OMG I am so happy , first call from a non friend client today!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yadagi

Reaction score
Woop woop , just had to share with you all, but I had my very first ever call from a lady local to me who googled Shellac in my area and found my website.:eek:

She liked the look of it , and has booked for next month.

I can't believe it !! my website works, google works !!
I had to resist the temptation to offer her a discount as she is my first , I am so bad at charging people and would do all freebies if I was rich.

:biggrin:

Sorry had to share as who else is really going to understand ?

Woop woop , just had to share with you all, but I had my very first ever call from a lady local to me who googled Shellac in my area and found my website.:eek:

I had to resist the temptation to offer her a discount as she is my first , I am so bad at charging people and would do all freebies if I was rich.

Aw brill hun, I know it's so exciting having your first proper client! I still remember mine, she was a walk in for a facial and I was running all around as I wasnt prepared! Hopefully your client will spread the word and you'll have loads more coming your way!

Dont give a discount though haha, once you start that they expect it and never pay the full amount :rolleyes: xxx

Congratulations!!!! Please let us know how it turns out.

Congratulations, thats ace. I remember getting my first call from a client that i didnt know. I was actually shaking by the time i'd finished. Its a big confidence boost though when you know that all your hard work with adverts/websites etc has paid off. Onwards and upwards! Let us know how the treatment goes x

Congratulations!!

My first call is my most loyal and regular customer :) make sure you make the best impression you can by being as great as you are! :)
She still won't look in the mirror when I've done a treatment on her because she trusts me, makes me so nervous but it's always fine haha.

Let us know how it goes x

P.s. I'd say good luck but you don't need it :)

Thank you thank you thank you ,

You are right , I was shaking when I got off the phone , thank God I was at home , and had my appointment book to hand and managed to write all her details down, and she sounded so nice.!

And Yes I am hoping she will recommend me as she said some of her friends have had Shellac before . And the fact that she chose me rather than the girls very close to me who does it too, and who's website always come up above mine .

Yes I will do my best to make her feel really welcome, and I will text her the day before to remind her, and tell her I am looking forward to meeting her.

I will let you all know . Thanks again , this site all you lovely geeks have helped me so much . xxx:Love:

woohoo! this is awesome! congratulations :)

Well done hun :) let it be the first of many xx

Thank you again ladies,

I have spent so many sleepless nights tossing and turning wondering if my new career will take off, now I'll be awake all night as I am so excited . :biggrin:

Well done :biggrin: It's such a nice feeling isnt it (only recently happened to me too). Onwards and upwards!!!! :wink2:

Thank you Elaine , and well done you .
Have you done your first lady yet? How did you feel and did it go well . Hope so xx

Congratulations!! Let us know how it goes! :)

Well done ...x

Aw thats fantastic. I have my 1st non friend client tonight too. She contacted me via my facebook page.

Its my 1st mobile client and i am so nervous. Ive already packed my bits when i got up at 5.30am:eek:

Aw thats fantastic. I have my 1st non friend client tonight too. She contacted me via my facebook page.

Its my 1st mobile client and i am so nervous. Ive already packed my bits when i got up at 5.30am:eek:
aan , please let me know how it went , I'm sure it will go really well, but I will be waiting to hear from you .

Oh and GOOD LUCK :biggrin:

Yadagi,

It did go really well Thank you. But my only worry is she told me half way through that she used to do nails herself :eek: and worked in a salon. Now im not worried about my application etc everything i do on the night as i know its fine.

But im worried about her nails as they grow out as im not brilliant at acrylics and sometimes i get slight lifting near the cuticles. Ive just been following the motto "fake it until you make it". But im now worried she may complain or never come back.

I really wish i knew someone who i could get extra training with down here in the south i use Nsi but the manchester academy is so far away.

Let us know how your client goes. Wish you the best of luck. x

Last edited:
Well done Aan, and don't worry about anything until you have something to worry about.

I'm sure she will be happy, you would have got vibes off her if she wasn't . Hope she come back and recommends you .

Exciting times ahead! :biggrin: xx

Thank you Elaine , and well done you .
Have you done your first lady yet? How did you feel and did it go well . Hope so xx

Hi Yadagi - my very first non friend/family client was a bad nail biter and she wanted a full set of sculpts. It was actually quite a hot day and I was very nervous, so was a bit sweaty (lovely!!). It went well, she seemed happy, but I did have to go back the following day to redo one of the thumbs as it came off (that was a first for me). I haven't heard back from her for removal though, which I kind of expected as I had a hunch she'd be a picker!
Since then I've had 4 new clients, which have all re-booked :biggrin: I think once you get that first couple of appointments out of the way, you get more confident and relaxed and are able to concentrate on what your doing rather than worry about nerves. It's also a great confidence boost when they re-book as you know they must be happy with the service your providing.

Hope your getting on well x

Hello lovely geeks,

The day finally came, and my new client was the most loveliest friendliest lady I could have wished for .

Everything went really well, apart from me talking too much and forgetting to cure the base coat!!!

I realised after the second nail was painted that it was slipping off the free edge, and wiped it all off, and re applied.....luckily she saw the funny side of it.:lol:
The lovely thing was that her friend has been having Shellac for a few months now and she has seen the improvement it has made to her friends nails so she was counting down the days to her appointment with me, and really looking forward to having them Shellac'd.

She also bought a Solar Oil, and took flyers and cards, and gave me a tip !!! and will re-book hopefully in a few weeks time after she see's how her nails last.
Hope you are all doing really well out there. xxxx

Hello lovely geeks,

The day finally came, and my new client was the most loveliest friendliest lady I could have wished for .

Everything went really well, apart from me talking too much and forgetting to cure the base coat!!!

I realised after the second nail was painted that it was slipping off the free edge, and wiped it all off, and re applied.....luckily she saw the funny side of it.:lol:
The lovely thing was that her friend has been having Shellac for a few months now and she has seen the improvement it has made to her friends nails so she was counting down the days to her appointment with me, and really looking forward to having them Shellac'd.

She also bought a Solar Oil, and took flyers and cards, and gave me a tip !!! and will re-book hopefully in a few weeks time after she see's how her nails last.
Hope you are all doing really well out there. xxxx

Aww that's great, well done sweetie!
Rhiannon x

Latest posts

Back