OMG I've just melted my CND UV lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilenailsbfd

Reaction score
I just finished doing some nail art on a client and noticed some glitter and additives on the top of my lamp. I grabbed a mundo wipe that I thought had dsperse on and gave it a rub.

My pad started to stick to the plastic and u could smell a horrible burning smell, it was then I realised it wasnt dsperse it was dsolve! I'd used to take clear polish off her daughter while clients were curing earlier :(

It's desolved the shiney top layer of the casing and feels rough. Tip to geeks always check what's on your wipe.

Boo hoo hoo :(

Oh no, that's not good. I have done it also but my my scrubfresh leaked in my car and melted the top of my lamp so can no longer get the top off :sad:

awwww , we have all melted something at some point ,
give it a buff over with a white block it will feel nicer , then maybe stick some 3d flowers ? paint over it ? stickers ? some bling crystals ?

I turned the top of mine fuzzy after leaving a scrubfreshed wipe on it.
I now have a new lamp from my course so I use the old one for doing colour pops and practicing gel.
New one is nice and shiney but a hard lesson we have both learnt. :hug:
Vicki x

Last edited:
Yes I think im a serial burner. I've already burnt the bottom of one of my bags due to not putting a top back on my large bottles properly then it falling over in the car! Didn't damage the car thank god but the smell Knocks me out a bit when everytime i open the boot :S

i think we've all done it :-( xx

awwww , we have all melted something at some point ,
give it a buff over with a white block it will feel nicer , then maybe stick some 3d flowers ? paint over it ? stickers ? some bling crystals ?

Spoken like a true, experienced, and seasoned veteran in the business of nails!! :))
I loved your response!!

I've done that with acetone on my massage bed... saw a little dot of polish so rubbed in acetone... Just a little is enough to take off the coating on the bed :(

x

A few weeks ago, I accidentally spilt 90% of CND NailFresh on one of my hand painted Nesting tables! It stripped the whole surface of the table off and bubbled up and dried within seconds. It has now a crusty ugly surface I am still angry with myself!

I have been saving up and waiting to get a spa trolley to keep my things so in the mean time I had to us these precious tables. I was howling in pain when this happened but at least I didnt kill the wood floor or something.

Me with nail polish remover on out DINING ROOM TABLE! Hubby not happy.lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

I ruined my CND lamp too :sad: On my nail station my menda pump with scrubfresh was positioned next to the lamp, and one day I noticed that my shiny new lamp has marks on it as though someone has spilt white paint on it, then I realised that sometimes if you press your menda pump too fast it squirts out to the side and some had obviously gone on my lamp and then been left there to do its stuff. The lamp still works fine but its not shiney and new any more. My menda pump isnt next to the lamp any more!

In not the only one then :(

DP just came in from work and asked what's that smell? Must really stink! I tried to tell him it was just product but he walked off shaking his head muttering, no smells different, like burning :S

Whoops

I ruined my CND lamp too :sad: On my nail station my menda pump with scrubfresh was positioned next to the lamp, and one day I noticed that my shiny new lamp has marks on it as though someone has spilt white paint on it, then I realised that sometimes if you press your menda pump too fast it squirts out to the side and some had obviously gone on my lamp and then been left there to do its stuff. The lamp still works fine but its not shiney and new any more. My menda pump isnt next to the lamp any more!

Exactly the same thing happened to me :sad:

my friend melted mine, it was a new one just a week old, she took her nail polish off and then left the cotton pads on top of the lamp, by the time i noticed what she had done it was too late, :sad: could of killed her at the time but she was really apologetic.
Gonna have a go at blinging it up now though, thanks mizzy dizzy xx

I feel bad enough doing it myself but if someone else did it I think I'd have to do something I'd regret haha x

I have caps burnt into the top of mine now

Latest posts

Back