Oh God! Please help - PDQ Machine!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah-Jean

Reaction score
I have been chasing the company I ordered a PDQ machine for nearly two weeks, they kept telling me it was fine and I'd be approved and finally told me today that it is not and I can't have it. :(

I have a really poor credit history, including a CCJ. I can't get a merchant account anywhere (although I do have a business bank account with Lloyds)... I'm really panicking as I open on the 2nd November and the previous owners of this salon told me that 80% of their takings were credit cards and I'm really worried about what to do...

Does anyone know of a company that will help me get a merchant account and PDQ machine with REALLY poor credit history? Or have any other idea's of ways I can take credit card payments...???

I've tried calling a few others but they just say they can't help me. I'm really panicking now.

Do you know anyone who would go guarantor for you and have the account in their name - not sure if this is possible.

How about switch to ltd company and put the pdq in that name? otherwise google pdq machines for poor credit history maybe? There is always someone will do it I would have thought.

Don't Lloyds do them? If they've let you open up a business account then i can't see why they wouldn't give you a PDQ machine.

Surely your Lloyds business account is a merchant account?

Don't the merchant accounts just charge rates which is nothing to do with normal business account. The ltd company idea sounds good as that is an entity in its own right and then you would be employed by this company with a debt only up to your total share. However, you do have to declare if you have ever been bankrupt when you set up a ltd company.

Try silverpay www.silverpay.co.uk they will do it for you pretty quick.

If you give Helen a ring she will fix you up. I found her on here as this forum they are a member I think and a few people use them.

I'm already a Ltd. company. But I am the only director and because my salon isn't running and therefore has no accounts or trading history yet they're going by my credit history I think... :-(

lancashirelass - thank you! I will give her a call tomorrow and see if she can help me!

Did you have any luck with silverpay?

We've called them several times now, but other than being told they'll have to do a credit check (damn that's almost certainly meaning I won't get through), I've heard nothing back with regards to whether I've been accepted or not... I called to chase up but again no idea.

I will call again on Monday and hope they can give me some sort of response by then. My Hubby actually made the calls on my behalf (I have very severe Telephonophobia and although I can answer calls if I absolutely HAVE too, I just can't make them no matter what the circumstances...) so I will ask him for more details of what they said as I forgot to ask exactly what's going on and what the time scales will be.

Hi
Did you speak to Helen she is the person you need to speak to.

I went with them previously as I hadnt got a business bank account and they seemed pretty good and I got mine straight away.

I have now returned it and have just signed up for a virtual terminal with paypal

No we didn't speak to Helen - apparently she left over a year ago... We spoke to someone with a name beginning with M my Hubby thinks...

Originally they said we could use their master merchant account or they could apply for a merchant account on our behalf (which we believe with my credit history is unlikely to be approved). Then the second bloke we spoke to said that the only type of business they were allowed to use their master account for now was taxi companies, so he needed to find out from the original lady (who's name began with M) what she was planning to arrange for us... :(

Hopefully when we phone back on Monday they'll have a solution but I'm not holding my breath at this point and still panicking! LOL Hopefully the bloke we spoke to last (who admitted he was new) just got it wrong and they can offer us the service with the master merchant account...

I'm sure Lloyds do one???? they offered it me and I have bad credit.

Hi there. i recently got a card facility from Barclays. I had been worried as they had turned me down previously but the guy was really nice and understanding. He talked me through everything, looked at the options and got me set up and running. It makes such a difference to NOT just talk to a call centre where they read from a script. He is totally cool for me to pass his number on. if anyone can help, he can. His name is Mike Strachan and his direct number is 07901 557337.:lol:

so did you go with silverpay? i was told about them from someone else and they seem really good and beat barclays who i do my business banking with, just wondered how you got on and if you have your machine yet, how long it all takes etc x

I am going with Silverpay! I haven't got my machine yet, I am just waiting to pay the deposit for it now (I ran out of money!) but will hopefully have it by next week at the latest, if not the weekend!

I have been chasing the company I ordered a PDQ machine for nearly two weeks, they kept telling me it was fine and I'd be approved and finally told me today that it is not and I can't have it. :(

I have a really poor credit history, including a CCJ. I can't get a merchant account anywhere (although I do have a business bank account with Lloyds)... I'm really panicking as I open on the 2nd November and the previous owners of this salon told me that 80% of their takings were credit cards and I'm really worried about what to do...

Does anyone know of a company that will help me get a merchant account and PDQ machine with REALLY poor credit history? Or have any other idea's of ways I can take credit card payments...???

I've tried calling a few others but they just say they can't help me. I'm really panicking now.
Maybe you could try Santander, I opened a business account with them, and they work with Streamline, and I got an account with both. I had been living in Greece and had no credit history in the Uk so struggled getting a company. Streamline are a good company and the set up was quick and easy.. Jack

Barclaycard all the way. As i said, call the guy i used. He will sort you out and save you money. You get different deals from different people.:)

Why pay joining fees when you don't have to???

Be careful. Try to avoid banks that contract out for their merchant services. I found in the past that this meant the bank was not much help when there was a problem. Then i contacted the processor to find they weren't much help as they didn't supply the terminal. I was once left for 2 weeks without a terminal. I went with Barclays, everything under one roof, very simple. The guy i got everything through sorted everything over the phone, sent out the forms, i signed them, returned them, job done. I once had a hardware problem, called the help desk in the morning and a new machine was sent out the same day. Brilliant service. Oh and the pricing was about the best i found too! Also the contracts are only 18 months so great there too. The guy i spoke to was Mike Strachan and his number was 07901 557337. He was quite happy for me to hand it out so anybody looking for a great deal, call him. Seems like a nice guy too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back