Older skin-getting married!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
Ok, I'm 43, I'm getting married next January aged 44yrs 5months. My fiancé is going to be nearly 36yrs when we marry. I have greasy skin and still get spots and have milia but have some saggy skin and look tired (I am!!!!) used to worship the sun but not for the last 3yrs. i do have some pigmentation. What can I do in the next 9 months to help me look brighter, fresher and not so tired that won't make me greasier and spotty? please? thank you

Get a good skincare range .I think Decleor is especially good in your age bracket and look at non surgical facelift ie Caci or similar.

Ok, I'm 43, I'm getting married next January aged 44yrs 5months. My fiancé is going to be nearly 36yrs when we marry. I have greasy skin and still get spots and have milia but have some saggy skin and look tired (I am!!!!) used to worship the sun but not for the last 3yrs. i do have some pigmentation. What can I do in the next 9 months to help me look brighter, fresher and not so tired that won't make me greasier and spotty? please? thank you

Try Dermalogica age smart range if your suffering with pigmentation the Multi vitamin power serum is fantastic x

Get into the habit of a good skincare routine. Since I started college (mature student) I have started to cleanse, tone and moisturise and I have no milia, my skin tone looks better, no blackheads either.

I am only using the Kaeso range, which I love, and it's not too pricey.

Oh, and congratulations! Hope you are enjoying the organisation of your wedding.

Environ. Result driven skincare, the results are amazing for pigmentation and all the other issues you have, combined with CACI you can't fail to see the results. I work closely with both have a look at the gallery page on my website and the newest Caci result picture on the home page so you can get an idea of what can be achieved.
www.thebeautybistro.co.uk

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Virtues i love the name of your salon!

Right back to the op. Congratulations on your wedding. As others have said a good skincare routine and a course of facials. I always recommend a course of peels followed by a course of pampering/ relaxing facials. This will give you great results and a good detox of the skin too. Also its lovely that you havent left it to the last minute like a lot of brides so its hugely achievable to have the best skin possible before your wedding.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Try diamond dermabrasion by chromapeel lovely soft glowing skin x I think product wise both that have been advised are brilliant but dermalogica has that edge with that skin type I feel xxx:p

I would definitely recommend Environ. It will give you brighter glowing skin and the vitamin A will help balance and control oil, plus smooth texture. Also, even if you can't make several facials between now and the wedding, do try an Environ Ionzyme facial at least a week before the date. It will freshen your skin and the results will last a few days.

Hi

I don't know if you can find any in your area, but I had a number of face peels, along with a collagen wave treatment which I have subsequently had 4 (3 peels + collagen wave, 1 collagen wave on its own).

Being honest, I am at beauty therapist but now at 45, I thought I would never find the "nirvana" of skin care that I wanted, I have Roseacea, enlarge pores and having Chrons find it difficult with vegetables.. It seriously impressed me. It's not cheap, but I find if you do the 2 together they are usually cheaper and in all honesty, I wouldn't have another wave without the peel.

These are serious peels, the first is quite gentle but on the 3rd I was shedding skin 7/10 days later, although this is obviously good as it's bringing the new cells to the surface,I was on a long distance flight and with the air humidity was just slapping moisturiser on.
Have a look at some research.... I live in Essex and the lady that performed mine worked with the doctor who invented the machine (apparently).

Good luck with your own nirvana and as much as Amanda Holden irritates me, she is a big fan (obvs along with Botox & fillers).

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek app

I would definitely go with Diamond Microdermabrasion along with Dermalift Micro-current non surgical facial treatment.
We use Eve Taylor products in our salon and they are amazing and affordable. Congratulations and good luck!! xx

Latest posts

Back