Oh Dear had to cancel an appointment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna'sdelights

Reaction score
Ok so I had my ladies evening last week it was good got 4 appointments from it and 8 phone numbers. Unfortunately the 1st appointment cancelled on me (she was called into work) and I have the other 3 today, but I am having to cancel the first one as STUPIDLY I hadn't put my daughters new ballet lessons in my diary, so when she asked for monday I said yes (even though I wasn't happy with the time especially as I was having to go to hers). last night i was getting kit ready for terri's ballet and earlier I had been thinking ooo 3 appointments tomorrow and the possibility of making more in one day than i did for the whole of last month (still i did not click). it was at 7:10 this morning just woke up and terri said mummy its ballet tonight!!! and the penny dropped:eek: oh god no!!! I was going to aks my mum to have her while I did the appointment but she is ill so even if she had her she wouldnt want to go out, so I have no choice but to rearrange. I called her at 10:30 no connection, so i text her saying I would try again, which I just have and it just rang and rang. The text went through but I have heard nothing from her. any suggestions on what i should do now?? I feel so bad :~(

Don't be too hard on yourself Donna.. we're all human and make mistakes.
I think what I would do would be try ringing her again and if you can't get through, just leave a voice message apologising again and offer her a freebie .. whatever you fancy like a pedi or give her a gift token that she can use again... I'm telling you, clients just want to feel special and once they hear the word 'free' they are usually putty in your hands.

What annoys me is that the clients can ring us to cancel at the drop of a hat... no apology and no notice and we just have to accept it. I know it's very unprofessional to cancel a client but at the end of the day you made a mistake and as I said before.. we're all human.

Hope she's not too hard on you, once you apologise she'll be grand so don't be worrying chick x.

I would call your client and say that you have had to cancel.....i would ask when can you re-book her so she knows you wont just cancel and forget her !!

Don't be too hard on yourself Donna.. we're all human and make mistakes.
I think what I would do would be try ringing her again and if you can't get through, just leave a voice message apologising again and offer her a freebie .. whatever you fancy like a pedi or give her a gift token that she can use again... I'm telling you, clients just want to feel special and once they hear the word 'free' they are usually putty in your hands.

What annoys me is that the clients can ring us to cancel at the drop of a hat... no apology and no notice and we just have to accept it. I know it's very unprofessional to cancel a client but at the end of the day you made a mistake and as I said before.. we're all human.

Hope she's not too hard on you, once you apologise she'll be grand so don't be worrying chick x.

Thanks Karen, I know I feel totally unprofessional cancelling (my own fault for say yes to hours outside what I have said i'll work...should have been my first clue der) i will try again but she had no voice mail so all i can do is try.

finally got hold of her her daughter has been in hospital and she had forgotten about it any way booked her for thursday for her pedicure few panic over....

:green:Yippeeeee!!!!

I'm glad its all sorted :)

Glad it worked out well for both of you xx

Latest posts

Back