Odd rash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachi

Reaction score
I have a friend that has this rash on his foot and now the back of his hand. Has had it for a long time and it never goes away. just quiets down. It spread to his hand last month after always being on his ankle. At 1st I thought athletes foot, but it is not in the right spots for that. Never in a wet area. I keep telling him a Derm is the best ay to go but he says he is fine. I am hoping that you all can give me a hand.
1. help me fig out what it is. :eek:
2. Get enough back up to get him in to see the Derm! :irked:
He went to a Dr once that told him it was athletes foot but the cream etc did nothing to help. So he never went back.
1st is back of his hand.
2nd is inside ankle
He always wares sandals so there is never moisture near his foot. and the back of the hand??

Thanks!
26144_101772589859355_1000007984-1.jpg

26144_101772579859356_1000007984397.jpg

It may be two different things or he may have spread it from his foot to his hand-who knows where he may spread it to next!

He can at least pop into the pharmacy and show them then they can tell him to go to the doctor. :hug:

I'm not medically qualified however,I think it looks like a form of eczema that looks like ringworm(it forms in rings),or it could be ringworm or possibly folliculitis.I have eczema that looks like this and my friend has folliculitis that also looks very similar.Ringworm could have spread if he had athletes foot and has passed it from his foot to his hand or other areas of the body.

Does it itch?has he tried using any creams?is it worse in the winter but virtually clears up in the summer?Do certain things make it flare up,ie heat?

I think he should definately get it looked at by either a dermatologist or GP,Gp's dont tend to be as clued up on skin rashes but he/she will have to refer your friend unless you go privately.HTH

Last edited:
The two are not connected (IMO). The first picture appears to be folliculitis. The second picture appears to be mild dermatitis (eczema), possibly brought on by some trauma (looks like he has some bruisng). If troublesome, always best for him to go get checked out.

Sorry Babsann - not ringworm.

The two are not connected (IMO). The first picture appears to be folliculitis. The second picture appears to be mild dermatitis (eczema), possibly brought on by some trauma (looks like he has some bruisng). If troublesome, always best for him to go get checked out.

Sorry Babsann - not ringworm.

yeah I knew it was not ring worm. I know they dont look alike at the moment. The foot has healed for now. The discoloration is always there. and when it starts up it looks like the hand. I was thinking eczema as well. It seems to get worse in summer and batter in winter. He is from Florida and it was ALWAYS bad there. Her where we live it is like the weather in London (so i have been told). I am making him go to the Dr..... I will let you know what it turns out to be. He read this and said he would go! lol. Thanks :hug:

Latest posts

Back