OK not sure what to do now, I could scream!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
I'm currently setting up a home salon and my room is very small and I've tried to be wise with my choices when purchasing items so for instance I got a nail desk that folds Down and a cupboard that holds everything I need and the rest will be going on shelving. My main problem is a chair/seat for doing pedi and minx, the room
Is not big enough to have a couch in here and someone suggested a tub chair which was a great idea, I found one with a foot stool. I've just got it and it's bigger than I thought, there is ways round it as I can fold table down and move bits out that I won't be needing when doing pedis but I did plan on only bringing the tub chair in the my room when I needed it and keeping it else where when i dont problem being its wider than I thought and it's a struggle to fit through door way. I'm
Going to have to get something else but I really don't know what!! Can anyone help??

I feel your pain. I am in the same position in that I don't have room for an extra pedi chair. At the moment I have a high backed office type chair and my pedi stool which has a foot rest sticking out. If I line all of these up it near enough goes from one wall to the other!

I will watch this thread with interest.

I feel your pain. I am in the same position in that I don't have room for an extra pedi chair. At the moment I have a high backed office type chair and my pedi stool which has a foot rest sticking out. If I line all of these up it near enough goes from one wall to the other!

I will watch this thread with interest.

It's driving me mad! My room
Is only 5.5ft by 8ft so a couch is a no no and I really thought this chair would work but it's not :( an its really comfy and handy with the footstool.

I don't mind keeping chair in another part of the house and bringing in when I need it but it's to wide for doorway

Thought I would add some photos so you can see the space or lack of that I have to work with. Please ignore the state of the room the builder starts this wk :0)
I cant even stand in room and get a full shot so have moved around and taken it in 3 photos

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336416678.289754.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336416678.289754.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 436
Seemed to have missed the other 2 photos off

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336416984.064194.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336416984.064194.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 391
Cant you move the radiator and then place a chair in that corner?
x

Blimey, that is small!

Are you saying you could not fit a couch in at all? I have seen a picture somewhere where a couch has been used as a manicure table, width ways obviously and lowered. Is that, and getting rid of the table an option?

or get that cubored on a wall bracket or somthing? x

Sorry to butt in on your thread and not be much help but where did you get your table from???

You can buy pedicure stools - would that not do the trick?

What about if you get a high backed swivel chair for the client which can be used for both nails and pedi, move the heater under the window and you should be able to fit in a pedi-stool.

I use my couch as my manicure table. It works well for me!! Which means I can do all my treatments pedi/ mani/facial/ waxing/eyelash next etc using the one piece of salon furniture hth..Jackie x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Oooo I love that brick wall. Don't let the builder cover that! You could add stepped shelving along the lines of the bricks, that would look so cool! As for your predicament, I'd just get a squishy chair that isn't too big. x

Cant you move the radiator and then place a chair in that corner?
x

It will only be used winter months so that will be packed up but the problem is what chair ?

Blimey, that is small!

Are you saying you could not fit a couch in at all? I have seen a picture somewhere where a couch has been used as a manicure table, width ways obviously and lowered. Is that, and getting rid of the table an option?

No room not big rough for couch as door to outside and into house are central and with a couch being 6th and room 8ft long and 5.5ft depth
We do plan on knocking down and having something bigger up but that's not an opinion right now

or get that cubored on a wall bracket or somthing? x

The cupboard is tall and heavy so not an option and don't want to get rid of it as it hold everything ie minx lamp cleaning fluids etc

Sorry to butt in on your thread and not be much help but where did you get your table from???

You can buy pedicure stools - would that not do the trick?

I personally got that table from eBay but you can get them from several places online ranging from 160 to 200 odd.

Oooo I love that brick wall. Don't let the builder cover that! You could add stepped shelving along the lines of the bricks, that would look so cool! As for your predicament, I'd just get a squishy chair that isn't too big. x

Sorry brickwork going.
When I've been looking for a chair I wanted one that was Comfy for client and not going to put to much strain on my back/neck and suitable for doing minx

I use the poang chair from ikea clients love it! X

I use the poang chair from ikea clients love it! X

Just borrowed my dad pong chair to see how it got in but it's over posing the spare, but thanks for the idea

Right what about this ?
It's something I have been toying with for ages but just worried I will pay out and it not work in the space. I know it won't fit in all the time but that's going to be the case what ever I get.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336474609.665777.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336474609.665777.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 113
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336474621.057181.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336474621.057181.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Back