One client's leg just won't tan, why is this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercy_x

Reaction score
Im so confused,im new to tanning but have done quite a few clients now and a few times too..and one client ive done 3 times now and evry morning i get a text saying the tan hasnr taken to her legs,why would this happen!? I use siennasol and suntana so jave tried both on her too..dont seem to have this problem with anybody else,quite confused..she claims she does all the prep etc as she should, does anyone kmow why this would happen and keep happening? I also go over the whole body twice when spray tanning

Thanks

She has just sent me a picture. I always do her aswell as a few others too in one night(her and her friends) and they never have this problem x

Attachments

• IMG_20141212_100426.jpg
    IMG_20141212_100426.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 419
Apart from the obvious (prep, no moisturizer etc) , i really dont know. I sometimes come across clients like this and for these i spray the legs with a darker solution , say 16 % but spray the upper body with a 10 or 12 % , this seems to solve the problem for me. Make sure she is not wearing leggings or tights after the tan to. xx

Apart from the obvious (prep, no moisturizer etc) , i really dont know. I sometimes come across clients like this and for these i spray the legs with a darker solution , say 16 % but spray the upper body with a 10 or 12 % , this seems to solve the problem for me. Make sure she is not wearing leggings or tights after the tan to. xx

Yeah its really strange! Really love spray tanning but when this happens makes u feel rubbish lol. I may do tht next time then spray legs a 14% as sprayed her with 12% all over body x

Did you have enough solution in the carton? ... Did she use moisturiser or did she wear tight clothing straight after? v strange for this to happen but these could be done of the issues that could've occurred :) hth xx

Did you have enough solution in the carton? ... Did she use moisturiser or did she wear tight clothing straight after? v strange for this to happen but these could be done of the issues that could've occurred :) hth xx

Yup had plenty of solution, she said she shaved tues(tanning took place thurs eve) and washed with just water on the day and says she hasnt moisturised just wierd it only happens with her and just her legs, nope she put a lose onsie on after lol. Wierd it happens with two diff types of manufacturers too.
Only thing im wondering and could b nothing but she uses the patch for contreception and the others dont can this affect in anyway?

Only time I had patches that wouldn't tan I was pregnant.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to train for Montana Tan - if this is recurring I would suggest this is relating to her pigment in that leg, my daughter has round circle patches on her arms that don't tan, and its pigment damage that has been caused by being sunburnt many years ago x

Have you asked her does this happen with other tan?

Have you asked her does this happen with other tan?

Well iv used suntana and siennasol on her amd both the same. she never seems to have a problem with her own shop bought fake tan xx

I used to train for Montana Tan - if this is recurring I would suggest this is relating to her pigment in that leg, my daughter has round circle patches on her arms that don't tan, and its pigment damage that has been caused by being sunburnt many years ago x

Shes only ever been abroad once apparently,whether she sunbathes in England i domt know really but shes very white but so am i yet spray tanning takes nicely om me considering im as pale as her...like u say mist just b some sort of pigment in her legs. Very wierd x

I would it was because of her pigment in legs. As mentioned about try using a higher %. If shes having a 12% all over, Id try a 16%. And maybe ask her how long shes leaving it on before rinsing. She could be rinsing a little early.

I have a client who this happens to but only on the front of her shins! She sunburnt them apparantly so many years ago and tan doesn't seem to stick as much. I tell her to come back the next day and I spray her legs a second time for her, which seems to help x

i find this strange, she might be pregnant or on hormonal meds to cause this. I use suntana and its amazing for really pale people! i wouldn't bother using siennasol, just stick to using one. the longevity of suntana is better in my opinion.

Heres what i would do.
Ensure she hasn't put a barrier cream or body cream on her legs, (As this might be the reason why it hasnt taken)... then ask her to not wear her onesie as this may rub against the tan and cause the tan to become sweaty. Ask her to ensure its loose/covered as some people come wearing leggings skirts then get into the car where it rubs against the seats in cars.

so loose baggy joggers is properly best, then tan the legs three times, i assure you that the 1st coat takes it, the second is just for your own peace of mind, and the 3rd for her peace of mind that the guide colour will take. Leave it one overnight so make sure that shes your last client of the day, and viola you have a happy bunny in the morning, make sure you find out that she pat drys and ask how she showers it off. You never know she might be having a bubble bath! hths xoxo

The pic u posted looks suspect. Why her feet brown and legs white and arms brown. Looks like she has shaved. Enlarge the pic,

Then ask her come next day just spray her legs.
You just wipe down with ur pre tan skin prep yourself. Then spray her. Of happens again then perhaps she has other problems effecting her skin.

I have this problem on myself, I usually have to tan my legs a few times within a week to get them to go any colour at all, still don't go brown! unfortunately it does sometimes come down to pigmentation :( now I tan my top half and use sally Hanson leg makeup on my legs lol x

The patch shouldn't cause any problems. I use it and tan fine x

Latest posts

Back