Omg, organics, suntana or la tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And me, also I've read a few posts without naming names, and company reps pretending there just a therapist!

Sam x
yeh at least I call my self Steve at Nouvatan on this site.. and i dont disguise the fact that i own a company that makes spray tan solution !
personally i think reps, recommending the solution they sell on here on every post is a bit out of order:irked:
i wont lie i have profited from my reputation on this site, and salon geek has been good to us as a company
But how many reps have changed companies from Puri-Tan to OMG Tantrick to V- anity sienna to pure indulgence ect
all offering advice because there being paid by a company to do it.and switching allegiance due to who fills there pockets :|

if i got all my reps to answer every post that was posted about spray tanning and i got them to recommend my solution i could also fill this site with links to my web site pages,
i offer loads of advice on here without advertising my company or posting web links, we train people who dont buy kits from us, we have hour long conversations with people who we know are not going to ever purchase anything from us,
WHY ? because its for the good of the industry,and we like to chat :hug:

Last edited:
yeh at least I call my self Steve at Nouvatan on this site.. and i dont disguise the fact that i own a company that makes spray tan solution or sells it,
personally i think reps, recommending the solution they sell on here on every post is a bit out of order:irked:
i wont lie i have profited from my reputation on this site, and salon geek has been good to us as a company
But how many reps have changed companies from Puri-Tan to OMG Tantrick to V- anity sienna to pure indulgence ect
all offering advice because there being paid by a company to do it.and switching allegiance due to who fills there pockets :|

if i got all my reps to answer every post that was posted about spray tanning and i got them to recommend my solution i could also fill this site with links to my web site pages,
i offer loads of advice on here without advertising my company or posting web links, we train people who dont buy kits from us, we have hour long conversations with people who we know are not going to ever purchase anything from us,
WHY ? because its for the good of the industry,and we like to chat :hug:

Steve I think you do a fantastic job of being up front and honest and I'm sure that in itself will get you custom. Your so helpfull and give honest unbiased advice.

I agree with you that it is getting a bit overrun with people pushing their solutions on any post that mentions tanning even if it's not asking for advice on solutions they seem to still turn the reply into a sales pitch.

Personally I use LA Tan and I use it because I like it as do my clients, I tried out lots of solutions and actually did a blind trial where my volunteers got 2 tans 2 weeks apart and they did not know what solutions they were being sprayed with, they filled out a little questionaire for me about the tan and I compared all the results and went with the solution that got the best feedback.

I thought this was the only real way of choosing a solution for my clients as after all it is them who will be paying for it & walking around wearing it so it had to be what they wanted.

I tried out loads of solutions and it took ages to do the trial but I do think it was worth it. I liked a few other solutions and if ever there was a problem with LA Tan I know the solutions I would trial again and the ones I would steer clear of.

The only way to know which solution is going to work for you is to try a sample and see what you think.

Everyone has their own opinion on what is the best solution for their client base. What works for one doesn't necessarily work for someone else. Every spray tanning therapist should first of all think about what kind of client base she has - i.e. young who like the "fake" look and therefore want something really dark. Or perhaps they are more concerned with not looking fake i.e. "natural" and want something that makes their friends tell them that they "look great - what is it?" We positioned Unreal to fit the bill for those not obviously looking "fake" but with a really good natural looking tan. That's not to say we don't do a dark tan (12%) but it may not be dark enough for some. At Unreal we use Ecocert Organic DHA in all our products containing DHA and we don't charge much more than some companies do for a solution which is not classified as Organic. Just because something claims to be "Organic" does not necessarily mean it is. The only European classification for Organic DHA is Ecocert. There is no USA FDA organic classification.

Most solution companies offer a Rapid Tan solution including Unreal. Depending on the specific formulation you will get differing results. It's down to choice at the end of the day and what your clients' like.

You have to try differing solutions yourself to understand the quality and difference in solutions. You need to be looking at longevity, fade, rub off, smell, end colour and customer service. I don't believe enough therapists take all these things into consideration when they ask for a "free" sample. Most don't even try them or if they do they don't know which one they've sprayed on whom. You need to set yourself apart from your competition not just use the same products as everyone else on the high street. How else do your clients make the decision to come to you and not another spray tanner? Clients' don't just base their decision on price. You need to differentiate yourself by your standards and your products and therefore you need to work that out for yourself not just follow the crowd. Raise your game over the rest.

Liz

Thats odd you had a problem with the lasting and fade off with OMG.
Although I work for them I also use the solution in the salon. My collegaue gets sprayed with 16% every thursday. Fade off is fine and not patchy at all which means she can get sprayed every week. And theres also still a bit of colour there.
Whereas before when I used Sienna X she could only get a tan every 2 weeks as after a week its not all off and a little bit patchy still so we need to wait till its all off before respraying!
Plus all my girls who have had a sienna x with me all say omg is far better for the lasting and fade off!

I find it equally odd that you have any problems with sienna x, but its each to their own I guess.

I totally agree with Steve of Nouvatan, the blatant advertising is getting really tired. Great long Essays written by those reps make me want to avoid those companies tbh!

I have really pale skin and the organics 8% is perfect for me. Does anyone know where I can get a list of salons that do this tan in Scotland? xxx

If you contact Colin at WOW factor he will know which salons or mobile therapist use the solution and be able to point you in the right direction.

i would go for tantrick they are brill so far they have a 5% 8% 10& 12%

Great soultion love it

Latest posts

Back