Omg have you seen that 10 minute lightener ad with Claudia Schiffer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
Yes , truly , you really can have perfectly lightened hair even beautiful and shiny like Claudia Schiffers in 10 mins! ( it would at least take me 20 mins to put the stuff on!) Dont know who makes this product , but i hate to think what it has got in it , feel lots of orange heads coming my way -ALL GOOD!
It cant work really? can it? (possibly if you are base 9 natural and fast)

Are people really stupid enough to think she does her own colour out of a box in her bathroom?

They are?

I feel lots of correction work coming my way too!!!!

surely this should come under trades description act? it really bugs me that cheryl cole is trying to convince me that she goes round asda, sees elvive and said oh ill give that a bash....wow my hair feels great maybe ill call them up and offer to advertise it for them cos i love it so much????

this is one of my biggest bug bears...but as you say with the colour ones it gives us more work in the long run!!!!!

i can here it now..."ive got orange roots and black ends...i dont know how that happened..."

There is too many people that believe they can get their hair the colour that is on the front of the box. What they probably don't state is that it is intended for natural blonde hair, probably a level 9 or 10.

Does anyone know what volume peroxide they use in these blonde 'home' hair colours? I think it is probably 10Vol, I know they arent very strong which is why there is so many people walking around with orange hair.

Kimi, I second what you say about the Elvive advert adverised by Cheryl Cole. The reason her hair looks so nice is because it is extensions not because she uses Elvive. They are false advertising. One of my friends who has dry hair has tried that shampoo 'Cheryl uses' and it made her hair like straw! x

When see these ads I just think money in my pocket...eventually! The worst ones are those 'put a colour on and paint one on the top with a brush' dealies. When they first came out they bought me a lot of colour correction work. Nice orange highlights! :)

Box colour are much much stronger than the stuff we use!! Think about the wide range of base colours it has to work on!

I can always tell when someone has used a home colour as the hair always has a soft chewy feel. Ya can't fool a persianista!

As for Cheryl Cole, she goes to urban retreat in Harrods. I was there when her extesionist bought her hair. She has top grade Russian virgin. Monofibre my ass.

Bet my last 50p that she doesnt use that elvive rubbish either. I don't think they sell it in Harrods.

Box colour are much much stronger than the stuff we use!! Think about the wide range of base colours it has to work on!

I can always tell when someone has used a home colour as the hair always has a soft chewy feel. Ya can't fool a persianista!

I know what you mean about the chewy feel! Box colours seem to be very harsh on the hair. I didn't think the peroxide was very strong though as it never lifts past the orange/ginger shade even on virgin hair.

I've seen too many home dyes gone wrong and people with badly damaged hair from using box dyes so there must be some harsh ingredients in them.

I remember one of my clients using the Schwarzkopf Live - Platinum Blonde and it turned her hair very white, like bleach. It must have been a very strong peroxide. x

Oh yes, you can buy Jerome Russell bleach from the chemist and it's 40% volume and it tells you to leave it on for up to 90 mins :eek:

"rubbing hands together with glee"

I can feel a porche coming. heh heh

I have never seen a home colour attempt that I would have allowed out of my salon. Always patchy, tinged or orange. Goodness only knows why people think they look ok.

there are just some things i know i will never be poor enough for....

home dyes
and yukky shampoo, i feel sick washing hair that is herbal essense-y or head and shoulders *puke*

but at the end of the day, its our jobs to educate these people who just dont get it, and make some money from it in the process. i have a friend who is using head and shoulders at the mo cos the last salon she went to told her to put the shampoo on dry and scrub her head and of course its not foaming up so shes got about £40 worth of schwarzkopf stuff she isnt using because of this!!!! no wonder her colour wont last.....

Oh yes, you can buy Jerome Russell bleach from the chemist and it's 40% volume and it tells you to leave it on for up to 90 mins :eek:

I used to use that bleach about 12 year ago before I was qualified. I think I left mine on for 45 minutes. I got to say it is a very good bleach and it lifted my hair to the colour on the box. I bought the medium/dark one (40Vol / 12%) That is too strong to be applied on the roots but it doesnt state this on the box. x

Hi, it does annoy me when our own top Hairdressers put their names to DIY home colour / shampoo products

to me It feels like they are letting our professional trade down ,

I would love it if they demonstrated a beautiful hair colour and then said only available and performed by your professional hairdresser ,

Also there are some horrible heavy barbering tools on the market with celeb faces advertising them ,
they were always being bought by the new students on the barbering courses because they were the cheaper option of the professional ones
but they could never be aligned properly even by the master college Tutor barber ,
and he he would despair every time he saw them coming out of the bags
they were so heavy and bulbous looking they were renowned for nicking and cutting around the necks and ears :eek:
what some celebs will do for a quick buck is very naughty :smack:
I guess some celeb hairdressers are only after the money .... or perhaps they actually do trust the product they advertise :rolleyes:

when im a celeb hairdresser i wont succomb to the demands of blooming tresemme or elvive or any of that rubbish...it just winds me up soooo much!!!!!! i wouldnt use half of it to wash my blooming windows with let alone my hair!!!

Isnt there one flogging head and shoulders at the mo? I use that to remove colour! Cleans the drains nicely too.

What annoys me more is the whole consumer side of all the colour houses. They want more annual spend from their salons, yet put their name to all the ****e in Boots.
It's an uphill battle for us when customers think the professional products we use, such as L'oreal, Wella, Schwartzkopf etc. is the same on the chemists shelf.

That's one thing I respect Goldwell for, only available in a salon! Too bad I like my Schwartzkof too much.

it really is jus shockin, i hate those adds to, i had a client come in who gets global blonde want put one o these 10 min blondes on and she came in with ginger roots and yellow midlenghts and white ends cos she "jus rubbed it right throo to freshen it up" i almost fainted. . .
correction was nice for the tills tho lol x

i just had one on the phone...

iv been dying my hair myself and its gone black so i keep putting light borwn on it and now my roots are light brown, ends are still black, so can u just lighten it...?

yes i can...its just so difficult to convince clients cos they think ur just money grabbing...

I too find all these ad's hilarious but I am amazed alot of these companys haven't been done under the trade desciption act. Does anyone really believe that if you use Elvive you will end up with hair like Cheryl Cole's ?????? My hair is similar to hers and that is because i have a head full of extensions and style it constantly, nothing to do with elivive lol

that fella on gmtv is always saying how to do a home dye kit!!:eek:
i'm like????????????????????? you moron!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Latest posts

Back