Odorless Monomer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaVader

Reaction score
Greetings Geeks!! I've run into a bit of a problem at work and need some advice. My boss has a very serious "smell allergy". It sounds a bit weird I know, however there are things that my boss cannot be around as the smell will cause her throat to swell shut. It ranges from certain perfumes to cleaning products, to scented candles, and hair and nail products.

I bought a small bottle of CND Retention and brought it in to start doing acrylics. I was putting a set on myself and my boss had to hold her breath to walk by my station and she said the smell did waft out to the hair dressers area (There is a wall and a considerable amount of floor space between me and the hair dressers stations.) So in order to be able to add to my service menu and do acrylics, I was thinking to switch to an odorless monomer. I was hoping someone could let me know if CND has an odorless system. The only odorless I used was taught in my nail school for one day, and it was what we were required to use during state board exams. I did not like this particular odorless (Clarite by OPI). It takes forever to cure even with the curing resin and when you are doing a set of pink and white, the white always has a yellow tint to it.

Any recommendations anyone?

Akzentz makes a great odorless monomer.

Also, have you ever thought of switching to gel? Maybe that would work better in your salon with your boss' allergies.

I only know about OPI. It does stay tacky on the surface but it cures from the bottom up so there is no dust and I never found the nails to be less durable. It is yellow when it is ready for buffing but the yellow buffs off. I have used OPI odorless for years and was happy with the original product. The Clarite line is about the same as the original odorless except for the yellowing. I have been told that impurities in the bonder are what cause the yellowing....maybe?!?

Interesting thread ill keep watch thanks for posting x

Hi INM have a great odorless Product called NOP (No Odor Product).

Last edited:
ODOR - OUT Sina nail products

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back