One client who's nails flip off, argh!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracie130178

Reaction score
Hi

I'm after a bit of advice. I do a ladies Acrylic nail enhancements and have been doing them for the past six months. Everytime I do a new set or rebalance she loses rather one nail or a few.

I have tried everything, I've pressed it harder so it bonds more, I have used nail fresh and primer, a stronger tip.

I had a text yesterday to say she has lost one, and didn't even realise it had come off. She said the rest was fine, and they don't even look like they need rebalancing (she was booked in for next monday, Then again today she said she has lost another three. I asked if she had done anything, she said she went swimming and then washed her hair and they actually came off in her hair.

Her job is working for a car hire firm and works behind the desk, so nothing that would cause any problems.

The only thing I can think is it's because her nails are week. I even asked if she puts her nails in her mouth and bends them and she said no. She doesn't want to wear just shellac she likes them long. She used to wear them quite long but I thought that was the problem, so do them a bit shorter,she doesn't like them too short.

Any suggestions guy's ???

Im at a loss!!

nail fresh and primer

Hi, the main reason for enhancements coming off is because of prep and application! Is the acrylic or gel touching the side walls at all when your applying it? I find when removing cutical I use a metal cutical push and really go to war on the cutical haha last much longer then xx

Hi it's acrylic I use. I made sure the prep was done properly, I took longer than normal on her nails making sure I was pressing firmly, and cuticles were all done. I have not a clue! X

When you buff the acrylic after do you buff the acrylic in zone 3 down to the nail plate so it is smooth? As If you we're blending a tip? Xx

The swimming bit worries me a bit, but then that would effect all her nails not just some. Can you walk us through your steps leading up to the acrylic application?

Hi

I don't have this problem with anyone else, so if it was me surely it would happen all the time :-( her nails are like paper, would that be it I'm thinking!!! Argh

perhaps her nails are naturally really oily and this is causing extreme lifting/pinging off? some people's nails just don't agree with enhancements?

I find this happens when clients rub their face cream into their nails after applying it to their face. Especially if it's the index finger, as this is the finger that gets into the pot of cream. This particularly happens with the more powerful, expensive creams. I ask my clients to use a spoon or spatula to take the cream out of the pot in future, this always stops the lifting

Another thing I find causes lifting is antibacterial gel , especially the ones used in hosp

If her nails are paper thin, long lengths are probably not the best of choice for her. Her natural nails aren't a good foundation for them, and paper thin nails are proned to lifting and pinging off. I get this a bit from ex-NSS clients.

I don't have this problem with anyone else, so if it was me surely it would happen all the time :-( her nails are like paper, would that be it I'm thinking!!! Argh

i think you've answered your own question here...

what happens when you build a house on sand? and what would happen if you built a sky scraper on sand?

The weaker the foundation - the less it can support...

If her nails are very weak and thin and she is having long enhancements put on, then the stress will always be more than her natural nail can support.

To add to her woes, everytime she loses one, she is taking at least some of the layers off her already thin nails... making them thinner and weaker for the next foundation ...

Personally - I would suggest to her that this will always happen until she wears an appropriate length of nail until such time as her nails can recover (if that's even possible for her...) And if she doesn't then she will have to formally agree that the outcome is not your responsibility..

hth's

I just posted this on two other threads...
I have to fill acrylic or traditional gel in a week to 10 days. My clients don't have this prob. My nail beds are oily. Also my nails are very flexible (since birth)
I can wear soak off gels w no prob. Hope that helps your confidence! She may just need fills more often.

Hi

Thank you for your replys. She does put moisturiser on her face but says only uses one hand and its both hands that lift hmmmmm!!! I do think it must be that her nails are weak, she said to me last night she thought her nails were strong, I couldnt believe it they are like paper shocked!! I have tried everything. It does knock your confidence, especially when I have tried everything.

Thank you guys. xx

Latest posts

Back