Oh no!!! Will my insurance cover me??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatsClaws

Reaction score
Sorry if this topic has already been covered! I'm using my blackberry as my laptop has broken and can't seem to find the search option!

I am in the process of moving house and just spilt monomer all over my new tv stand and its now got a light patch all over it! The tv will cover up most of it but it still looks awful!!!

Has anybody had a similar accident? Shall I try and claim on my house insurance or my ABT nail tech insurance??? Or is it easier to just spend £120 on a new one?? I've never claimed on insurance before so have no idea if things like this are covered or not!

Boyf is giving me the silent treatment so thought I'd ask around for some advice!!!

Thanks
Xx

I think you should claim on your house insurance first. You weren't working so I can't see how the nail tech. insurance would work.

House ins...thats what Accidental Damage is for....you will be fine xx

however your excess could possibly be around the price of a new one as my house insurance excess is £100 so really if yours was the same it wouldnt be worth it as you'd only get £20. so check your excess first :)

I agree it may not be worth your while claiming on house insurance as you will lose your no claims, so you'll probably be worse off than if you just buy a new one. Or just try to disguise the damage on the one you have if thats possible.

I recently enquired with my house insurance about a water leak, and while I was on the phone asked about a damaged sofa I had (my son picked up my bottle of acetone and set it on the sofa arm... nice orange ring on my brown leather sofa!!)

Anyway, it would have cost my deductable (£100) and my rates would have increased slightly, but as the sofa was pretty beat up anyway I decided not to proceed. BUT... taught me a valuable lesson!

Every policy is different, so just ask your company.

In the meantime, can you cover the top of your stand with anything? A decorative cloth, mirror tiles, another piece of wood? I've got an old piece of laminate-type furniture (cheap flat pack) that I want to keep but it's the wrong colour - I was looking into painting it. Would that be something you could try?

I feel your pain! Let us know what the insurance company says.

I am new to hear but saw ABT on this thread and had to join and then comment. I doubt you would get anything from ABT. They are the worse insurance company ever, I am soon to take legal actiion against them and also go to all newspapers , even watchdog, they are gonna have a big shock soon ie misleading us poor beauty folk, they think we are dumb, well, not so! I will keep you all posted. Please DO NOT INSURE WITH THESE PEOPLE , check your policy and call them, to see IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY COVERED for your job!!!! Beth x

A cautionary tale indeed. Insurance varies greatly and it is always advisable to read the documents very carefully. We at BABTAC are more than happy to answer any questions regarding our policy as it stands up very well.

I do hope that you resolve your issues

Is there ANYONE out there who will insure for Brazilians I agree with some of the posts on here! So BABTAC and the Guild and anyone we have not heard of, WOULD YOU INSURE A 34 YEAR OLD MALE TO WAX A LADY DOWN THERE with 3 years standard waxing behind them after a day course in brazilians???? that was not acredited, are there any acredited courses for this?? because I for sure would not let a man or woman do a brazilian on me without, expereince ( i know you have to start somewhere), but what is the answer? I have not found ONE single course that meets my expectations.

A cautionary tale indeed. Insurance varies greatly and it is always advisable to read the documents very carefully. We at BABTAC are more than happy to answer any questions regarding our policy as it stands up very well.

I do hope that you resolve your issues

If you take a look at the Training Directory on www.beautyguild.com, you can search for a number of Guild accredited intimate waxing courses.

Hi, thank you I did look at the site but there are 100s of companys listed, I did complete the form for advanced search but we would travel anywhere and so postcode part is not an option, I would imagine either there are 1 or 2 or none that do an advanced intimate hair removal course that is in depth enough to warrant an accreditation. Hope you can shed light on this issue.

If you do the postcode search it will give you a long list of courses, with the closes listed first, so you can look further afield if you want to. There are a number of intimate waxing courses which are accredited. You may have to search for 'Brazilian' or 'Hollywood' as a course name rather than 'Intimate Waxing' as I believe this is what most are listed.

Latest posts

Back