Olaplex on scalp - Contacted them again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satchel

Reaction score
I re-read my email that I'd sent about using with cream bleach and realized I hadn't made it crystal clear that I would be using Olaplex also for on scalp clients.

So I sent another email today asking about what formula to use for on scalp and they responded don't bump up the developer for on scalp. Glad I asked again.

But now that I have all of my clients down to a volume 10 with on scalp bleach, I'm thinking I'll have to experiment with Olaplex and cannot use as much as the directions and video say for non on scalp.

Has anyone here used it on scalp yet?

It's interesting isn't it, I saw Tracy Cunningham say the same thing but she was talking about not bumping the developer when using 20vol.

I wonder if it is because the heat from the scalp will mean the lift isn't reduced as much or they don't want people using too strong developers on the scalp, because I don't think they say a maximum strength for on the scalp application.

I would have thought it would lift very slowly with 10vol, if so maybe you could go up to 15vol or use a 10+20vol mix if they don't make that developer in that line.

Keep us posted how it goes when you try it! BTW nice to see you back here :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back