Oh dear, my cat has addiction issues.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkmummy

Reaction score
Anyone with a cat will understand this.
I had to completely empty out my undersink cupboard in the kitchen last night due a bit of flooding. Dried every thing off and left it out overnight with the cupboard doors open to completely dry out.
Came down this morningand my cat had found the box of catnip leaves (like a legal drug for cats). She'd ripped her way into the box, dragged the packet out, ripped into that and I found her spaced out on the carpet after some serious partying!:twisted:
I'm now off to hoover up the remaining catnip so she doesn't bring her mates back for a rave tonight!

:twisted::twisted: never tried cat nip, but you should see what my cat does if I use bleach to was the floor, I have to keep him out until the floor is completly dry and then he body slides all over it making these little chirping noises, I swear one day I will crack a rib laughing at him

You should get some, we call it cat cocaine.:twisted:
I think she's got the equivalent of a hangover this morning.

You should get some, we call it cat cocaine.:twisted:
I think she's got the equivalent of a hangover this morning.

LOL we love our pets:twisted::twisted:

i am having visions of a very stoned cat , lmao !! i never realised it did that to cats ! now i think of it our cat went a bit weird when she used to have it too :D :D

did you know you can get Catnip bubbles for your moggie. i think they are made by KOOKAMONGA. Got to get some for my poppy as a christmas pressie.

deb x x

:twisted::twisted: never tried cat nip, but you should see what my cat does if I use bleach to was the floor, I have to keep him out until the floor is completly dry and then he body slides all over it making these little chirping noises, I swear one day I will crack a rib laughing at him

Hi there Susie - In OZ we have a TV vet called Dr Harry......
A few episodes ago, a cat did the same thing with bleached floors as yours... rolling on and nuzzling the floor...endless licking of the paws... Hooked on bleach. It starts as a separation anxiety thing & goes from there.

Didnt see the end of the show so dont know if they got him/her into rehab lol....

XX J XX

Think my dog paddy is addicted to chocolate!

Every time somebody ges chocolate bar out he is litterally fighting you for it until he wins!

Is this stuff safe for the cat then? and in large quantities? What are the effects??

Sorry for all the questions - just havent heard of it before and i have 2 adorable kittens - sounds quite interesting!!!

Is this stuff safe for the cat then? and in large quantities? What are the effects??

Sorry for all the questions - just havent heard of it before and i have 2 adorable kittens - sounds quite interesting!!!

Catnip and Catnip Affects FAQ

Have a look here, You can buy it from any good petshop, get the pure stuff not a toy for really funny results.
I haven't seen her for the rest of the day, I think she's sleeping it off somewhere.:wink2:

Hope your very happily sky high kitty doesn't get a touch of the DT's when he's finished tripping ... awwwww bless.

I have two cats oliver and squeaky, neither of them like the catnip nip but oh my god does oliver go mad for bleach!!!

he does exactly the same as already mentioned rolls around on the floor making funny noises for about an hour after i have cleaned it, he also rubs himself against all my plug in air fresheners so constantly stinks of whatever is plugged in, i think hes a clean freak because he hates his litter tray he wont even scrape the litter over his mess when he goes to the toilet.

I think i might get him some therapy lol xx

Catnip and Catnip Affects FAQ

Have a look here, You can buy it from any good petshop, get the pure stuff not a toy for really funny results.
I haven't seen her for the rest of the day, I think she's sleeping it off somewhere.:wink2:

Thanks for that - just had a quick read up!

Sounds like it produces hilarious results - i will def be giving it a little go when they are older! :biggrin:

this sounds so funny .,i will defo be getting some for my eldest ,he is so serious he needs to lighten up a little and have some fun ...lol

UPDATE: I must seek some kind of substance abuse counselling for her.

I was making a desert as we have have friends over for dinner tomorrow, Christmas style zucotto. I had finished putting it, put it in the fridge to chill for 24hrs, and lazily gone to sit down for 10 mins before washing up.:o
When I go back into the kitchen, she was up on the worktop (never aloud up there:twisted: )eating all the leftover ingredients.
She's had madiera cake crumbs soaked in cointreau, orange juice and brandy, never heard of a cat trying alcohol before.:confused: Also cream whipped up with icing sugar, vanilla pods and grated chocolate.
I may be taking her to the vets if she carries on her bingeing! Maybe it's the munchies after her high day yesterday?

I LOVE giving my cat catnip, he's a right old hoot.
First, he rubs himself in it, eating it and pulling himself along the floor, flipping and flopping
THEN the starts tearing around the house like a lunatic looking for trouble, chasing imaginary who-know-whats'its.... crazy critter

Another thing they really lke are the foils from cigarettes packs rolled up into balls OR olives without pits.
No idea why. But most cats do. it's weird, like a whole other kind of catnip thing going on.

You can buy fresh cat-nip in a little pot that looks like fat grass. Keeps on growing. Dont know if they get the same reaction.. but... it's available.

Latest posts

Back