Oil before waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowy_sk

Reaction score
Hello, I've read a few times that putting a tiny amount of oil on the skin before waxing is a good idea as it stops the wax sticking to the skin..... Can anyone recommend which type of oil I should be using? Do I need to use a specific type? Thanks x

Just use a tiny drop of your normal after-wax oil

Hello, I've read a few times that putting a tiny amount of oil on the skin before waxing is a good idea as it stops the wax sticking to the skin..... Can anyone recommend which type of oil I should be using? Do I need to use a specific type? Thanks x

The brand of wax you use should have their oil. I use Perron Rigot and they have Jasmine Oil.

Outback organics do a pre wax oil spray you can use to sprits the area then pat down to remove excess!
Available from creative academy Manchester check out there fb and website :)

Most wax brands have an oil in their range that you can use. I use the PR jasmine oil. If you contact Thalgo they will send you out a free sample so you can try it out.
If you don't have any at the moment and wanted to try wax with oil you could use a little baby oil. The thing to bear in mind is that you only need the tiniest amount on the skin.

Latest posts

Back