nothing in for the week after yet really, just 2 but this is what seems to happen, as soon as I think I have nothing booked in, my phone rings or I get an email.

Try not to worry ladies, we are heading towards Halloween (lots of people go to parties and want nail art etc to match their outfits) and November is Firework parties and also the start of the Christmas parties, I have quite a few clients who are having their parties in November instead of december, so I'm sure you'll all pick up and will then be on here saying you're too busy :lol: make the most of your quiet time to do all the bits you don't usually get time for, research, paperwork etc :hug:

Hi Souz, do you mind me asking what sort of gifts you get your clients? I've been giving it some thought but am not sure what to get people. Also do you give all your clients the same gift or do you buy regulars something a bit different? Thanks x

pinkeedee, i meant gifts that i am retailing not giving to clients!! i am just going to give clients a card with a voucher in xx

pinkeedee, i meant gifts that i am retailing not giving to clients!! i am just going to give clients a card with a voucher in xx
Aww thanks souz, its my first real xmas in business (i was newly qualified last year and i was only doing people i knew) so wasn't sure what was the done thing regarding client gifts.
When i think about it i've never been given anything from nail techs or hairdressers at xmas so maybe i'm being over generous :)

Latest posts

Back