Oh hell, what's going to happen?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Blossom,
You're welcome, do not worry I have done this before and it turned out fine (not that I'd advocate removing cuticle away with Scrubfresh as cuticle away is caustic and you don't want to leave that hanging around on the skin for too long!)
But if a problem does arise, at least you know what has caused it and you can rectify for the client easily. Be honest and say you missed a step, Ive done things like this a lot, wiping with DSolve instead of DSperse and forgetting to cure my top coat to name a few, my clients just laugh at me, you do these things day in day out to the point where it becomes automatic then some days I complete a Shellac but can't remember any of the steps I've done to get there, and worry all night about whether I used Scrubfresh or not lol.

Yep thats how we do it, regular Shellac clients will have less cuticle to worry about then first timers or non regular Manicure/Shellac clients.

So its:
P for performing manicure wet using cuticle away or dry carefully using your cuticle tools.
E eliminating surface contaminants,

by scrubbing the nail with
ScrubFresh™ and a lint-free pad, srub like you are removing red nail polish from a nail.
P – Purify nail plate layers with ScrubFresh, which will remove oil and debris from the nail plate. Also paying attention to the underside of the free edge of the nail.

The worst that will happen is your Shellac may not last as long, but I bet you will never forget it again. :Kissing:

Thanks Ruth that's great, I was thinking that if a client came regularly there probably wouldn't be the build up so that's great clarification x

When I did my training we were taught to buff to a shine before applying shellac then when it was removed u would still have the shine underneath is that right?

When I did my training we were taught to buff to a shine before applying shellac then when it was removed u would still have the shine underneath is that right?

I don't remember anything about that on my course.

But a lady I had in today had been buffed to a shine before her last Shellac application at a local salon.

??

You do not buff to a shine before applying Shellac. You do not buff at all. I do not believe a CND ambassador taught anyone to buff to a shine ... It is not protocol with Shellac.

You do not buff to a shine before applying Shellac. You do not buff at all. I do not believe a CND ambassador taught anyone to buff to a shine ... It is not protocol with Shellac.

Geeg,

The trainer my comany had also told us to buff to a shine as it "makes their nails look like they are healthy after you soak off."
Personally after being previously trained by another cnd rep, I thought this woman was an idiot. My coworkers all buff, its annoying.

Oopsie im tired I got the remove right lol.
x

Just curious... What would happen if scrub fresh was forgotten?! When I was first trained I forgot once but it was only on my sister, thought I'd learned that lesson as been doing shellac months now & not forgotten.. Until this wk! Argh I was distracted talking to my client. I'm now stressing over it as only realised after appointment! I'm guessing cos the nails haven't been dehydrasized, they wont last as long? Anybody else ever forget to scrubfresh? The good thing with this client is she booked another appt for after 1 week as wants a colour change to match an outfit! x

I to was taught to use cuticle away on my course, really confused as to whether I should use it or not.

I did my course a couple of weeks ago and was told to always use Cuticle away??

So confusing.....

I wasn't just going by what I could see. She told me, because I'd made a point of saying that with Shellac, there wasn't any filing at all on top of the nail. Maybe the previous application was by someone who hadn't done a course in Shellac

I was defiantly told by a CND ambassador to buff to a shine...

Latest posts

Back