offer too good to refuse - working upstairs in a local cafe ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newatnails

Reaction score
I was just about to give my notice in at the shop I have been working in for 18months. I need to find a job which earns me some money, and after paying rent, taxes and buying my stock I don't really earn anything. Which is probably the norm in most circumstances, but I am no longer in a position to continue going to work and not bringing any money home. So I am looking at other options. I am thinking about going mobile from January or setting up the spare room in my house. Anyway, I was in a local cafe earlier today and the owner has a room upstairs that is hardly ever used, and another lady who does sugaring who lives quite a way from here is also looking for a room she can work from. The owner of the cafe has offered me the room upstairs for nothing, hoping I can bring him some more custom, which I hope I can. Anyway, it's ideas I am after, bearing in mind this is a cafe, they do sandwiches, english breakfasts etc..., it's not a greasy spoon or anything like that, it's not overly busy most days either. I want to maybe start working on a Monday and one day at weekend, could anyone offer any suggestions on special events that I could advertise, to get them coming through the door ??:confused:

What a fantastic opportunity for you, NO RENT! You got to be kidding, I'd defo go fo it, you have nothing to lose.
Just get your advertising sorted and his business could thrive too.

Go For It and Good Luck.

Sonia x

Get your self noticed hun,
put an A-board out side the cafe with your specials on there,

maybe try the tack of
come and have a treatment with a friend and enjoy a coffee & snack with your friend after in the comfy cafe?

free cappacinno with every treatment!

Sounds great! The only thing is you will have to keep your fumes under control, being as it's a food establishment. People wont want to be eating and smelling acrylic. Good luck! :D

Thanks for your words of encouragement guys. I won't be doing enhancements, I'm thinking more on the line of manis and pedi's, it will be away from where people are eating. I'm also thinking of trying to do something for kids in the week after school and sat mornings, and maybe a pamper evening one day a week, a ladies coffee morning, what do you think ?

I think it sounds like you have given it a lot of thought and have some very good ideas. If you did want to get in to the enhancement side of things then you could always offer UV Gel, if you are worried about the smell of monomer. After school sounds like a very good idea, maybe you should add come with an adult imagine polish up to the elbows! :lol: Good luck with it all and keep us posted.

How about you promote the idea of the husband sitting downstairs having a drink while the wife has her mani upstairs.

Same again for the kids. Mum and dad having a drink/coffee in peace whilst you do their little girls nails.

I wouldn't give anything away free though such as a drink as you need to make a living.

How about you promote the idea of the husband sitting downstairs having a drink while the wife has her mani upstairs.

Same again for the kids. Mum and dad having a drink/coffee in peace whilst you do their little girls nails.

I wouldn't give anything away free though such as a drink as you need to make a living.

I think you have to be careful here, I would suggest that you always have a parent present when you are treating a minor, better safe than sorry.

It does sound like a fab offer hon, it could work well with groups of mums, they could watch each others little ones downstairs while the other gets a mani upstairs.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

Sam x

I think you have to be careful here, I would suggest that you always have a parent present when you are treating a minor, better safe than sorry.

It does sound like a fab offer hon, it could work well with groups of mums, they could watch each others little ones downstairs while the other gets a mani upstairs.

Sam x
Maybe, but we're only talking about nail art. Also, it is in Spain where they have different rules.

sounds good but I would check with the local council about planning consent for this. They may not allow it above a food establishment and it may not be registered for this use class...just a thought for you to check.

Sam x

Thanks for the advice, I do understand but where the cafe is, there's not going to be any minors turning up on their own, but I will ad something on my flyers etc..., to entice the parents of mums to stay around downstairs in the cafe!

Latest posts

Back