October

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been quiet this week too, last week was busy, week before quiet. I've been spending my quiet/empty days doing christmas shopping because i'll never have chance to do it come nov/dec xx

Thanks guys, I need some inspiration I just feel rubbish! I need money for Xmas! Luckily at Xmas I work 2 days a week on a beauty counter in debenhams, that helps but I think from January I could do with one day a week in any job! Do any of you work part time doing something completely different? Xx

Hey Natm, I do some beauty agency work when I can to get the extra money in, I usually go to 5* spas, its a nice little break and 'support' for my quiet days/weeks and I love using all the different products to mine!

Leanne
X

Hi i was just wondering what is five* spas? is it an agency? x

Five star spas - not an agency, but a very high standard spa. Ring them up, offer your CV and tell them you can do the odd day here and there when they need you.

I have created a spreadsheet where you can enter your daily takings split out as treatment and retail. The beauty of this is that you can begin to see trends and then deal with them. For instance, in my salon it's horribly busy in July and then it tails off a bit in August, so I run the odd offer then. I can see also that October is always quiet so I plan to do lots of marketing in September to ramp up the interest. It also shows me the best time to take a holiday, where I will lose the least amount of money. Finally it proved to me that I really could close between Christmas and New Year last year because I taken only £276 the year before!

If you want access to the spreadsheet it's on the salon geek dropbox folder. If you haven't got access to it already you'll need to pm me your email address.

Enjoy - it's a very useful tool!

Hi i was just wondering what is five* spas? is it an agency? x

The agency I work for can send me to salons and spas, most of the spas I work at are five star graded similar to the grades that hotels are given (the spas I work at are hotels and can have gyms, golf courses, restaurants, bars etc and use really lovely products eg Thalgo, Aromatherapy Associates, Decleor etc.)

Leanne
X

Thanks every one for sharing. It's helps to know its not just me. Fingers crossed for November! Il take a look at the spreadsheet! Xx

Oh my gosh! I am feeling much better after finding this thread! It's sooooo quiet! So depressing.

Last week was one of our busiest for ages, I have no idea why very odd! This week is steady and next week quieter.
I usually find October is slightly quieter due to people thinking about Christmas and saving money....
It will soon be manic again so make the most of your quiet time !

I knw, it's nice to know we aren't on our own xxx

Aww thanks souz, its my first real xmas in business (i was newly qualified last year and i was only doing people i knew) so wasn't sure what was the done thing regarding client gifts.
When i think about it i've never been given anything from nail techs or hairdressers at xmas so maybe i'm being over generous :)

pinkeedee, there is no real etiquette for clients and xmas, its up to you...i personally think a card and voucher probably wrapped really nicely is enough but some do buy presents and maybe when i can afford to do that i may!

This week for me is absolutely awful! Worst week I've had!

woo hoo im half booked up for next week!! this week has been so dead! but i did get lots done....wrapped retail gifts, did some more nail art wheels, got a new nail desk and storage, had a good clear out in all my drawers, booked a course, went through old scratch copies for nail art inspiration and of course spent lost of time on here!!
have a busy afternoon, nails and waxing and then a large glass of wine!! hope you are all picking up too xxx

After a really bad month I'm giving my business a rest for a bit. We are saving for our mortgage and trying for number 3 baby so we need all the money we can get, I'm also doing my level 2 hair which I have wanted to do forever.

Xmas is around the corner and I need more stability than what I'm getting from my business. On a good week I earn so so much but bad weeks like this hit you! I still have my regulars but I'm not dedicating all my time to nails and tanning at the moment. Back to regular office job for me. I've got so much on my mind at the moment and so much work to do eith my course, I haven't been really interested in nails and haven't been on SG for about 2 weeks now when I'm normally on it every day. Hopefully I will get my love for nails back soon but for now I'm just concentrating on my level 2 hair and working. :(

I have been mental this month (not even had time to update my complete journey blog). Even taking 11 days off its been my best month yet. I'm in the lounge waiting for my flight!! :)
Vicki x

Hi saving for a mortgage is so hard. I was in the process of getting one with my partner! It would have been his mortgage! How ever fell through due to his car in finance :-( mortgages are horrible and they take all your money. I am def next year going to look to do something else to keep my going. It's just so slow out there at the moment.

I'm very quite at the moment but I've had an operation recently & now not well with a chest infection & ear infection & one of my surgery insicions is infected so I'm on loads of antibiotics & feeling crappy so definetly not been advertising or doing anything business related for the past couple of weeks :(

I have just ordered 1000 leaflets & plan on ordering another 4000 next week so in a week or so when I'm a bit better I'm off pounding the streets posting them ready for getting some bookings for over Xmas!

I want to be busy busy this Xmas, I didn't do that bad last year but this year id like to do better, so my plan is to leaflet drop most weeks until Xmas.

xx

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek

Hi two weeks ago my salon was less busy than normal, but this week quite busy and plenty of bookings for xmas.

How many clients a day, do you all want on average to keep yourselves busy? I know some spend more but if have at least 6 that keeps me ticking over x

Its quieter than usual. The bills are paid though and the salon is impeccabley clean...
xxx

Depends on what I'm doing.some colours can take me 3 hours which will be £120 but I like to take at least £250 a day before vat. Or £700-850 a week over 3 days. Last week I only took £450! This week not much better. Have taken the week after off but am booked up for the first two weeks if November so may have to do extra days :) we will eat more something other then beans on toast in November lol

Depends on what I'm doing.some colours can take me 3 hours which will be £120 but I like to take at least £250 a day before vat. Or £700-850 a week over 3 days. Last week I only took £450! This week not much better. Have taken the week after off but am booked up for the first two weeks if November so may have to do extra days :) we will eat more something other then beans on toast in November lol

What are the prices like then? :0

Latest posts

Back