Old foods that you miss!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss the beef and mustard large hula hoops! Wish they still did them

Yes the purple wonka chocolate was amazing!

When I was about 5 or 6 1995/96 I loved this packet pasta stuff that was space themed but I can't remember the name of it. You could get a creamy one or a tomato one and it was the best stuff ever. I wish I could remember the name and get it brought back again. Nobody seems to have any recollection of this product though :(

The yoghurts you could get in Safeway that had Lego on the bottom! The old sunny D, taz devil bars xxx

Nutty bars. Loved them
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

Nutty bars. Loved them
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

I still think about these!
I would prefer these to any kind of chocolate. Wish they'd bring then back as you can't get anything even remotely similar

Walls bang ice cream lollies. Pink popping candy chocolate around a chocolate ice cream with a popping candy paste centre. Stopped doing them yearsssss ago. I loved them.

Krunchy fries crisp. Bacon flavour! I used to but 5 packs from the vending machine at school and stuff them up my jumper and sneak them in all my lessons Mmm. Those were the days ha xx

Bec 💅

PACERS!!!

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

And Ringo's now I think of it

BeautybyBec I did exactly the same with the Bacon Krunchy Fries at school, miss them so much!

I also miss the cheesy buttons looked a bit like cheese savouries shapes but all round and full of air, think they were from sainsburys.

And cadburys Top Deck but pleased to see the new christmas bar is similar :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Trio chocolate bars, chocolate pretzels (not the ones out now as they don't taste the same), 2p chocolates in coloured foil & golf ball bubblegum. All very unhealthy stuff ;-)
Oh and Heinz baked bean pizza!! Yum.

Heinz baked beans pizza!!! Yess!!! I buy four cheese pizza ftom asda and pour a tin of beans over it, delish!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's all crisps and sweets by the looks of it.

Mine is different. I miss all the yummy things M&S bring out and then suddenly discontinue. Like Bang Bang Chicken, that was a lovely ready meal. They also did a great duck dish which didn't come with orange sauce but something else which was delish. The list goes on but I won't bore you with it.

Instead I will bore you with Aussie foods I can't get here like Twisties. Or a proper hamburger from a hot food shop. None of those frozen 20p patties over there mate! Pick your toppings from bacon, egg, pineapple, beetroot, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions. you name it, they have it.

I miss the hot chicken shops where you can get the best chicken, chips and gravy in the world and I'm sorry but the UK fish and chip shops are rubbish. Two choices of fish, one way to cook it? Everything battered. yuck! What the hell is that? I want grilled barramundi and a portion of crumbed (fresh, not frozen!) calamari and maybe some fresh (yes, really FRESH!) oysters or prawns. :cry:

And meat pies. I wouldn't touch one over here with a barge pole. Revolting. Havent had one for 14 years. Back home they actually make them with real meat, no grizzle.

And can I find an authentic Thai restaurant over here? Oh yes, millions of Thai restaurants, all utter crap. None of them do the "real" thing. Very disappointing. Yet to find a proper Laksa from a Malaysian restaurant. Those ready meal Laksa's you can get in the supermarkets are junk. Nothing at all like a Laksa.

Rant over. Very upset now. going to make a coffee.

Last edited:
It's all crisps and sweets by the looks of it.

Mine is different. I miss all the yummy things M&S bring out and then suddenly discontinue. Like Bang Bang Chicken, that was a lovely ready meal. They also did a great duck dish which didn't come with orange sauce but something else which was delish. The list goes on but I won't bore you with it.

Instead I will bore you with Aussie foods I can't get here like Twisties. Or a proper hamburger from a hot food shop. None of those frozen 20p patties over there mate! Pick your toppings from bacon, egg, pineapple, beetroot, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions. you name it, they have it.

I miss the hot chicken shops where you can get the best chicken, chips and gravy in the world and I'm sorry but the UK fish and chip shops are rubbish. Two choices of fish, one way to cook it? Everything battered. yuck! What the hell is that? I want grilled barramundi and a portion of crumbed (fresh, not frozen!) calamari and maybe some fresh (yes, really FRESH!) oysters or prawns. :cry:

And meat pies. I wouldn't touch one over here with a barge pole. Revolting. Havent had one for 14 years. Back home they actually make them with real meat, no grizzle.

And can I find an authentic Thai restaurant over here? Oh yes, millions of Thai restaurants, all utter crap. None of them do the "real" thing. Very disappointing. Yet to find a proper Laksa from a Malaysian restaurant. Those ready meal Laksa's you can get in the supermarkets are junk. Nothing at all like a Laksa.

Rant over. Very upset now. going to make a coffee.

This made me laugh...thank you. May I ask why you're in the UK if it disgusts you so much? :)

This made me laugh...thank you. May I ask why you're in the UK if it disgusts you so much? :)

Not for the food, that's for sure! I love everything else about it though. I love the history, the landscape, the great outdoors, the culture, my husband (English), the opportunities, the education and the proximity to Europe for even more culture. It's only the food that disgusts me. Will have to learn to cook it all myself.

What is a BatPhone? Xx

Laura x

Not for the food, that's for sure! I love everything else about it though. I love the history, the landscape, the great outdoors, the culture, my husband (English), the opportunities, the education and the proximity to Europe for even more culture. It's only the food that disgusts me. Will have to learn to cook it all myself.

It's not world class, I'll give you that. And I'm not partial myself to fried everything lol. Glad there's something good going for us though haha!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 107
Used to love those Penny Sweets you could get, especially White Mice:D

Lemon and Scampi Nik Naks!!

I miss Astro's, they were a bit like crispy M&Ms but bigger. I mention them to everyone and no one remembers. XD

Latest posts

Back