Omg, organics, suntana or la tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breezy

Reaction score
hey there peeps,

ok so tried a few solutions and still unsure which is the best solution.

So I am finding sienna abit too orangey.

Which of the companies above is more of a natural colour?????

i spray tan men and i find its not a natural colour too orange for an 8%
please please please help.!!

also is there a colour chart you can buy to explain to people the colour they want to be???? thanks

Hi Breezy :)

There are so many spray tan solutions out there and every salon owner has their own preference. So it is best to sample a few brands and see what one works best for you.

When it comes to spray tan solution you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!

Yes there is the customer who loves the orange only way is essex spray tan, and there are solutions out there that will do the trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep got to agree Tantrick Organics is tops with me at the moment lol

Thanks for the info but im confused is tantrick organics one brand and organics another???

They are different brands/solutions produced by Wow Factor :)

Hi,
I use 8% A Tan on majority of male customers, perfectly natural colour even fade off. My other half has a tan every friday with this he is a football coach so you imagine if all the chaps knew!! Also, Nouvatan 8% is gorgeous natural brown, and Vita Liberata's Hawaii lovely golden natural colour. Favourites are the A Tan and Nouvatan though...you can get samples easily enough.

excellent thanks for the info, i have just ordered samples from A-Tan
cheers x

I use a-tan and its a nice solution, have trailed Omg and very impressed with that too and love the scents! I also spray my hubby who wouldn't have it if it looked like he had a fake tan!
Of all the ones I've tried, and I've tried a lot, these two are the ones that tick all my boxes for colour, fade off and longevity... I don't think you have to pay top whack to get a nice quality solution!

I didn't think we were supposed to post trade prices on the forum?..

Sent from my HTC Desire

can not rate organics highly enough, I have never (touch wood!) had any complaints, everyone loves the colour and it is so natural looking. The only thing I do find with it is sometimes even someone who you would think needs a 10% can actually get away with a 12%. I would say 12% is my most popular.

I also use fake bake some people just will not give up the big brands but it is not my favourite.

Organics for me too, I love it so much!!! x

Organic's bronzer has been specially formulated with authentic and certified organic ingredients designed to bring out the best in your tan!
Blended with active ingredients that assist to lock moisture in your skin, Organic's also offers potent antioxidant properties that help to improve skin tone for the most amazing results.

Chamomilla Rcutita flower extract is added to pamper delicate and sensitive skin due to its anti-inflammatory and skin soothing properties. Other superior ingrediants also go into Organics so will be more expensive to manufacture.

Yes there is quality spray tan solutions on the market that give great results and cheaper, but there are people that want the BEST!!!!!!!!

The Organics goes on warm and dry when sprayed which customers love, other solution have that wet cold feeling!!!!!!!!!!! So that is another benefit of paying extra!!!

Also there is a lot of confusion with Rapid Tans. The Organics Rapid tans have a special formula, and dont use high DHA percentages like some companies and class it as a rapid tan solution !!!

There is no point in having a product if it has low key boring marketing material, which some cheaper brands have!!!!!!! Brands attract customers. Nice posters laminated, window banners, counter displays, leaflets all give that extra touch. Quality marketing is not cheap for a company to produce!!!

If you are getting £18 - £25 a spray tan you can afford to have the best and your making decent cash!!!!!!!!

If you charge £10 a spray tan, yes go for a cheaper solution its your only option!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

I do my own marketing and I work mobile so counter displays, posters etc are of no use to me.

I can sell retail items with my current brand too and be even better off...

I've tried organics and I did like the warm feeling but that was as far as it went for me I'm afraid... I am happier with a-tan and Omg and a-tan is also organic :)

Each to their own I suppose...

Sent from my HTC Desire

Every salon/mobile owner has their own preference.

I was having a wee look at the A-Tan webiste and their prices are in the same League as Organics, so it sounds a great solution and gets good feeback on here.
Yes mobile tanners do not need the counter displays, A3 posters, they look great in a salon !!!!

I also rate OMG solutions, its a great solution, the smelly ones are amazing, funky name, good choice of % "[/FONT]does exactly what it says on the tin" They have amazing deals on the MaxiMist Kits

Another fav of mine is Australian Gold spray tan solution, luv the golden brown colour it gives !!!!

Apologies but I don’t agree that you get what you pay for. I use LA Tanning along with many technicians I know just because there prices are competative we don’t find that it reflects on the product at all. I actually like the way they do some great offers, it means more profit for me!!
I still try all the latest solution that hit the market and in my opinion LA Tanning still ticks all the boxes. I use LA 8 Gold and 10 gold on my fair skin tone clients, it gives you a lovely golden natural sun kissed colour. I would request a sample and try for yourself.

I am a newbie re: spray tanning (still gotta do my training & using friends machine to try solutions) and still trialling brands but personally scented spray tan is a gimmick and waste of time, one it's gone after showering, two it always smells synthetic and three thank god it washes off because I spend a fortune on my perfume!!

Haven't tried Organics yet but can't wait to (sample on way) from all I've heard sounds brilliant, haven't seen their promo stuff.

I've had Vani-t spray tans and know they are excellent!!!! and going take some beating!!

Waiting on some samples of NKD but can't find any literature only one promo pic but Colin seems very knowledgable.

Going try Nouvatan as had good reviews and reasonably priced, will prob train with them and found Dawn amazingly honest and helpful.

Unreal is excellent especially for fair skins, my red haired friend has never been able to use fake tan before Unreal! (not so good if you like a darker look)

As people have already said it is ALL down to personal preference...I use organics rapid tan...because I charge a little more it puts people off trying it I find....but the other week I did a spray tan group and only had the rapid tan solution in stock and so I said they could have it at the regular rate and now they have booked a further 7 tans with me and have requested the organics rapid they loved the dry feeling and the colour and they had all had spray tans before with fake bake, naturasun and st tropez....so I was very happy.

I have got a bundle of samples here to try as I am yet to find a more reasonably priced solution that I can offer slightly cheaper

HTH x

I agree when i was trained i was told there is a reason why they put fragrant in there solutions....!!(And it isn’t just for a nice smell) I personally would only buy fragrant free, one so I know it is a top solution and two the fragrant may not suit all your clients.

I tried OMG and was not at all impressed. The colour is ok but I found it doesnt last too long and that the fade off is terrible. I use Sienna X and Nouvtan which I love (Nouvan is my favourite of the two) and just fancied trying out the ''smelly'' ones...they will not be offered at my salon!

I tried OMG and was not at all impressed. The colour is ok but I found it doesnt last too long and that the fade off is terrible. I use Sienna X and Nouvtan which I love (Nouvan is my favourite of the two) and just fancied trying out the ''smelly'' ones...they will not be offered at my salon!

Thats odd you had a problem with the lasting and fade off with OMG.
Although I work for them I also use the solution in the salon. My collegaue gets sprayed with 16% every thursday. Fade off is fine and not patchy at all which means she can get sprayed every week. And theres also still a bit of colour there.
Whereas before when I used Sienna X she could only get a tan every 2 weeks as after a week its not all off and a little bit patchy still so we need to wait till its all off before respraying!
Plus all my girls who have had a sienna x with me all say omg is far better for the lasting and fade off!

I've read a few posts without naming names, and company reps pretending there just a therapist!

Sam x

Latest posts

Back